[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting to read the Flash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 3649344-2026520-flash.jpg (608 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
3649344-2026520-flash.jpg
608 KB, 1000x1000
Help me out /co/

I've liked the flash character for years, but haven't read any standalone books. The TV show has made me want to get into some of the great arcs

My comic store has a big black friday sale. Which collected volumes or stories should I get for some quintessential speed force goodness?
>>
Anyone? Does /co/ read comics?
>>
Manapul's first four new 52 volumes are quality, and the artwork is pretty amazing
>>
>>77698291
Waid's run is arguably the best run on a solo superhero from the 90s.
>>
>>77698627

Be sure to check out Morrison + Millar's run with Wally as well.

Johns' is also worth a read, but stop with Flash Rebirth because he kind of goes full retard with how Barry gets reintroduced back to the DCU.
>>
>>77698291
Flash volume 2. All of it. Although it really gets good from #62.

So basically what >>77698627 and >>77698696 said.
>>
>>77698291
Start in new 52. First one is Vol 1: Move forward.

It runs out of steam by the end of Vol 4 so you are best to branch out into the classics after that.

I would advise:

-Vol 1-4 of new 52
- "Flash of two worlds"
- Waid/Morrison wally west run.
- Rebirth and Flashpoint
>>
>>77698545
>>77698627
>>77698696
>>77698714
>>77698730
Thanks anons, this seems really solid. So now I guess the question is, which do I buy, which do I try and find online? New 52 should be easy to find, albeit a bit costly. But I could never afford a 200+ run of issues. Any site recommendations?
>>
>>77698911

instocktrades if you're in the united states.

I believe comixology has a lot of this stuff too.
>>
>>77698911
I started on comixology. Got me basically everything post new 52 and a few one shots. The guided view style can be fun and the quality is high.

Silver age comics are really good value as there is plenty of content and they are 1.99 a pop. Problem is some key issues are missing.

Honestly my girlfriend downloaded me every flash comic ever written in one bundle and I just read it using ComicReader.
>>
I think the consensus is that Waid, Morrison+Millar, and Johns are the way to go.
>>
>>77698911
Don't listen to them. The New 52 is not that good, just has incredible art. The Waid and especially Johns runs are the way to go.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (58 KB, 400x610) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
58 KB, 400x610
Until 225
>>
>>77698911
Geoff Johns run is getting a reprinting
>>
>>77699022
New 52 isn't the best story. But it's a great step off point for new readers, that was the point of the reboot anyway.

The first 4 volumes are basically just primers.

Vol 1: Flash
Vol 2: Rogues
Vol 3: Grodd
Vol 4: Speed Force

Once you have a handle on the world you can go and enjoy the better written stuff.
>>
>>77699022

Manabooch's biggest problem is just that they don't really understand how to pace an ongoing series. The characterization is solid, they do some cool things with the Speed Force, it's overall a series that's very much worth reading, even if it's not the BEST Flash run ever.
>>
>>77698965
kek do you know where your girlfriend got that?

>>77698965
I don't doubt the economic value of silver age, but storage might be an issue to just have random issues. If I wanted to commit to silver age I'd get one of those collected editions used

>>77698976
Looks like it. Any older pre-crisis runs that are quintessential?
>>
>>77699170
>kek do you know where your girlfriend got that?
Sorry I'm not sure. But I think it is just one of your standard torrent sources.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.