[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So three issues in, what does everyone think of CEO globe-trotting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: COVER_ASM v4 08.jpg (319 KB, 900x1393) Image search: [Google]
COVER_ASM v4 08.jpg
319 KB, 900x1393
So three issues in, what does everyone think of CEO globe-trotting Peter Parker and the new direction for Spider-Man? Like? Dislike? Indifferent? Loathe?

On a related note, this is a pretty sweet cover by Alex Ross (for ASM v4 #8) of the classic shirt rip shot. Although the costume apparently now squirts out of Peter's wrist controller in a metallic-looking nanotech semen that covers his body, much like that horrible Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon from the 90's. Guess Dan Slott was a fan.
>>
>>77648724
I like it tbphwy
>>
sage for viral marketing
>>
nothing is really that different, so i think it's a failure as far as changing the status quo goes
>>
I've been enjoying much better than the last volume, but I'm really concerned about the inevitable downfall.
>>
>>77648724
I'm tired of Slott
>>
I'm enjoying it. Still no matter how you feel about the book and Slott you'd have to be some kind of faggot to deny that the Baxter building bit was fantastic.
>>
I haven't been picking it up because I've disliked Slott's stuff since midway through Superior but now I'm remembering that I generally liked his run before that so maybe I should give it a shot.
>>
Fucking love it, can't wait to read more. Fuck the haters! Enjoy whatever the fuck you want!!
>>
I just hate the whole personal life bit

no MJ ;_; she's slutting it up with Tony

everything else is fine kind of reminds me of Spider Man toy brand made comic
>>
>>77650480
I'm okay with Pete being successful, but Slott's time is done. Way done. Please, god, anyone else but him.
>>
I like the part where the Asian bitch called him blade
>>
>>77653791
I just don't understand why he's still on the book.

So many writers want to take a crack at Spider-Man, just like with Batman. Ewing? Parker? James Fucking Robinson?

I mean, disregarding what anyone thinks of Slott's run in terms of quality, what the fuck kind of dirt does he have on someone that lets him get more ASM issues than literally anyone in history? Why him?
>>
It honestly feels like he's just writing the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. Every issue is some sort of team up with an off brand hero, and the worst part is... I'm bored. It doesn't even feel like I'm reading a Spider-Man book.
>>
Spidey's been fucked for quite some time. OMD, then "dying" in Superior Spider-Man, then MJ turning into a giant wet rag and telling him she was done with it, then Spider-Verse / Slott, and now this.
>>
>>77648724

Why does Alex Ross draw Peter's hair like he's a fucking yakuza? It annoys the shit out of me.
>>
I'm liking it so far.

It's good to see Peter not being crapped on all the time.
>>
>>77654168
>I mean, disregarding what anyone thinks of Slott's run in terms of quality, what the fuck kind of dirt does he have on someone that lets him get more ASM issues than literally anyone in history? Why him?
The dirt he has is the ability to outsell writers, admittedly better writers, while selling a book that people seem to hate and still buy.

If one of those other writers had a pitch for a Spider-Man book, they would probably have their own Spider-Man book. Joe Kelly wants a Spider-Man book? Surprise, he gets one! The guy writing Silk wants to write Spider-Man too? Guess what, he gets to!

Also, people love Ewing just like they loved Slott before Spider-Man, and the fastest way to put him on the fast track to where Slott and Bendis are at would be to put him on the main, double shipping Spider-Man book while he's doing 3 other titles.
>>
>>77654168

Ta-Nehisi Coates said that if he could write any character it would be Spider-Man.

Stick the fucking National Book Award Winner on Spider-Man when he's done with Black Panther. Slott can't compete.
>>
>>77656766
I'd rather not have an anti-white racist on Spider-Man, thank you very much.
>>
File: 502024-11.jpg (85 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
502024-11.jpg
85 KB, 600x923
>>77656805
I thought it worked ok last time.
>>
>>77656805

>Coates hates white people.

What? That is not even wrong.

This is why I hate co sometimes. So many of you people read nothing besides comics, and most that group read strictly capeshit. I'm as guilty of anyone with reading too much capeshit, but come on, if you're going to argue about why Coates shouldn't write Spider-Man at least come up with a legitimate argument instead of saying something that isn't even incorrect enough to be incorrect.
>>
>>77656848

Hudlin doesn't hate white people. He's just an idiot.

That reminds me I should read Kindt's Spider-Man Marvel Knights.
>>
>>77656805
>Ta-Nehisi Coates is an anti-white racist
You are fucking retarded.
>>
File: degenerate!!.jpg (73 KB, 632x504) Image search: [Google]
degenerate!!.jpg
73 KB, 632x504
>>77656805

If you hate it, it must be worth supporting
>>
>>77656805
Sounds fun. Now I want it even more.
>>
>>77648724
I like it, kind of enjoyable.
>>
I kind of like it, except for the fact that the entire concept is a straight rip from Grant Morrison's Batman Incorporated.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.