[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://smallbutera.tumblr.com/post/ 133897963207/a-lot-of-pe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11
File: tumblr_nyck88ozGS1qctti3o1_540.gif (79 KB, 540x394) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyck88ozGS1qctti3o1_540.gif
79 KB, 540x394
http://smallbutera.tumblr.com/post/133897963207/a-lot-of-people-have-wondered-why-there-has-been-a

>A lot of people have wondered why there has been a significant delay in Baman Piderman recently, and I’m extremely proud today to get to tell you exactly the reason why:
>Alex and myself were asked to work on an upcoming episode of Adventure Time in an incredible way. It’s a ridiculously awesome opportunity for two independents such as us to get to work on something as acclaimed and important as Adventure Time and do large amounts of animation for television from in-house (OUR HOUSE). Though I will remain mum on the deetledeets, we know fans of Baman Piderman and our work are REALLY going to enjoy it. Also if you hate us maybe you will like it too? Let’s put aside our differences and hug each other tight, bathed in the warm, healing light of animation, my friend; it’s time.
>ANYHOO It’s shaping up to be some of the best work we’ve ever produced, and we get to work with some other amazing folks as well that I know are gonna get your jimmies jazzed.
>Thank you to Adam Muto for asking us and being a cool guy with a cool beard, we’re so proud to get to work this way! And thanks to Cartoon Network, who continues to support independent animation in such a meaningful way.
>Thank you also to the people who support us and our work. The next Baman Piderman, We Hab Da Problem, still comes out either at the end of November or a day or two into December. Post Jan 1st, episodes should finally return back to a normal pace. Thank you so much for your continued support and patience on our little cartoon, we hope we can always work on content that will make you smile.
>Thank you again, we’d never be able to do it without you guys.
>With lot’s of love,
>Lindsay and Alex
>>
>>77697874
hahahahaha okay i really can't wait to see an adventure time episode animated by these two.
so far /co/ hates all the guest-animator episodes, but i love them all, even if they usually felt like a waste
>>
Baman Piderman is cool and they're a sweet couple but what's the point when their cool stuff is going to be done by koreans?
>>
>>77697874
>Baman Piderman guest animating Adventure Time
pottery
>>
File: 1439275657830.jpg (14 KB, 207x212) Image search: [Google]
1439275657830.jpg
14 KB, 207x212
>>77697874
I can't be mad about this. I don't really like Adventure Time much, but this is a delay that isn't a "We bought a new house and ran out of money and are dropping the project" or "I can't afford extra 50 bucks for shipping so I'm burning half of the rewards and leaving the internet forever, fuck you" tier delay.

I say kudos to Lindsay and Alex, they are two of the coolest internet animation people ever.
>>
Didn't they animate that really good episode of Clarence?
>>
>>77697982
>"I can't afford extra 50 bucks for shipping so I'm burning half of the rewards and leaving the internet forever, fuck you"
You forgot 'I hate capitalism so would a rich person who also hates capitalism sponsor me so that I could drop out of the system"
>>
File: 1439769800020.jpg (113 KB, 600x538) Image search: [Google]
1439769800020.jpg
113 KB, 600x538
>>77698022
Why do people like that exist, non?
>>
>>77697994
only the leaves and twigs in one scene
>>
>>77697994
They did, Tuckered Boys. It was the best ep of the season IMO. That and the dreams one.
>>
>>77698069
They actually did all the special "weird" animation.
>>
>>77697917
i reckon for 11 minutes they can do it themselves
maybe with a bit of help
>>
>>77698056
In John Campbell's case the freakout was pretty limited to one person who does a lot of drugs and a host of mental issues. The entire essay he wrote was textbook crazy, his thoughts were jumbled and he couldn't set up or stay on a coherent point and his mood shifted rapidly throughout. It's basically just a few steps above Time Cube.
>>
>>77697982
anyone who's mad at the Buteras for taking on extra work is probably an idiot anyway

there's not many people that do the shit they do, and it's good to see talented animators getting work

>>77697917
how can you be so sure of that, Mr.Tripfag?
>>
>>77697908
>so far /co/ hates all the guest-animator episodes
Yuasa, dude
>>
>>77698259
well it's okay if youre slightly mad at what can only be called godawful timing. The time for them to get this gig would be after their old network screwed them, or while they were collecting the money for the baman piderman kickstarter. Not during the time when theyre meant to be working on it. but hey, fate
>>
>>77698278
measa?
>>
>>77698278
/co/ didn't exactly despise that one but they sure didnt react fondly to it. And they hated the other two.
>>
>>77698423
but good animation takes time anyway, so it's mostly a win-win for everybody

at least this isn't Cans Without Labels
>>
>>77698485
Yeah and they've released a bunch of stuff already, and I got my KS items a year ago so. I'm pretty pleased. New episode in a week it seems too. Of all the internet wank people, they seem to be pretty low key.
>>
File: 1399003258938.jpg (40 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1399003258938.jpg
40 KB, 600x400
Neat.
>>
>>77698543
>Of all the internet wank people, they seem to be pretty low key.
You mean, they don't delve into drama and shit-flinging? Not sure what you mean

I do remember seeing them stopping by /co/ several times, they seemed pretty level-headed and calm to me
>>
>>77698572
>they actually look like they draw themselves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_UioWnUP-Y
>>
>>77698610
Yeah that's what I meant. They seem nice overall.

They drew a bunch of requests for /co/ once upon a time. It was a ton. I remember being kind of thrown by the sheer speed.
>>
Baman Piderman, apparently I just don't get it because I find those shorts fucking awful
>>
>>77698794
it's the sort of thing i could DEFINITELY see being polarizing, so don't feel like you're missing anything.
You know, kinda like Home Movies
>>
>>77698794
I'M BAMAN, I'M PIDERMAN

WE'RE BEST FRIENDS

Did you crack a smile, anon? Not even a grin? That's okay.
>>
>>77697908
>Implying that David O'riley and Yuasa episodes werent great
>>
>>77697874
Fuck Baman Piderman, it's total shit, and fuck these people for making it.
>>
>>77699008
nah, I don't wanna be mean to them. I think you need to go lie down.
>>
>>77698949
dude i love all of em
but /co/ gave them SUCH shit
>>
>>77698990
>shitposters think theyre protestors
>>
>>77698990
>active censorship
explain
>>
Remember during the Kickstarter when they would come here and draw stuff for us and Alex sang Reading Rainbow in the Baman voice for us?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1dtLpsLPQtk (caution is loud)
>>
Good for them. I may not like the show anymore but it's nice that they're getting work.
>>
So how long until new episodes start again? Forgive my lack of knowledge/retardation.
>>
>>77699339
There's one coming out either the end of Nov or the first few days in december according to their blog post.
>>
File: 1441003222043.jpg (26 KB, 352x370) Image search: [Google]
1441003222043.jpg
26 KB, 352x370
>guy says something about censorship in Butera threads
>I ask him to explain
>his original post vanishes into thin air
Should I be worried about his safety, /co/?
>>
>>77699609
He's just shitposting a picture of bugs and bitching about how much he hates the Buteras.
>>
>>77697917
I'm pretty sure the bits they animated on that episode of clarence were done by them and not korea
>>
>>77697908
the o'reilley and yuasa episode were based
>>
>>77697917
Nah dude they're not storyboarding, they're actually animating the segments
>>
>>77697874
I don't like Adventure Time, but I can never be mad at these two and all I can say is I'm happy for them getting into the industry.
Takes as long as you need to with Baman Piderman, I'll be patient.
Side Note: Pumkin and Squib is best OTP
>>
>>77697874
All I want to see is how they animate and shapeshift Jake. They are KINGS of weird shapeshifter junk as evidenced by every scene containing Baman.
>>
File: 1422657328779.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1422657328779.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
>t’s a ridiculously awesome opportunity for two independents such as us to get to work on something as acclaimed and important as Adventure Time
>as acclaimed and important as Adventure Time
>acclaimed and important
>important
>Adventure Time
>>
This is kind of off topic, but can someone give me a rundown of the important stuff that's happened on AT? The last episode I watched is the one where Finn gets the leaf sword.
>>
>>77704021
Dad is alive, Prismo dies, Finn loses arm, Dad is a dick, Lich turned into baby, Finn regrows arm SIX EPISODES LATER, Finn is depressed, Prismo returns, Finn gets a sword made out of literally him, baby Lich scares the shit out of King of Ooo, Comet is coming does shit in Mars, GLOB IS DEAD, Betty grows insane after getting Magic Man's hat, Magic Man is a normie, Gunther is a cosmic being called Orgalorg, King of Ooo beats PB in election, Bonnibel and the other PB move to a tiny house, all hell breaks loose in Candy Kingdom, Finn and Jake go to space, Orgalorg eats the comet, Finn destroys comet with the grass sword returing to engulf his arm (briefly), Jake almost croaks, Finn is apparently a cosmic being, he passes on an offer to become a god or whatever, Dad totally takes that offer and fucks off forever, Finn and Jake leave space in Banana Man's ship, Finn and Jake become henchmen for KOO, PB has an autistic brother creating the energy or something for the Candy Kingdom, Finn and Jake get fired, Marceline doesnt want to be a vampire anymore, a ton of fucking lore happens, PB makes marceline mortal again, Marcy hunts 5 vampires, loses last battle and becomes a vampire again, accepts her fate
>>
>>77703051
Look at how CN was doing in 2009
Then look how it was doing when AT came out
>>
>>77697874
>hate new Adventure Time
>love Baman Piderman, hate it being delayed
kind of excited anyway. all AT needs to be good again is somebody who understands it. I feel like they might.
>>
>>77697908
A Glitch is a Glitch was incredible, I don't get why people didn't like it. OReilly restored the characters back to season 1 and did the best animation the show's ever had (in 3D no less).
>>
>>77703051
Adventure Time turned Cartoon Network around, whether or not you like the show has fuck all to do with anything. If the people running the channel hadn't seen that animation was still sustainable they probably would have kept pummeling it into the ground with live action and transplants from Canada. They got lucky with this show because all they do is throw stuff at a wall until it sticks.

Getting a bunch of trendy unique internet-savvy CalArts graduates to make cartoons couldn't have been more appropriate at the time, and it will probably work again and again as time passes and trends replace other trends and kids find another cartoon that fits their narrative, era, whatever
>>
at this point its about as hollow of an honor as appearing on zombie simpsons.
>>
File: if this nigga doesnt shut up.jpg (12 KB, 636x357) Image search: [Google]
if this nigga doesnt shut up.jpg
12 KB, 636x357
>>77697908
>not liking a glitch a glitch
>not liking food chain
pretty sure its liked here
>>
File: 136527462538.jpg (149 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
136527462538.jpg
149 KB, 800x800
>>77697908
Pretty sure the only really hated one is the water park one.
>>
File: 1432496475273.jpg (79 KB, 446x599) Image search: [Google]
1432496475273.jpg
79 KB, 446x599
>>77705562
choosing not to make an impression on millions of people and sell them on your talent would be stupid

are you saying you would turn down these opportunities because the honor would be "hollow"? what a dense fucking faggot
>>
>>77705704
but i said nothing of that sort. why so touchy?
>>
>>77703051
>won 3 emmys
>won an annie
>won a BAFTA
>won a peabody
yeah, pretty highly acclaimed
>>
>>77697874
I can deal with a wait. I'll always have a place in my heart for Alex and Lindsay.
>>
File: 1436026050514.gif (341 KB, 500x443) Image search: [Google]
1436026050514.gif
341 KB, 500x443
Good stuff
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.