[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oglaf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: throne_of_heaven_Ni4CAm4.jpg (520 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
throne_of_heaven_Ni4CAm4.jpg
520 KB, 760x596
>>
No wonder he wrote all those angry things in his teen years
>>
>>77683323
The Chinese clearly just hate teenagers.
>>
Based lore
>>
Its clearly true because why would a god show himself to be beaten in his lies?
>>
File: sithrak.jpg (215 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
sithrak.jpg
215 KB, 760x596
>>77683403

Because he's angry and insane. He hates you unconditionally and doesn't care what you think you know!
>>
>>77683714
>no matter how bad your life is, it gets worse after!
>stay alive as long as you can!
Only now I get this is reverse Christianity
>>
>>77684099
Christianity cherishing your earthly life as it is God's greatest gift to you.
Reverse Islam would be more topical. :^)
>>
>>77684379
*emphasizes cherishing
>>
File: 0.jpg (156 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
156 KB, 760x596
>>77683403
>>77683714
he had an hard youth.
>>
>>77684379
>Christianity cherishing your earthly life as it is God's greatest gift to you.
Depend of the faction, or even the people. Many Christians will tell you that living a faithful live in respect with the commands of the lord to receive the gift of paradise and the salvation of your immortal soul outweight any material pleasure.
>>
>>77684099
The Greeks pretty much thought the same way.
>>
>>77684432
They just thought unless you're a psycho or a hero to get special treatment, afterlife was really boring. But forever.
>>
>>77684426
It does, but the Gift of Life is still the greatest gift God gives to His children. It's why suicide is looked down upon so harshly; it's seen as directly rejecting that gift.
>>
>>77684379

bro do you even nietzsche
>>
>>77684455
>gift

If you have to give it back eventually, it's a loan.
>>
>>77684463
No, it's just a perishable gift.
>>
>>77684444
I imagine anything that lasts forever is bound to get really boring sooner or later.
>>
>>77684444
>>77684571
Yeah but what if boredom is a "mortal" feeling, like pain or hunger?
>>
>>77682904
>Chick Tract parody
Not bad at all.
>>
>>77682904
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>77684455
That hasn't stopped the inquisition or Withc hunting from happening because "salvation of the soul is more important".
>>
>>77684587
I can't think of a faith that suggests the soul stops feeling things after deatj
>>
>>77684393
Sithrak seems like a pretty cool guy. I kind of wish we could see more of him instead of just the cultists. Maybe a nice little arc of him hanging out and doing his business with the other gods.
>>
>>77684649
the best part is that Oglaf is selling printed, actual Sithrak Chick Tracts now.
truly his hate permeates throughout all mediums!
>>
File: Darkseid is.png (2 MB, 940x1704) Image search: [Google]
Darkseid is.png
2 MB, 940x1704
>>77684649
>>77685648
>chick tracts
And through this mention I learned what those things are called in the US and why.
>>
>>77684379
>Greatest gift
>Literally everything we do here is just to gain access to the better place afterwards
>>
>>77685896
This, Christianity sells earthly life as a trial-filled sin shithole where you have to prove yourself resilient enough to earn passage to Magic Happy Forever Land. God spends entire chapters randomly fucking with people like Abraham and Job just to see "if they are really with it".
>>
>>77685918
The meaning of the book of Job is actually not to seek temporal retribution or balancing. It's pretty much saying that Karma is a load of shit that needs to be disregarded. Please take Catechism or at least listen to meme theologians since Job is always a topic.
>>
>>77686670

Well let's be fair hear, saying "The meaning of Job isn't that God was testing him to see if he deserved entrance into heaven, it was to demonstrate the futility of expecting balance in this life" doesn't really argue against the idea that for christianity, this life is a shithole that we endure for heaven

"Don't worry Job, your suffering will make a great (easily misinterpreted) parable for future generations, and you'll get to heaven after anyway" sure still sounds like "Life sucks but look forward to heaven" still
>>
>>77684444
Heroes all went to Hades along with the plebs, remember the Odyssey?
>>
>>77686807
There's different parts of hades, like tartarus and the elysian fields
>>
>>77686807
most of Hades is just kind of boring
only Tartarus is a hell-hole and only the elysian fields are any good, everything else is just kind of grey boringness
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.