[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jessica Jones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: jessicajones.jpg (92 KB, 640x322) Image search: [Google]
jessicajones.jpg
92 KB, 640x322
If she didn't want to kill Kilgrave why didn't she just ablate his vocal cords so he can't speak?
>>
>>77709693
She needed proof of his ability, that's the whole reason she didn't want to kill him you fucking retard.
>>
>>77709780
Why didn't she just pack a gun and shoot him after he killed Hope? Why waste time talking to him right before he told Luke to kill her?

Just pop a cap in his ass, problem solved
>>
Why didn't Kilgrave stop breathing or choke on his own vomit and die when Jessica repeatedly administered a powerful anaesthetic without the supervision of a trained anaesthetist?
>>
>>77710019
Kilgrave has a healing factor.

It's what allowed him to survive the double kidney transplant and what will let him survive a broken neck.
>>
Did it piss anyone else off how they sort of teased how he would become purple...but it never happens?
>>
>>77710385
Next time he appears he'll be purple for lack of breathing
>>
File: jess jones.png (430 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
jess jones.png
430 KB, 800x450
>people still watching this shit
>>
The people who keep asking "Why didn't she just X Kilgrave?" likely didn't even watch the show. How much more plainly did they need to spell it out.
>>
>>77710870
This scene must have upset you deeply, loser.
>>
>>77709693
Better question is why was she so obsessed with proving Hope was innocent?

Surely the shit Kilgrave did to Jessica outweighs what he did to the other girl.
>>
>>77710998
You're an idiot, did you watch the show?
>>
>>77710385
Why do people want Kilgrave to be purple so bad? It would have looked like shit in live action.
>>
>>77710998
>Better question is why was she so obsessed with proving Hope was innocent?

This guy.
>>
>>77710385
After his last upgrade, you can see faint purple veins on his face in a couple scenes. I think when he's exerting his power. (Someone pointed that out on io9.)
>>
>>77709802
Shut up, Nuk
>>
>>77710998
Are you a sociopath, an edgelord, or just plain autistic?
>>
>>77710998
She was projecting herself onto Hope, and also part of it was that she really is a hero.

Also
The Finale sucked.
All this hype for new Killgrave powers and he doesn't have like a group of orphans kill Jess.
And don't give me none of this he didn't want to confirm his ability shit. He fully expected it not to work on her, and still used it on cops there is no way he didn't realize this would lead to people accepting that his powers were real.
>>
>>77711837
>She was projecting herself onto Hope, and also part of it was that she really is a hero.
>She really is an hero for causing the death of a least 5 people through her incompetence.

No she isn't.
>>
>>77711937
She wants to be a hero. She'll deny that shit but honestly the only reason she's not just taking all the cases she got called for in the end was because she tries to hide that she cares.
>>
>>77711837
Unless Killgrave's death was a work.

What if you made your arch-enemy believe she killed you?
>>
>>77709780
tell me all about how kidnapping someone and torturing them with sleep deprivation and electroshocks will be admissible in court?

bad writing, bad show
>>
>>77710998
She thinks that by saving Hope she can somehow save herself by proxy. (MUH EMOOOOTTTIIIOOOONNNSSS)
>>
>>77712016
That would feel cheap, honestly.

>Spend 11 episodes hammering into everyone's head that you won't kill the guy who ruin lifes daily.
>Literally make a girl commits suicide because of your lack of reasoning.
>Eventually realize you've been retarded and kill the villain in the same generic situation you fought him ten times before.
>SYKE
>>
>>77712016
I'm honestly kind of hoping it's that.
Or that at least he isn't totally dead.

Imagine a paralyzed Killgrave being led around by soldiers from the 10 rings
>>
>>77712061
Only if you view it from the perspective of JJ if viewed from the greater Marvel universe it works out.

Although I'm just a sucker for characters working their whole lives (or their whole series) towards a goal and utterly failing.
>>
If the red pills make your brain unable to make your lungs breathe why didn't Jessica just do mouth to mouth rescue breaths on Patsy? Why didn't the ambulance EMT just ventilate her with a bag and mask and an oropharyngeal airway?
>>
>>77712061
>Literally make

Did you even WATCH the show you're complaining about? Shut up.
>>
>>77712024
you mean how all the lawyers and cops told her explicitly that shit wouldn't be admissible and you didn't pay attention because you're retarded?
>>
How many fucking times are people gonna ask this question?

People want more complex characters and stories, but they can't even properly understand the simple ones unless they're explicitly spelled out for them, and sometimes even that isn't enough.
>>
>>77709780
The writing is terrible in this show. Don't make excuses for it.

>superstrength woman needs to smash an unruly customer through her own door that she can't afford to fix to handle him, instead of just grabbing his arms and talking sense into him
>superstrength coalburner going to save her one night lover from a rugby team beating, feels the needsto rip the handpiece off of a phone to use as a club, smash tables, instead of just slapping bitches
>let me just hang around bravely where my mind-controller enemy can find me, it's the brave thing to do for a strong independent woman who don't need no man
>guy has to talk to people to control them, plan to deal with him does not involve deaf snipers, or even a deer rifle and an iPod
>mind-controller guy's revenge plan is to taunt and provoke his super-powered target who knows how his powers work and previously arranged his near death, not to just walk up and take control of her
>Purple Man in this series, rather than Mandrill

I'm only on the second episode, and I can already tell this isn't going to get better.
>>
>>77714795
>>superstrength woman needs to smash an unruly customer through her own door that she can't afford to fix to handle him, instead of just grabbing his arms and talking sense into him
Nod to the comics, you're an idiot.

>superstrength coalburner going to save her one night lover from a rugby team beating, feels the needsto rip the handpiece off of a phone to use as a club, smash tables, instead of just slapping bitches
Didn't know Luke had superpowers. You're an idiot.

>let me just hang around bravely where my mind-controller enemy can find me, it's the brave thing to do for a strong independent woman who don't need no man
What the fuck is this even referring to. You're still an idiot.

>guy has to talk to people to control them, plan to deal with him does not involve deaf snipers, or even a deer rifle and an iPod
You are literally walked through why a sniper is unfeasible. You're an idiot.

>mind-controller guy's revenge plan is to taunt and provoke his super-powered target who knows how his powers work and previously arranged his near death, not to just walk up and take control of her
>not to just walk up and take control of her
You're. An. Idiot.
>>
>>77714873
>Didn't know Luke had superpowers.
You think that's a reason that she had to smash up his bar (gratuitously wasting time destroying a payphone) taking her time dealing with two or three of the crowd piling on him and stabbing him with broken beer bottles on the other side of the room?

In any kind of a sensibly-choreographed scene, she would have beelined for him to protect him, not taken her time beating up a couple of the guys.

I'm not going to reply to the rest of this. It doesn't seem to be any smarter.

And Purp should be Mandrill.
>>
Better question was how a supposed genius detective thought that kidnapping and torturing a suspect would bring about a conviction if she coaxed him to use his powers? No court in the US would allow that, I know that, and I'm not a fucking lawyer.
>>
>>77710361
m8 you could have a healing factor strong enough to regrow your fingers when i cut them off any second now, it still wouldn't mean you could breathe after you swallowed your tongue

>>77712706
jesus do you expect tv writers to know about that shit? they think defibrilation starts your heart up again

>>77714873
>>not to just walk up and take control of her
>You're. An. Idiot.

not him, but that's a legitimate one

there's really no way to stop somebody sneaking up on you short of burying yourself in a box, and even then it's just a question of finding the box, which you can't do anything about from inside it

it's why people can be found even if they go into hiding; it's not a question of manpower in the search, even, it's just simple deductive reasoning and occasionally bribing someone to tell you where Saddam's hole is

i mean you literally got so carried away with your ad hominem that you decided the bulk of police detective work is a boondoggle there
>>
>>77712024
They addressed that.
>>
>>77715095
>genius detective
She follows people and takes pictures.
You're just a retard.
>>
>>77715498

The problem isn't that they knew better, it's that Jessica didn't. She's supposed to be so smart, and wants a conviction, yet does that?
>>
When Jessica namedropped the NSA regarding tapping phonecalls, did she mean to namedrop SHIELD instead?
>>
>>77715578

Except that one time where she told Cage his entire backstory. You can't get that from pictures. I guess she just got lucky?
>>
>>77715095

She wasn't trying to convict Killgrave.

She just needed proof to show the court that his powers were real, so they would accept that he made Hope kill her parents and she would get off.
>>
File: 97.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
97.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
>>77710870
wait....is that a woman with an light colored outer organ, having simulated sex with a man with a darker outer organ,, ahhhhhhh don't they know i don't like that, the world should revolve around my fragile emotions
>>
>>77715194
At the start of the series, she thinks Purp is dead.

He knows about her, she doesn't know about him. He grabs a girl and sends her parents to Jones, and has it all planned out that she'll rescue the girl and return her to her parents, so she can kill them.

He's giving her every chance to flee, to gather allies, or find some way to fight back. Why? To make her feel helpless? How would that not be better achieved by simply taking control of her?

No, he's being written by people who never stop, even at the outline stage, and say, "Hmm... this doesn't work, better change it." He's being written as an idiot for the convenience of making the plot happen. It's lazy.

This is what separates actually good TV from TV which just has good production values.
>>
>>77715194
Hey they cared enough to do some cursory research on how to relieve a tension pneumothorax in an emergency situation for Daredevil

You'd think they'd Google "how to manage apnea". Even a layperson could figure out that " person's brain can't tell the lungs to breathe" -> "make her breathe manually with manual ventilation, and an airway adjunct to keep the airway open"
>>
>>77715645

Again, no court would allow evidence taken from torture, even if the person being tortured wasn't the defendant.
>>
>>77714873
>What the fuck is this even referring to
The fact that she knows for a fact that Kilgrave knows where she lives and visits frequently yet she STILL keeps going there and taking people there, like Luke at the end. It's like she WANTS everyone she loves to be found.

>Nod to the comics, you're an idiot.
>if it made sense in the comics it'll make sense in an adaptation
Fuck you bro.
>>
>>77715724
He can't take control of her directly. He's known that since he failed to make her turn around right after killing Cage's wife.
>>
>>77715588
She's delusional.
Jesus Christ, anon.
Do you need everything exlpained to you?
>>
>>77715763

She wasn't delusional the entire time until when it's convenient for the plot? Ok. Great writing, 10/10.
>>
>>77715763

The problem is the other characters go along with it, except Hogarth, who is retarded in her own way.
>>
>>77715734

This would be major enough they'd have to rethink that. They wouldn't put away a girl because they don't believe in superpowered mindcontrol, if superpowered mind control is proven to the court. They'd have to throw out the whole case.

There's no existing legal proceeding for this, because nobody's ever proven mind control was real.
>>
>>77715813
There is no Killgrave. She doesn't have super strength, and neither does Luke. She is not licensed to be a private investigator, nor has she ever had any clients.

The show is about paranoid schizophrenia.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 786x393
Based Nuke is best character. She should have let him do it.
>>
>>77715967

The worst part was she would have after Hope died, but he no longer believed her.
>>
>>77715915
>They'd have to throw out the whole case.

No, the whole point from the start is that addressing mind control would only open a can of worms and wouldn't do anything real for Hope. Even if they proved mind control existed, how would they prove Hope was mind controlled when she killed her parents? What about all the other people who claimed to be mind controlled? You supposed to just take their word for it?

Jessica just has brain problems and """""hoped"""" that proving Hope's innocence would remove her own guilt. Which is why she acts like a retard until Hope literally dies.
>>
>>77716408

That's so sad. Hope was fucked no matter what they did, just because Kilgrave is a suck fuck.
>>
>>77715724
He can't control her anymore, that's like the major plot point of the series and why he does all his stalker bullshit in the beginning.

Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>77715967
yeah remember that awesome time she had proof of his powers and a lawyer and police officer to corroborate said evidence legitimizing it in court, and nuke killed the officer and burned the evidence
>>
>>77716991
Because that officer would have put Kilgrave in a prison system that was never designed to hold him.

They should have phoned the Avengers to take him in, but fuck that noise
>>
>>77715724
Confirmed for idiot who didn't watch the show. How much more fucking obvious do they have to make it for you that he couldn't control her?
>>
>>77710870
Jesus christ, we get it. You're terrified of getting keked because you're a beta pussy. Just shut up already
>>
Because the whole show is just a metaphor for rape and rape survivors.

Kilgrave's outburst that "I CAN'T know if anyone actually wants to do the things I tell them or not!" sounds like a parody of MRA arguments about how communication of consent can be ambiguous in sexual situations.
>>
>>77717285

That wouldn't have worked either. He'd just control the Avengers.

Really there was no way to safely take Kilgrave alive, without either cutting out his vocal chords, or shutting down his powers completely.

They don't really have a prison to hold superpowered criminals in the MCU because they usually end up killing them.
>>
>>77717833

Funny thing is he can. He just has to ask because people can't lie to him either.

Kilgrave is just full of shit.
>>
Jessica hears from Kilgrave's parents that they were trying to cure him and decides that "it was all lies, Kilgrave was lying about being tortured as a kid"

Except that can't she grasp that for a child being held down and stabbed with needles while screaming is basically torture from the kid's perspective even if it was for a purpose?

Did she somehow also forget about the videos of all the other kids undergoing painful and dehumanizing experiments?
>>
>>77709802
because anytime he could be killed, he could have sleep kamikazes for leverage. She only got the guts to do it when it endangered Trish. So, you know when Spidey has to choose between a schoolbus and his girlfriend, and he picks the schoolbus? Jessica picked the other option, without knowing if it would kill those people or not.

I mean, they outright state this in the dialogue, so I don't know why I'm even trying.
>>
>>77717973

And Kilgrave is an adult now. Unless they never told him they were trying to cure a severe illness that would have killed him he should be able to understand.

I thought it was horrible I couldn't eat icecream all the time as a kid, but now as an adult I understand it was so I didn't grow up to be a fatass.
>>
>>77717973

Tbh senpai I think they were just attempting to subvert the bad childhood backstory and didn't think about it too hard.
>>
>>77717864
Tony could just have his robots deal with him. He can't control robots.
>>
>>77718057

Well yes. Tony and Rhodes could have fought him and turned off audio so he couldn't order them.

Or they could have sent Vision to deal with him.

But unless they were gonna kill him, which was Jones was gonna do anyway there was nothing the Avengers could do to contain him.
>>
>>77712110
Thank God you're not a writer.
>>
>>77715025
Why the fuck would Purple Man be Mandrill?
>>
>>77718057
Tony is forbidden from roboting.
>>
>>77712024
You weren't paying attention. She didn't need him to confess. She just needed him to demonstrate his powers. As long as one of the jurors believed that he had mind control, Hope would walk.
>>
>>77718021

All she'd have to do is keep him unconcious or sedated for 12 hours. Then kill him.

His commands are only good for 12 hours out of his presence because then his virus wears off. So his suiciders wouldn't do it.

Plus weren't they not sure if his commands would even work after his death?
>>
>>77718209
>But unless they were gonna kill him, which was Jones was gonna do anyway there was nothing the Avengers could do to contain him
The Avengers are the only ones with access to legitimate AI (or near-AI), so he could have a prison staffed exclusively by AI-controlled robots, with no humans anywhere for him to control.
Or they could have Scarlet Witch fuck with his brain. I'm sure that would work out.
>>
>>77714795
>this autism
>>
File: 1304271588260s.jpg (3 KB, 126x122) Image search: [Google]
1304271588260s.jpg
3 KB, 126x122
>Claire literally offers to call Daredevil
>who is literally immune to Kilgrave
>literally nothing comes of this
What a fucking waste.
>>
>>77709693
That's what she did.
>>
>>77718337
...is this bait...?
>>
>>77718402
Daredevil is immune to Killgrave you idiot.
>>
>>77718269

And what do they do while Stark is building this special prison and bots to hold one guy?

I mean Scarlet Witch could mindrape him, but that's inhumane according to the law. They might as well cut his vocal chords out so he can't talk. Or you know..just kill him.
>>
>>77714795
>>guy has to talk to people to control them, plan to deal with him does not involve deaf snipers, or even a deer rifle and an iPod
"Oh fuck, killgrave is back in town, better just call the local school for the deaf and see who's top in their sniper class this year."
>>
>>77718423

In the comics. We don't know if he would be in show.
>>
>>77718250
>All she'd have to do is keep him unconcious or sedated for 12 hours. Then kill him.
They couldn't kill him while trying to free Hope. After that, they didn't know where he was, and after that, they didn't know the duration.

>Plus weren't they not sure if his commands would even work after his death?
Which is why Jessica didn't want to risk it until Trish was in danger. It's not that she knew it would happen.
>>
>>77709693
>If she didn't want to kill Kilgrave

I think she wanted to, she was just waiting for a good excuse to do it. If she just walked up and shot him in the face or something, it would still seem pretty fucked up to the rest of the outside world. I think she knew that and had to wait for an opportunity to do it in defense
>>
>>77718465
But then Hope wouldn't be freed. It's like you assume that the characters have all the same information you have when you've watched the whole thing. Yeah, if they'd kill Kilgrave at the beginning then no one would've died, but they couldn't possibly know that, they were taking the best solution hoping he wouldn't kill anyone else at all points until they got fed up.
>>
>>77718250
Before he went overboard on the fetus juice his powers were already amped up to 24 hour periods and a hundred yards, at the end we didn't know how powerful he was just a shit ton stronger.

Not to mention she's tried that kind of situation twice now, each failing. She just wanted it over, especially with how strong he was now.
>>
>>77718487
How was DD immune in the comics? Because he couldn't make eye contact with him?
>>
>>77718666
>I can't hear you; I'm blind!
>>
>>77718666
I think it's because Matt is wired differently than a normal person. Think about it, he processes more sensory information than a normal human (minus sight) so maybe Killgrave's virus/pheromone just doesn't mix with that kind of brain chemistry
>>
>>77718859
>so maybe Killgrave's virus/pheromone just doesn't mix with that kind of brain chemistry
It's more likely that he would be affected. He can still receive verbal commands without need for eye contact.
>>
>>77718666
Being blind lets him focus hard enough to ignore Kilgrave's instructions, or something.
>>
>>77714795
>>superstrength woman needs to smash an unruly customer through her own door that she can't afford to fix to handle him, instead of just grabbing his arms and talking sense into him

>doesn't understand illogical anger and reacting
People break stuff in anger all the time. It's stupid, and human nature.

>all the other dumb shit

you know what, fuck off I'm too lazy for your shit kid.
>>
>>77718666

He just has a sharp enough mind to resist him. So for that matter could Kingpin, Dr Doom and a bunch of other guys. And any decently powerful psychic.

In the show his control seems more absolute and willpower is seemingly pointless.
>>
>>77719226
yeah, the show character didn't exist long enough for writers to have to come up with idiotic excuses and plot-armor. With the exception of Jessica herself, I guess, but even that was implied and kind of the point.
>>
>>77717973
>Did she somehow also forget about the videos of all the other kids undergoing painful and dehumanizing experiments?

the thumbdrive isn't "Killgrave's parents greatest hits" it's "Experiments that resulted in gifted, greatest hits." killgrave was just a single track on it.
>>
>>77719591
no really, you can go back to your kek porn now
>>
>>77719611

I only watch JAVs, no kekking here.
>>
>>77719633
okay, then you're afraid someone will steal your girlpillow, whatever
>>
>>77718032
You might have missed the bit where the it l professor that Jessica called to try to track down Killgrave's parents obviously thought they were disgusting and was reluctant to be associated with them or discuss them any further.
>>
>>77715967
I really felt sorry for this guy.
>>
>>77717973
Jessica is biased against Killgrave. No big surprise there given all the shit he did to her.

Thing is, his parents were trying to help him. Problem is his parents were trying to keep him alive in a horrible way that resulted in incredible pain. Naturally, he grew up resentful and once the powers kicked in, well, all the shit hit the fan.

After that he literally grows up without anything resembling an authority figure and having powers that guarantee instant satisfaction. It's pretty easy to see how he became what he is.

Of course, it's too much to hope for for Jessica, being who she is, to ever realize that.
>>
>>77715967
Were the writers just trying to use him as a lame metaphor for drunken/druggie abusive boyfriends?
>>
>>77720852

Jessica just understands all of that is not an excuse to be a murderous rapist, because nothing in the world ever is, unlike some people that seem to think Kilgrave is justified.
>>
>>77720884
Not justified, understandable.

There is a difference between agreeing and understanding.
>>
>>77720924

I just don't get that. Would Kilgrave rather he died of his disease?
>>
>>77720960
It depends if you think Kilgrave hates himself like Jessica hates herself.

Saying what Kilgrave wants is a difficult thing because he always gets what he wants. His life has no conflict of interest, no challenge, no interest. That's why he loves Jessica - she's the only thing- sorry, person that ever opposed him.
>>
>>77709693
What's WRONG with her FACE?!
>>
File: image.jpg (322 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
322 KB, 1800x1800
Which was worse?
>>
>>77721426
Hogarth was great, what are you talking about? Glad she's going to be a major reoccuring foil in Iron Fist.
>>
>>77720852
I'm a big touchy feely liberal pansy. I so badly wanted this to turn into the "redeem Kilgrave show" even though I knew it would never happen.
Everyone in the show is just such a huge fuckup that he somehow came out as one of the most likable characters.
>>
>>77717285
presumable thats when SHEILD steps up and either cuts out his vocal cords or fits him with a special muzzle
>>
>>77720960
Think of it from the point of view of not an emotionally mature adult but an emotionally stunted one.

I spend a lot of time around the hospital as a kid. If I had a nickle for every "I hate you, mom/dad!" I heard a kid shout out I'd be a rich man.

Now switch vaccines and dentist appointments for spinal fluid extraction. That shit hurts like hell.

The one day it is the resentful kid the one who is calling the shots and who will be forever enabled in anything he wants because that's his super power.
>>
>>77721426
i wanted former-junkie to punch her in the face so bad.
like the show would have ended much happier and 4 episode earlier if she wasn't such a fuckhead
>>
>>77721690

Unless he'd geniunely rather have died, and it sure doesn't seem like that, I think even with Kilgrave's emotional immaturity he'd have the brains to understand "Well sure I was tortured as a kid, but it beats fucking dying over a decade ago."
>>
>>77721452
i was suprised how the show made me like Jeri
i expected to just hate this character but they gaver her layers and it was cool.
like she legit loved her secretary and was having a hard divorce with a woman who refused to give her any quarter.
it was kinda creepy how Wendy was like the only person in the show who went along with one on Kilgraves commands happily.
bitch lawyer though she may be Jeri didnt deserve 1000 cuts and it was kinda terrifying seeing her try to scramble away from her
>>
>>77721815
Emotions beat facts. Saving his life is secondary to, "Fuck it, that was torture."

That said, there is something of a knowledge gap here. He's resentful. We know that. We also know he didn't immediately kill his parents or anything like that. Which makes sense because back then he was just an angry kid, not a total monster. That came later.

The big incident before his parents leave seems to be the part where he made his mom burn her face which was likely the big turning point for him. His parents say it was because he was a sadistic shit. He says he was a kid throwing a tantrum.

Both are equally likely since he is a piece of shit prone to throwing tantrum. At that point, it's pick your own interpretation.
>>
>>77721928

She took a fetus and tried to have secret experiments on it so she could sway court decisions into her favor. In no way was she a saint. Matter of fact, I think she's pretty badly written as it seemed like the writers didn't know if they wanted her to be evil or not. God forbid a lesbian be evil.
>>
>>77722072
But the show is pretty clear she's a bad person at the end. Take your /pol/ blinkers off.
>>
>>77722072
No real people are consistently "evil" in everything they do, even the terrible ones.
>>
>>77721928

Interesting thing was she was the only person able to outthink Kilgrave's commands at least for a little while.

He orders her to drive, she tells him to clarify a destination, he tells her to take her to a doctor she trusts, she brings him to her ex the person trying to screw her and that she wants revenge on.

It doesn't last as she starts blathering about the fetus thing based on a off hand comment, but still it was interesting seeing as nobody else managed to do that.
>>
When daddy gives Kilgrave the odds of the formula killing him at the end, and tells him he's hoping it does, Kevin responds that he feels the same way.
Was he simply saying that he wants his father to die just as much, or was he letting slip that he kinda hopes the injection kills him?
>>
>>77722426
I honestly feel that you can take it either way.
>>
>>77722426
>was he letting slip that he kinda hopes the injection kills him?
I understood it as this.
>>
>>77715747
But in any way does that relate to her being a woman?

Also the door thing helped to establish her personality.
>>
>>77722190

She constantly stood by Jessica even though it made no sense both logically and financially. She basically did everything for her pro bono. She never betrayed her even when it was clear she wanted to. Technically she only made the deal with Killgrave cause he forced her to guide him to her. Other than being a hard ass, a cheater, and the fetus thing, she's technically a better person than Jessica.
>>
File: Eka Darville.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Eka Darville.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
It took me 7 or so episodes in to realize that Malcolm was a Power Ranger
>>
This show was such a fizzer.
With way too many logic breaks and lame grrl power moments.
Critics claiming it was better than Daredevil, but literally nothing about it is better.
The writers need to learn how to escalate a situation.
>>
>>77723348
>The writers need to learn how to escalate a situation.
Fucking this. Jessica Jones confronts Kilgrave several times in the same manner until she fucking gets the grand idea to just play along with him.
>>
>>77722677

Wait what? Everything in the second half is basically her fault because she tried to make a deal with Kilgrave to control her ex, otherwise Kilgrave never would have escaped that tank and Jessica's plan would have worked.
>>
Why was Jessica immune on the show anyway? I really don't believe it was just for remorse of killing Reva
>>
File: mesmero classic x-men.jpg (281 KB, 853x640) Image search: [Google]
mesmero classic x-men.jpg
281 KB, 853x640
>>77715025
>And Purp should be Mandrill.

Marvel has had multiple rapist mind control villains. Why are you obsessed with the mandril?
>>
>>77723484

If it was all her fault she wouldn't have pointed the gun at him while trying to escape from him, it makes no sense. After the initial control everything was the result of Kilgrave's control.
>>
>>77722234
Except for Muslims
>>
>>77723348
>literally nothing about it is better

The acting was more consistently good (the acting at the start of Daredevil was not).

And I think Kilgrave > Kingpin
>>
>>77723788
Did you miss the part where she disabled the electricity to the tank that was their failsafe against Kilgrave, which resulted in his escape?
>>
>>77722292
see i took that as despite all the shit going on between them Jeri still trusted Wendy
like one last little stab of "just because im not in love with you doesn't mean i hate you"
its why the divorce was such a big deal, Jeri just wanted it done and over with but Wendy kept pushing for more and more, granted part of that was justified because JJ drunkenly threatened her, but Wendy resented the hell out of Jeri for the whole
>>
>>77723678
She has super powers and she's probably the one person who has spent the most time with Kilgrave constantly under his control. If anyone was going to develop some sort of immunity, it would make sense it'd be her.
>>
>>77723678
>Jessica has super-anatomy (strength, etc)
>Her immune system is correspondingly strong
>She can develop immunity to the Kilgrave virus and normal people can't
>>
>>77723678
see i took it that the fact that she had the most continued exposure, and so when killing Reva snapped her out of it it let her body make antibodies to his virus
so its a combo of exposure and snapping out of it
>>
>>77723348

>nothing was better

The middle was. It might have been a little repetitive, but it was better then all the nonsense with the Russians that didn't mean shit.

Also Nuke might have been a little awkwardly handled, but at least he was a character in the story. All the Madame Gao/Black Sky mysticism served no purpose AT ALL except to tease future plot elements.

Daredevil was awesome, but it was messy too. Jessica Jones was far more focused, if slower and WAY less suitable for binge-watching.
>>
>>77712024
Confirmed for not even watching the show
>>
I am watching the scene where simpson take those redpills.
Wasn't he told to only take 1 red pill?
Also Jacket guy is best victim
>>
Just finished it. Man. What a mess. What a mess.

There were a couple episodes in the middle where it seemed to be going well.

Awful writing. So many stupid decisions. I'm not sexist but, it's as if women wrote a noir/cape show without being able to navigate either genre.

Daredevil was way, way better.
>>
>>77724886

>bites down on red pills, immediately goes HAM just to shoot two people
>>
>>77724886

Yes.

>one red
>two white
>one blue
>>
What are everyone's hopes for Luke Cage?

Personally, it's the show I've been looking forward to the least, and I'm mostly going to watch it to keep up.

I'll enjoy more scenes of Luke not giving a fuck as people try to hurt him though, like in the bar. Like, just a whole half hour of that please.
>>
>>77724924
In that scene he actually takes two
>>
>>77712706
But the EMT did exactly that while he was questioning Jessica about the drug she took. He took the mask off of her as soon as she started breathing on her own again.
>>
>>77715734
It literally doesn't matter. It's for Hope's case, not a case against Killgrave. The goal is to demonstrate his powers are real so Hope has a defence. It makes no difference if his confession is administrable or that he even confesses anything.

All she needed was proof of his powers, because that part is perfectly admissible under any circumstances.
>>
>>77717285
Why would the Avengers answer her call? Do they have a hotline? Would the believe her or would Thor open the door and become a walking WMD?
>>
>>77715967
>can barely act
>character goes full retard because lel drugs
Yea, I know he becomes Nuke, but his character arc went from lame to terribad. Kilgrave was out doing god knows and the story had to stop in its tracks because Simpson was having roit rage.

Him and Robyn are tied for worst characters on the show.
>>
>>77721426
>that scene where Hogarth's feeling up the secretary
came buckets. They were such a fucking hot couple.
>>
>>77721690
True as fuck. Kids stuck in a hospital get very emotionally stunted and very spoiled. The world revolves around them and they become huge assholes if they grow up.
>>
He said "I feel the same way about you"

He wanted his dad to die.
>>
>>77723788
she disabled the tazer in his cell. It's because of her that he escaped.
>>
>>77724944
im hoping it takes place post JJ but with flash backs to Origin and pre JJ
im hoping for a story where he builds himself back up after his ordeal in JJ and what ever happened before, a personal redemption story but one thats more focused on him than JJs was. and one that that feels genuinely "black" without being exploitative or preachy as hard as that is.
im hoping for Heavy Brawling action scenes of Luke taking on multiple dudes at once. maybe a cameo or two from other characters from Netflix series and maybe ones yet to be introduced coughdannycough, and intro ducing more "active characters" like Misty and such.
>>
>>77724944
A tiara, several uses of Sweet Christmas, and a raging bromance with Iron Fist.
>>
Finished it a little bit ago. It was really weak. Tennant was the only interesting thing, besides some good performances from Moss and a couple others. But even his jobbing was shitty.

Awful writing throughout.

Why did Jeri's lover showing up at exes house at exactly the right time? She rattled off some excuse but narratively it was a huge stretch just to get her there.

Everyone in the cast being at kilgrave's cell, similarly. Just clunky and poorly directed.

And yeah, nothing productive or admisable could have come of that. I know Jeri said so, and Jessica growled who cares or something but it's true. It was stupid.

The sister following Malcolm to the meeting and somehow knowing everyone's name and rallying them against Jessica. She doesn't freak out about Malcolm's admission of her brothers murder or even think to go to police. Somehow knows about kilgrave and just buys that this mystery villain was behind it, but also fuck Jessica Jones.

And she's the one to knock Jessica out with a 2x4 because uh, the narrative called for it.
>>
>>77725752
Kilgrave's mom showing up at the meetings was fucking stupid and convenient. His parents being around at all. And his working with his Dad toward the end was deflating narrative momentum.

The recollection of kilgrave being happy w Jessica for 18 seconds. Forgetting she tried to kill herself?

No broken necks from anyone when the entire group hangs themselves. I guess the writers think they're supposed to suffocate?

Cops don't notice rope burns on every witness afterwards.

Patsy, who we're always reminded is rich, drives a Hyundai.

Jessica runs into traffic and gets hit "He didn't even stop! Humanity sucks and don't deserve saving." Just indicative of the dour, sarcastic tone throughout. I get that's her characterization, PTSD and all, but it's really off-putting after a while.

Simpson all amped up can't get through a bathroom door. When people do go through walls, often, it's way too clear they're thin prop walls.

Jessica clearly could have just let Simpson kill Kilgrave from the beginning saving many lives. I know, muh projection on Hope, but it's true. Hope died, Kilgrave too. Simpson could have saved lives by ending it earlier.

Simpson literally tells her about the blue pills. When Patsy's down, Jess doesn't try to locate them. Yeah he threw em out the window or something but maybe Jessica can use her superpowers to jump down there real fast and get em.
>>
>>77725774
Luke- "Do i need to know what happened here?" Getting back to JJ's apartment after Simpson stuff Jessica-"NO!"
But... he does. Especially after the " I'm so sorry for not being trustworthy."

Patsy has important news! People are dying left and right! But Luke's cute, go do your thing girl lmao, nm.

Luke struggling to punch through or maim a car door as if he was a normal human.

Why risk Patsy with that meaningless ruse at the end? For what purpose? Fooled ya, it's not Jessica. "Shoot her." But no, because? There was no need for Patsy to sacrifice herself like that for momentary hide and seek.

"They say everybody's born a hero..." No, they don't. That's not a thing, but writers just thought it sounded nice.

Abysmal writing, and it had lots of potential. It was interesting for a couple episodes about a third of the way in.
>>
>>77717285
He was already in a prison that held him.
>>
>>77714873
Flowey pls leave
>>
>>77725235
>Thor open the door and become a walking WMD

Kilgrave can't control Thor. He's immune to Earth viruses.
>>
>>77724729
But everyone else controlled to kill themselves or others, they don't snap out of it? Really?
>>
>>77725752
>>77725774
>>77725810

This has to be the most inane set of nitpicks I've ever seen on 4chan. Like half of these are random background quibbles, this level of criticism could be applied to any work of art and be used to discredit it.

>inb4 LE JUST TURN UR BRAIN OFF RITE YOU FUCKING PLEB
>>
>>77726475

What's inane about them? I'm pointing out a conglomeration of flaws. If you liked it, good. But there was a lot that went wrong.

>This level of criticism

You mean, criticism?
>>
>>77726527

>responding to a tripfag
>>
>>77718250
>All she'd have to do is keep him unconcious or sedated for 12 hours. Then kill him.

obviously if he told people to kill themselves if he doesnt come back to stop them in the next few hours they will do so whether he is dead or unconscious or happens to forget

his powers aren't a continuous link you can break
>>
>>77725774
>No broken necks from anyone when the entire group hangs themselves. I guess the writers think they're supposed to suffocate?

people do that all the time IRL by not giving themselves enough length to drop
>>
>>77726607

Yeah but he claimed he had people ordered to suicide only if he died, so Jess can't kill him.

In that case she just has to keep him captive for 12 hours and then she can kill him without reprisal because the commands would have worn off and they wouldn't have done it because he hadn't died when it was active.

Also he was bluffing or unaware of how his powers worked because when she finally does kill him everyone around them he had enthralled instantly snapped out of it, so his commands stop if he dies.
>>
>>77726663
"Kill yourself if I don't come back in 6 hours"
>>
>>77726628

Fair point, but then why would Kilgrave not give them enough rope to break their necks? Convenient answer is so he could make his escape bc he just knew JJ would have to rescue them, but I don't think that's it. Think it was an oversight or at least clunky.
>>
>>77726628
>people do that all the time IRL by not giving themselves enough length to drop
I think their gripe is that there are basically no such things as lasting consequences of things. We only see Jessica have wounds treated twice, and NOBODY seems to get hurt from Jessica throwing them against walls or punching them in the face. The only person to get a concussion in this series is Luke fucking Cage. The only "consequence" for these scuffles is death, and that's fucking scarce.

>>77726607
>his powers aren't a continuous link you can break
Yes, they are. Soon as he gets tranq'ed Malcolm snaps out of it. That was the entire fucking point of his weakness, not just that he can't give orders when KOed but that orders stop applying when KOed. Tranqing him would disable all commands he had active.
>>
>>77726679

That's not what he tells her though. He says he had people he commanded to suicide only if he died.
>>
>>77726742
>I think their gripe is that there are basically no such things as lasting consequences of things. We only see Jessica have wounds treated twice, and NOBODY seems to get hurt from Jessica throwing them against walls or punching them in the face. The only person to get a concussion in this series is Luke fucking Cage. The only "consequence" for these scuffles is death, and that's fucking scarce.

pretty much this
>>
Unbelievably weak ending.
>>
>>77722909

The russian boss in daredevil was also a Power Ranger.
>>
File: hellcat.png (895 KB, 813x958) Image search: [Google]
hellcat.png
895 KB, 813x958
Quality Character and Performance Rankings

1. Kilgrave
2. Patsy Walker
3. Jeri
4. Luke
5. Simpson
6. Calamity Jane
7. Jessica
>>
>>77724803
>Jessica Jones was far more focused

Why do I even keep coming here?
>>
>>77726742
>Soon as he gets tranq'ed Malcolm snaps out of it

What? No, Malcolm fucks off because he realized Jessica knew he was stalking and working for Kilgrave, he was being ashamed chickenshit junkie. The only thing Kilgrave did with his powers was turn Malcolm into a drug user and then just make him take picture every day in exchange for drug money.
>>
>>77727137
Oh, you're right, and I just remembered that annoying neighbor lady brought the bomb and dialed the number even after Kilgrave was KOed.

So the series is inconsistent, since earlier they establish the reasoning that "certain brain functions are knocked out by Sufentanil" and equated that to turning off Kilgrave's commands.
>>
>>77726663
Malcom wasn't mind controlled. Holy shit why is it none of you assholes actually pay attention to the damn show.
>>
Honestly I wanted Killgrave to succeed. Everyone else was so stupid and made situations worse. They deserved to get screwed over by him. Especially the hole mind control anonymous group.
>>
>>77727218
*whole
>>
>>77727218
Kilgrave was somehow the dumbest and most annoying character.
>>
>>77727218
>Honestly I wanted Killgrave to succeed.

True dat, Kilgrave just wanted to play house with his waifu.
>>
Why couldn't Jessica just one-shot those guys with tasers who took Killgrave from her?

Why was that fight even a struggle for her?
>>
>>77727291
Bitches, right?
>>
>>77727291

Her breaking locks kung fu was not effective against taser sticks, obviously.
>>
>>77727511

That's just it, though. She already hit several of them before they got any strikes in.

They shouldn't even be conscious.
>>
>>77727218

You sicken me.
>>
I just want to know why it took Jessica 13 episodes to use headphones against Killgrave
>>
>>77727637
You also have to look down so you can't read his lips.
>>
When Jessica learned that Kilgrave is a virus why didn't she go steal some hazmat suits to block the virus?
>>
>>77718465

Have vision deal with it
>>
>>77709693
TAG YOUR SPOILERS AAAAAAA
>>
>>77709693
he can always write shit on a notebook you idiot.

his power doesnt reside in his voice.
>>
>>77724974
There was a mask on, but there was no airway adjunct and she wasn't being ventilated.
>>
>>77730102
Nobody cares.
>>
>>77718337
>Why didn't they just call the Avengers?
>>
Why didn't they get the Avengers to testify that mind control exists?
>>
Was anyone else rooting for purple man and thought that his parents and jessica fucked everything up?
>>
>>77731322

Yep. Not even trying to be edgy but he was clearly more endearing.
>>
>>77731322
He was a psychopathic manchild and already past the point of no return. Even if he really felt remorse for enslaving his parents he no longer gives any shits about the lives of anyone who isn't him.
>>
>>77731322

Considering he just wanted to rape and kill his way through life for shits and giggles no.

Not unless you are a sociopath with no empathy for even fictional characters.
>>
>>77718666
I thought about this, because DD's sense are so sharp he can sniff out Purple Man's virus hanging in the air so his body would take appropriate measures against it. I thought it ould make for a good scene.
>>
>>77714795
Lip reading also triggers his powers.
>>
>>77716408

That is exactly what happens though. In the finale Killgrave controls so many people and isn't able to cover it up (being killed before he could) that all of them, including Jessica, walk for the actions they did because it's either mindcontrol or admit that an entire hospital a whole police force, and a whole docks crew all went nuts for no reason.

Jeri even gets them to admit Hope's innocence posthumously (sadly if she hadn't killed herself before then she could have gotten off too). The only lie was that Jessica killed Kilgrave because he couldn't deal with his actions, when obviously they just did it because she did legit murder him.

Jessica's plan might have even worked if Jeri didn't sabotage it, but either way they proved Kilgrave in the end and everyone got off for what he made them do.
>>
Simpson struck me as an absurdly contrived character - sure was convenient Kilgrave picked a special ops soldier at random...
>>
Is everything after this show just going to be new canon?
She doesn't really have much in the way of backstory besides Killgrave and being somewhat tied into the Secret War.
>>
I'm sorry I guess this would ruin the story but instead of putting him in the van why not just curb stomp him?
>>
>>77710943
No I saw the show I just don't see why the dude needs such heavy plot armor. She punched him once, fucks sake she could have burned his eyes and then he couldn't look at the photos at least.
>>
File: 1439341771215.jpg (8 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
1439341771215.jpg
8 KB, 226x223
I avoided /co/ for the past week because spoilers

Did people here freak out about JJ enjoying that big unbreakable dick as much as I imagine they would?
>>
>>77736579
Not really, most of the /po/tards contain themselves over at /tv/
>>
>>77736579
Not really, /tv/ did though. Probably still is.
>>
>>77736282
You have trouble following stories, most of /co/ does apparently.
>>
>>77715701
underated post
>>
File: 1439343628469.png (114 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
1439343628469.png
114 KB, 800x585
>those Daredevil teases

I hope he shows up in Luke Cage show
>>
>>77721426
Hogarth is lesbian, which is hot, instead of in a creepy relationship with her dweeb brother, which is not hot.

Hogarth was a bastard but in an interesting way. She was like 2 steps removed from Kilgrave in terms of ideology at times. So the idea at the end that JJ will try to make her be better is really interesting.

Creepy twin girl was just annoying and fucked everything up in a not-fun way. I will admit I was a bit sad when she was freaking out over her dead brother, they did that well, but most of her screentime was annoying.
>>
>>77715967
I really hope they are setting up Born Again.

Do you think they are going to make Netflix's full feature movie adaptation of Born Again?
>>
>>77736731
I think they're going to have to, it only makes sense.
You can't build them up for The Defenders, and give none of them zero interaction whatsoever beforehand.
>>
File: Diamond Dong.png (701 KB, 796x672) Image search: [Google]
Diamond Dong.png
701 KB, 796x672
AKA MURDERER
>Daredevil takes down the kingpin of crime, a man whose crimes are probably triple the number of Kilgrave's
>Manages not to kill him
>Le Hardass Jessica Jones can't even manage one Britbong with parent issues

Can we leave the killing to Punisher and Scourge of the Underworld?
>>
>>77736832
Thankfully they have based Claire to connect them all

I adore her character so far

>more damn superheros? well shit guess I'll fix them up, why the fuck not
>>
>>77736854
Gonna have to tone down the obviousness of your bait if you want it to work, man.
>>
>>77736881
>>77736854
He's still kinda right though
>>
>>77721426
Can you imagine how loud the complaints would have been if Robyn and Reuben's genders had been the other way round?
>>
>>77736947
>>77736854
Samefag.
>>
>>77737006
>>77736881
samefag
>>
>>77736854
That's what I thought too.
>>
File: jj1.png (897 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
jj1.png
897 KB, 1366x768
>>77737035
Great work, you should become a P.I.
>>
>>77737051
>>77736854
Samefag.
>>
>>77716991
The evidence was coerced through torture and attempted murder. It'd prove he had powers but not that he was willfully controlling people to commit crimes. It wouldn't be admissible in court.
>>
>>77736854
yeah, but who's more a threat? a mob boss who thinks on a bigger scale or a mind controlling psycho who hasn't realized how great his power is?
all kilgrave did was obsess over a girl, meanwhile he could have had the world.
>>
>>77737071
I just got here.
>>
>>77737099
K.
>>
>>77737093
If that world didn't have the Avengers in it and a number of other super powered people.
>>
Jessica Jones does some private dicking if you gargle my mayonnaise.
>>
>>77737150
i mean no one even knew who he was until the only immune person in the world escaped his grasp. think about it, if he never saw her he would have continued to control people and no one would know.
>>
>>77736854
One crimelord manbaby =/= a man who can literally tell you to stick a gun in your mouth and blow your head off and you'll do it. Fisk had set up a lot of resources that made him hard to put away, but that's all thy were: resources that could be stripped from him. Kilgrave was just who he was, making it very difficult to take him down without killing him.
>>
>>77709693
Just finished this

David Tennant was just brilliant
>>
>>77737237
He would have eventually caught the eye of SHEILD or another organization.
>>
>>77736857
>The event that forces the formung of the Defenders is Claire going "I think I know a guy."
>>
>>77737353
He hadn't so far, he could have gone on forever without them noticing
>>
>>77721505
THEY BUILT A MUZZLE FOR LORELEI IN AGENTS OF SHIELD!!!

THEY HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH MIND CONTROLLERS!!!!!111
>>
>>77737438
They didn't build it, it was Sif's right? They just fixed it or some shit
>>
>>77727168
>So the series is inconsistent
They only got that idea because Kilgrave was afraid of it and didn't know if it would shut his shit down.

Turns out he was wrong and had nothing to fear.
>>
File: 1445410820610.png (185 KB, 637x357) Image search: [Google]
1445410820610.png
185 KB, 637x357
>>77737438
What would happen if Lorelei and Kilgrave met?
>>
>>77737431
If Jessica Jones didn't get a show on Netflix, I imagine Kilgrave would have been a villain of the week on AOS.
>>
>>77737438
Let's not forget in Agent Carter they had a muzzle on Faust.
>>
>>77727291
She's strong enough to kill with one punch.

But unlike Trish she's not a trained fighter and much like Spider Man she pulls her punches to not hurt people.

She's basically a super strong person who doesn't know the right amount of force to make someone sleep without killing them. That's why she throws them into things or gently bops their heads on things.
>>
>>77717864
>They don't really have a prison to hold superpowered criminals in the MCU because they usually end up killing them.
SHIELD had one but that got BTFO
>>
>>77726464
they either weren't super human, or hadnt been around him enough to develop antibodies. possibly you need both which is why only jessica became immune.
>>
All I'm getting from reading this thread is that somehow this very straightforward show is too complicated for /co/ to follow.
>>
>>77737732
What are you even talking about
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.