[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any current monthly comics that tell completed stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: steven_shop2.jpg (164 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
steven_shop2.jpg
164 KB, 630x630
Are there any current monthly comics that tell completed stories within the issue?

I'm tired of six issue story arcs.
>>
File: 35k9atk.gif (540 KB, 245x149) Image search: [Google]
35k9atk.gif
540 KB, 245x149
>>
>>77717916
Batman '66? It only has one issue left though. Otherwise, I got nothing.
>>
>>77717916
Too hard for your brain to follow?
>>
>>77718179

No, it's because if it's written for a trade I might as well buy the trade.

I enjoy the single issue format though, it's just very difficult to find something that reads better in that form.
>>
>>77717916
Scarlet Witch and Spidey are said to have this set up. They aren't out yet though.
>>
>>77717916
Astro City.
>>
Ever hear of trade paperbacks?
>>
>>77717916
Hellboy and the BPRD 1953 so far each issue has told two stand alone stories
>>
>>77718290
So, you want a trade but 1/6 the size? Sounds like you're making more work for yourself. I'd recommend sticking with trade waiting.

Plus, if you're apt to reading a lot of titles from non-Big2 publishers, waiting around for single/monthly issues can be dicey.
>>
Frac's Hawkeye run is this, with ocassional two-parters. It's a lot of fun, despite its memebook status.
>>
Batman 66, except its ending next month.
>>
>>77719729
Is it a bad idea to buy Valiant by the issue? I'm slowly catching up to most things so picking up stuff monthly is a good way to get my fix.
>>
>>77717916
I haven't been in a while, but isn't that the comic shop thats on the same block as the empire state building.
>>
Grayson.
>>
>>77717916
Disney comics, maybe?
>>
>>77717916
My Little Pony: Friends Forever
>>
Gotham Academy is kind of issue to issue but there's still the background plots with Olive and her mom. You're not really going to get something fully episodic these days.
>>
>>77717916
Rick and Morty and other licensed comics often do
>>
File: stray bullets 18.jpg (40 KB, 414x640) Image search: [Google]
stray bullets 18.jpg
40 KB, 414x640
>>77717916
Try David Lapham's Stray Bullets. Each issue is meant to be read as a standalone story. Also, the issues can be read in any order, as they're not in chronological order. Think of the overall narrative as a huge jigsaw puzzle, with each issue being a piece of the puzzle... it doesn't matter where you start working on the puzzle, as long as you put each piece in the proper place, you'll eventually see the big picture.
>>
SHIELD follows this format.
>>
>>77718290
That's the most dickish and retarded response I've seen this month. I guess that Ditko, Kirby, Claremont, Starlin's stuff is for morons?
>>
>>77729782
what
>>
Hellblazer.
>>
>>77718179
If anything the opposite would be true. Most modern comics are a breeze to read through, while lots of older comics are filled to the brim with content, so you gotta sit down and invest time absorbing every page and detail.
>>
Moon Knight the Warren Ellis Run is like this
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.