[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MEDIOCRE PIXAR MOVIE INCOMING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: the good dinosaur rt.png (109 KB, 742x194) Image search: [Google]
the good dinosaur rt.png
109 KB, 742x194
MEDIOCRE PIXAR MOVIE INCOMING
>>
woah, its not like they've had a ridiculous slew of mediocre movies lately or anything

what is this, 2007?
>>
Hey, they already made Inside Out.

Anything else they release this year is just gravy.
>>
>>77677406
this tb
>>
I just saw a screening, it was alright.
What was there was nice, but there really wasn't much to it. Just a basic sort of road movie, there were really dark moments that pointed towards it being a more ambitious film in the past but most of the setpieces and story beats were cliches straight out of the Disney playbook. The antagonists were totally one note and cookie cutter, think the hyenas from Lion King but with even less characterization and no motivation.
That being said, the scenery is gorgous, the tone and atmosphere is plesant, the characters we're supposed to like are likable, there's plenty of little funny moments, and the heartstring-tugging bits are successful.
I do have to say that in spite of its violence (easily the most graphic and pervasive in any Pixar film, Incredibles included) it does feel like their most child-oriented film during its portions with dialogue, the vocabulary and pacing make it feel much more like "this is for children" than I can previously recall in a Pixar movie.
Overal 6.5/10
>>
>>77677479
>desu
how desu
>>
>>77677900
>violence

what?
>>
>>77678743
theres a drive-by scene
>>
>>77677012
Holy shit I totally forgot this movie was even coming out.
>>
>>77678743

Dinosaurs vs dinosaurs, I hear the raptors vs T-rex battle gets pretty intense
>>
>>77678980
an hour after you see it you'll forget again
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.