[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Danger Mouse thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11
File: DangerMouf.jpg (450 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DangerMouf.jpg
450 KB, 1280x720
Danger Mouse thread?
>>
Squawkencluck thread.
>>
File: 2015 (2).png (836 KB, 1280x1311) Image search: [Google]
2015 (2).png
836 KB, 1280x1311
>>77711447
nah
>>
>>77711198
I want Squawkencluck to do this egg scene

http://youtu.be/ADjU6iET1yQ
>>
>>77711198

Is it good?
>>
>>77711574
It's pretty fun
>>
Is the hiatus over? Because if not, then no.
>>77711508
>not SIGNOR DAINJA MOWZ
Avevi un lavoro!
>>77711574
Not AS good as the original, but it's still worth watching.
>>
>>77711789
Hiatus?
>>
When IS the hiatus over, anyway?
>>
>>77712096
There's supposed to be a Christmas episode, Brian Blessed is voicing a character in that, so sometime next month hopefully.
>>
>>77711984
Metal Gear?
>>77712147
>Brian Blessed
YIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>77711198
>1 month of hiatus
>>
>>77712793
Welcome to Disney XD/Nickelodeon/CN/etc.
>>
>>77712147
Gee, I wonder who Brian Blessed might voice in a Christmas themed episode.
>>
>>77714090
The Chief's 8yr old nephew, Byron
>>
File: count_duck_high_res.png (517 KB, 2072x3552) Image search: [Google]
count_duck_high_res.png
517 KB, 2072x3552
>>77711198

Been a while since we had either a thread or an episode. None this week, seems none next week according to CBBC schedule.

Anticipating Duckula for next set of episodes.
>>
>>77711537
Ask an drawfriend to do that scene
>>
>>77714090
It's obvious, but sounds fantastic.
>GIFTS! YOU WANT GIFTS!
>PRESENTS AND TOYS AND JOYFUL THINGS!
>HOW CAN YOU HAVE GIFTS, WHEN YOU'RE ON MY NAUGHTY LIST!
>FOUL TOAD! BEGONE FROM MY SIGHT!
>>
Just started watching it today, I'm surprised how much I enjoyed it and I haven't even watched the original.

should I? I heard this is clearly faster in pace so I dunno if I'm gonna like the old version or not.
>>
>>77715733

Same as you, started watching this some months ago without having watched the original.

I was concerned that if I didn't like the original it will spoil my overall experience with Danger Mouse.

But I'm absolutely loving the original with its prolonged conversational humour and wordplay, absolutely suggest it.

Initially found the intro to be slightly jarring compared to current the excitable upbeat one, but its still great.
>>
chicken butt
>>
They gave it the old college try.
>>
>>77715899
Thanks, anon. I'll give it a try son.

I hope the voice acting is also charming. I really like DM's voice in the new cartoon.
>>
>>77715733
On balance, I'd say the original is better, albeit a LOT more British. The new show only has 10 minutes or so, so it's plot-focused, whereas the old show had 20+ minutes to do things in, so they could spend time having DM and Penfold bicker and make dreadful puns, or have the narrator go off on a rant about the rubbish he has to read, until he's cowed into submission by one phone call from his boss.

It's not entirely perfect - expect recycled animation cels aplenty, and Penfold's a lot less competent in the old show and more of a loveable coward; Colonel K's more of an old duffer, and say goodbye to your chicken waifu.
>>77716097
If anything, the voice acting is better overall imo. I'm almost getting used to Greenback being German instead of a distinguished old British gent, but Dave Lamb just doesn't impress me at all. Shame, really, as I love Come Dine With Me.
>>
>>77716097

DMs voice is not too dissimilar in the original, should be equally charming.

Originally voiced by David Jason as he himself demonstrates, among others, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSv-HXX-EU4
>>
>>77716291
Nice to hear.

>>77716212
Lucky for me she ain't my waifu.
>>
>>77714317
My first thought was "why does he have purple highlights." immediately followed by "OF COURSE HE HAS PURPLE HIGHLIGHTS."

Super glad they're bringing Duckula back.
>>
File: take me to your leader.jpg (138 KB, 883x659) Image search: [Google]
take me to your leader.jpg
138 KB, 883x659
>>77716212

Over the numerous series of the original the length and format varied considerably, I'd more attribute the punnery and extended narration to the, typically british, low budget production being able to recycle dialouge cels.

Of course, the series of five part episodes had the narrator offering tremendous thick and fast unreeling of pure poetry to begin and each part.

I must concur, that I too am a little dissapointed with David Lamb as narrator. It would like a perfect choice, but it just work out for the format of the show.
>>
>>77716661

*It would seem like a perfect choice, but it just doesn't work out for the format of this reboot.
>>
>>77716419
I'll stay moderately hype until I see Igor and Nanny.
>>77716661
>>77716684
The low budget of the original was a factor, there's no denying that, but nuDM is very much a "here is the plot, we must complete it within our allotted time" affair. Nothing wrong with that, but it's more noticeable when it's always 11 minutes, as opposed to the more fluid nature of classic DM. Vive le difference, and all that.

I don't know why I'm acting like I'm such an expert; I've only seen reruns of the old show when Boomerang replayed the same 8 episodes from the 90's for a year or so, as well as the occasional DVD with 3 whole episodes on it from HMV. I keep meaning to buy the Complete Series boxset, but then I remember I'm a stingy bugger with a wishlist longer than the M1.

I'm more upset than a grown man should be by Dave Lamb being such a rubbish Stiletto - I'm sure he's a lovely man, but he can't do an Italian accent to save his life.
>>
>>77717001
I admit I miss Greenback's wheeze. I'm not sure why they made him German instead of sounding like a frog.

Also Nanny and Igor might not show up, they were only in the spinoff and presumably Duckula's going back to his antagonistic roots. Or not, who knows.
>>
File: hot, hot, hot!.jpg (100 KB, 877x662) Image search: [Google]
hot, hot, hot!.jpg
100 KB, 877x662
>>77717001

I'm no expert as well, I do wish for the boxset too. It's actually quite a bargain, but just don't have the money or time to indulge in it all.
>>
>>77717248
>presumably Duckula's going back to his antagonistic roots
I'm going to raise my own hopes to absurd levels and assume he'll try to emulate the Twilight/Anne Rice "smoulderingly angsty" vampire, which always falls flat due to him being a giant dork.

Either that or they tweak his shtick from the Count Duckula cartoon and have him show up in random places and ruin everything by being a blithely oblivious spoilt little twit who has to have his own way. Then again, unintentionally antagonists ninnies are my jam.
>>77717414
I've had to make myself cease buying boxsets until I finish my Region 1 Ultraman DVDs. I've been on the second disc now for... ooh, let's just call it "a while".
>>
File: image.jpg (358 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
358 KB, 1024x576
best outfit
>>
>>77718271
She should let her hair down more often.

Or... feathers down?

...Down down?
>>
File: image.jpg (374 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
374 KB, 1024x576
>>77718404
whichever it is, i agree
>>
>>77717580
I liked the classic "I want fame!" motivation just because its so absurd for a vampire, but there's NO WAY they won't do a Twilight parody.

Maybe with Squackandcluck if we're lucky, she hasn't gotten to do anything in a few episodes.
>>
File: 1080.png (578 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1080.png
578 KB, 1280x720
>>77718271
>>77718404
i want to see offduty DM more
>>
>>77719542
Yeah, but you saw how crazy he gets when he's not saving the world. He's an 'always on' kinda mouse.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.