[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tom Holland is working on his Queens accent for the Spidey role
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 1185x1188) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 1185x1188
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/tom-holland-enlisted-chris-hemsworth-land-spider-man-article-1.2444063
Also, Chris Hemsworth suggested Marvel to cast Tom as Spidey.
>"I called the guys at Marvel when they were casting (Spider-Man) and I heard he was in the final handful of guys and said, 'Look for what it's worth you're not going to meet a harder working more appreciative kind of guy,'" recalls Hemsworth, who will soon reprise his role as Marvel's resident thunder god in "Thor: Ragnarok."

>Holland, though, seems more worried about nailing Parker's Queens accent than he is about the action scenes.

"I'm going to be spending some time here to get the accent down," says Holland. "And I'll be eating a lot of pizza."
>>
I cannot wait
>>
>"And I'll be eating a lot of pizza."
If he really wants to get into character he'll steal it.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1920x800
>>77689492
>>
>>77689660
>pizza
>not hotdogs
>>
File: u wot.png (80 KB, 274x320) Image search: [Google]
u wot.png
80 KB, 274x320
>>
I wish they got Asa Butterfield instead. He's so much more cuter.
>>
>>77689742
He has perpetual 12 year old face though
>>
File: image.jpg (249 KB, 1260x1800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249 KB, 1260x1800
>>77689742
Holy fuck, no. Dude is 20 and still has a baby face. At least Tom looks like his age.
>>
>>77689492
>Queens accent
It's weird to hear that term, being from Queens myself.
>>
>nepotist Jew using relationship to land a role
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>77689797
Holland is a britbong and Chris is an aussie tho.
>>
>>77689773
He's 6 foot and he looks like this now
>>
I'm fully convinced this guy is going to pull it off, he's got the look and the accent shouldn't be a huge problem, he's from roughly the same place as Andrew Garfield and his accent was great.

Has everyone here seen the videos of Tom on his instagram doing flips and shit? He's going to be great
>>
>>77689845
Looks even younger here
>>
>>77689845
So he still looks like a kid?

Also, his height was the main reason he didn't get the role, RDJ felt insecure about a teenager being taller than him.
>>
>>77689773
MCU Peter Parker is 15 years old. I don't know many 15-year-old boys who look like manly, fully-grown adults.
>>
>>77689773
>>77689845
He looks 20 by Asian standards.
>>
>>77689962
Source?
>>
>>77690024
Too bad nobody gives a shit about the asian standards, he's not even a fucking Asian.
>>
What the hell does a Queens accent even sound like? What character has it so I can check it out?
>>
>>77689845
Is that Jeremy Renner?
>>
>>77690204

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5p2wxnN6SQ
>>
there are no white people left in queens, this is fucking stupid.
>>
>>77689492
This easily might've not been intentional.

But he's Spider-man.
>>
>>77690313
Hopefully, it's not that thick. Maybe some shades of it here and there, but not like a downtown construction worker.
>>
>>77690313
Tobey and Andrew didn't have this accent, but I'm actually interested to see if they actually go full Queens.
>>
>>77690313
Tom is very talented, I'm sure he will pull it off. I mean, it's just the O sound that requires changes.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.