[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this movie worth the re-watch? I remember watching it when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Cats_dont_dance_poster.jpg (50 KB, 328x488) Image search: [Google]
Cats_dont_dance_poster.jpg
50 KB, 328x488
Is this movie worth the re-watch?

I remember watching it when I was in kindergarten, and then coming home and swinging my cat around screaming "nothings gonna stop us", but that's all I can remember about it.
>>
Yeah
>>
Yes. It's great.
>>
>>77701563
if that's all you can remember then you should be lucky
nothing's better than experiencing an amazing movie like this for the "first" time
>>
Yes.
That was one of my favorite movies growing up. I don't know how many times I watched that fucking movie.
>>
Yeah its really good
>>
>>77701584
>>77701595
>>77701614
>>77701623
>>77701642
Guess I'm watching it then.
It has a 69% on rotten tomatoes, but I'll take that with a grain of salt.
>>
It hits a lot of the points that /co/ likes (very cartoony, also furries), which means /co/ will tell you its a great movie, but its really just an okay movie. It has moments of brilliance, and some great character animation, but on the whole isn't really revolutionary.

Definitely worth a re-watch, though.
>>
>>77702085
Plus Sawyer is really hot
>>
File: SawyerMS08.gif (33 KB, 809x500) Image search: [Google]
SawyerMS08.gif
33 KB, 809x500
>>77701563
I mean no exaggeration when I say
It gets better every time I watch it
(but don't watch it over and over again, watch it with a good span of time in between)
>>
>>77702085
This is more accurate. It's certainly not a bad movie, but it can be rather bland and predictable. Looks nice though
>>
I wanted to do the sex things with both Sawyer and Darla as a kid
>>
>>77702085
And musical, don't forget that /co/ loves musicals.
>>
One of my favorite movies.
>>
What is this Lackadaisy ripoff bullshit?
>>
It is indeed a great movie.
The music is far above average. Listen to the track "Animal Jam", a fuckin' enjoyable instrumental song.
The animation is great (just look at Big and Loud Reprise and at the Sawyer animation), one of the few non Disney in the medium.
The theme is well handled: What happens when you think you can't do it? Also, there is a great and sad truth about all the situation in Big and Loud song: Every actor just want to make her mother proud, that's to say, all of them want the love they never had as a children. That's the explanation about why Darla is like the Devil.
My only complains about the movie are the flashback of Sawyner while she's singing "Tell Me Lies" (too wierd to watch) and the rushed finale.
>>
>>77705443
>Lackadaisy ripoff
Lackadaisy came out in 2006, this came came out in 1997
>>
>>77707129
you couldn't resist his bait
>>
>>77705675
Agreed with all of this. It's solid AF and aged surprisingly well.
>>
File: Sawyer.jpg (9 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Sawyer.jpg
9 KB, 400x300
>>77705675
But I loved Tell Me Lies! But the finale was a bit strange to watch.

Love this movie to death still.
>>
>>77701563

Yeah. It's a good movie. Also I see that many people agree here.
>>
>>77709460
Tell Me Lies is great, the only scene of that part that I hate is the flashback. The movie isn't that long to put a flashback with all those moments, it looks like a parody and that's not the intention.
>>
>>77701563
It is a good movie. It is nice to have a decent 2D movie. Much better than the black frog while actually dealing with issues like prejudice.
>>
>>77710033
>The black frog
Still need to watch. Does it handle prejudice in a decent way, or just skate around the issue with sparkles and the disney princess?
>>
>>77701563
Do you like musicals or movies about theatrical and performance history, or a combination of both? Then yes, you'd like it.
The animation are the peak of Warner Bros and has fluidity to them as well as cartoony looking characters with exaggerated proportions.

I'm not a fan of it and found it to be mediocre but people seem to like it here so you might want to give it a chance.
>>
>>77710070
Doesn't handle. There was never such a thing as prejudice. What are you talking abou?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.