[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jessica Jones Live talkback thread #7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
Hogarth Edition
Last thread link
>>77629722
>>
JEWEL OF MURDER
>>
>>77640584

Carrie-Ann Moss is still a babe.
>>
I wanted Hogarth to find happiness with her new woman.
>>
>>77640584
Half expected her to somehow get her hands on Kilgrave's juice and give herself powers at the end.
>>
>>77640643
I want to be that woman
>>
>>77640620
Totally. At first I thought she was a dime store Robin Wright but I was sold by the end.
>>
Not nearly as much rape as there should have been. They could have gotten away with filming it too, because Kilgrave's victims would have appeared to enjoyed it during the act.
>>
>>77640643

If she was less of a bastard she might have been able to. Pam needs to hire Nelson & Murdock. Shouldn't be terribly difficult for Matt & Foggy to win her case.
>>
>>77640616
DRUNK OF ASSISTED SUICIDE
>>
>>77640726
I really don't want to see David Tenant fucking someone.
>>
>>77640744
What are you, gay?
>>
>>77640735
She kept helping out Jessica even when there was nothing in it for her and even when Jessica failed to help her out at all by failing to get her ex wife to sign the divorce papers which led to her ex asking for 90% of her stuff.
>>
So I've made it through episode 9 now. Loving the show. The secretary is so hot cockteasing her boss that last episode.
>>
So Jessica was lying about a client hiring her to spy on the woman Luke was sleeping with, right?
She was spying on Luke just because?
I thought it would turn out to be Killgrave setting it all up but that clearly wasn't it
>>
>>77640788
Their relationship didn't make any sense. Jessica does absolutely fucking nothing to make herself valuable to her.
>>
>>77640872
Jessica was stalking Luke because of her guilt for killing Reva

She just started lusting over his D too
>>
>>77640744
Me neither.

I only want to see him fucking me.
>>
>>77640843
I wanted to watch that scene again, thanks for telling the episode.
>>
>>77640643
I don't get why her secretary was in handcuffs like that and facing murder charges.
It was obviously self-defense, the police and DA wouldn't even bother
>>
Hogarth a shit. SHIT!
>>
File: 10 Doctor Yep.gif (336 KB, 320x162) Image search: [Google]
10 Doctor Yep.gif
336 KB, 320x162
>>77640904
>>
>>77640584
SEX ARMS
E
X

A
R
M
S
>>
>>77640929
>Marvel cops
>making any goddamn sense
>>
>>77640584
Okay seriously though, why did she go full retard there? I mean, I knew it was gonna happen, but that was astonishingly idiotic. I'm trying to come up with some kind of mental calisthenics that would make entering or sabotaging the cage of the mind-controlling psychopath seem like a good idea, but I'm seriously drawing a blank here.
>>
Just watching ep 3 now: when does Jessica quit slapping hams with Luke?

Ohhh... Yeah, his dead wife. Yeah.
>>
>>77640929
Yea Hogarth would be covered in like 30 scars from knife slashes from a knife covered in Wendy's fingerprints. And would have witnesses from Jessica and Hogarth.
>>
>Goes to /tv/
>Sees Jessica Jones threads
>Everything is about why the Jews are trying to destroy the white race and Hispanic dudes complaining about black over representation
Nobody is actually talking about the show over there. I don't even think I've seen /pol/ shit in any of the /co/ threads
>>
>>77640971
Bitches, right?
>>
>>77641010
>I don't even think I've seen /pol/ shit in any of the /co/ threads

Because we know who fucking Luke Cage is.
>>
>>77640929
because it was the doctor's house and she was in a relationship with the woman who was divorcing her. So there was the possibility that she had barged in to attack her.
>>
>>77640971
Her wife was going to take 90% of everything. There was no dirt to find on her. Her life, personally and professionally, could be ruined.

People will do a lot of things to stop something like that.

Also this >>77641022

Bitches, right?
>>
>>77641010
/tv/ is literally the worst board.

I saw somebody on there complaining about Jessica Jones getting PTSD from being raped because, from their point of view, "you can't get PTSD from rape."

How can somebody so stupid possibly exist?
>>
I'm halway through and this is really starting to anniy me: considering how Jessica's suppose to be almost an alcoholic, you don't really see it having any real concrete negative impact in her life. You see her drinking but not having a proper hangover or getting completely overboard and wasted. She isn't fucking up cases because she's boozing, she's not puking her guts out, even having casual sex with Luke isn't played like poor judgment, and is more like super awkward romance story. Just another one of those things where the show tries to be superficially edgy, but won't actually commit to it.
>>
>>77641037
>People will do a lot of things to stop something like that.
But there was no reason to believe that it was going to work, and every reason to believe that it was going to get her and everyone around her killed. She literally handed a homicidal rapist complete control over her life and trusted him to not fuck it up for no reason.
>>
>>77640971
jessica opened the door earlier, releasing the virus.
kil had written help me on the glass.
She was hepling him.
>>
>>77641071
>/tv/ is literally the worst board.
Nah, that'd be /co/. At least /tv/ is aware of how awful they are.
>>
>>77641071
Some of them are clearly pretending to be stupid. It's just when you do that long and hard enough you inevitably attract a lot of actual stupid people.
>>
>>77641078
Wait a little while longer. She crosses a line with Wendy after getting completely wasted
>>
>>77641078
she has a healing factor. She's said so herself, she heals faster than normal people and got over a broken rib in what, a few hours, a day?
That's also why she's immune to kilgrave's powers. She built an immunity to the virus.
>>
>>77641131
And she did get shot once and was only a little worse for wear
>>
>>77641078
I thought it was a reasonably good portrayal of a functioning alcholic myself. On a day to day basis she's relatiively okay but If you look at her life and relationships as a whole she's not in a great place.
>>
>>77641131
>she has a healing factor.

Then alcohol shouldn't even have an effect on her, making drinking completely pointless.
>>
>>77641071
Also they will say the exact same joke for over 400 posts with over 100 different IPs and continue to think it's funny. Like in a thread about the new Suicide Squad movie the thread was just the same "Im so crazy" joke again and again and again for 400 posts. Definitely worst board I've ever been to.
>>
>>77641078
I got the impression that, because they weren't allowed to show her smoking, they overcompensated by having her drink a whole bunch as a crutch without really thinking of a way to implement it into the narrative.
>>
>>77641221
>Also they will say the exact same joke for over 400 posts with over 100 different IPs and continue to think it's funny.
So exactly like /co/?
>>
>>77641205
It's not that strong of a healing factor.
>>
File: 1366347126714.jpg (27 KB, 758x429) Image search: [Google]
1366347126714.jpg
27 KB, 758x429
>ex wife attacking hogarth
>hograths fuck girl bashes her over the head to protect hogarth
>"shes being charged with murder"
>>
>>77641236
It's nowhere near as bad on here, you're truly fucing stupid if you think it is.
>>
>>77641221
>Also they will say the exact same joke for over 400 posts with over 100 different IPs and continue to think it's funny.
BIG GUY 4 U??? GET DIS HOTHEAD OUTTA HERE!!! IF I PULL OFF HIS MASK WILL HE DIE?!?!?!111 HUEHUEHUEHUE
Literally no different from /co/.
>>
Ok that was fun sideshow stuff the mcu and all glad we all got our c tier role full so now where's the main event xmen
Will they be announcing netflix and televised shows along with cartoons and multiple universes of xmen movies?
I can not wait! I love marvel I bet they're planning tons of good books as well that's why the dry run feel
They're just building up ideas to last another few generations I bet
616 Logan back from the dead when? Xavier too and Scott just a boyscout
I'm ready to be amazed
>>
>>77641264
See
>>77641266
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>77641236
No absolutely nothing like /co/ have you ever even posted here.
>>
>>77641205
It's a low level healing factor. Just because you metabolize faster doesn't mean you instantly metabolize.
>>
File: shakira-world-cup.jpg (74 KB, 620x471) Image search: [Google]
shakira-world-cup.jpg
74 KB, 620x471
>>77641010
>Hispanic representation
If they just meant comic book movies/tv shows, then they might have a point. In the media in general, I'm kind of skeptical of that claim
>>
>>77641195
for a functioning alcoholic you should see her taking hair of the dog in the morning, ie. managing her intake. But so far she isn't ever shown to have even a small hungover. She drinks and is completely fine 99,99% the time. The only instance she looks like she's a bit tipsy is when she almost kills the doctor by accident.

It's really weird how they emphasize the drinking by constantly showing her do if but can't be bothered to show how bad it is for her.
>>
>>77641266
Those are all /tv/ memes. You won't see 400 post threads here continuing to make that joke. You must be from there.
>>
>>77641266
Where do you think Baneposting started? Anytime you see it on /co/ it's just /tv/ shitposters. They spread it throughout the entire site until it became a thing.
>>
>>77641323
>Those are all /tv/ memes.
Makes sense why /co/ stole it and proceeded to beat it into the ground.
>You won't see 400 post threads here continuing to make that joke.
Yes. I do. All the fucking time. But it's totally ok because according to /co/, it's still funny. /co/ is just as bad as all these other boards, maybe even a little worse because they know how bad they are, while /co/ has this awful hugbox mindset and thinks its shit doesn't stink.
>>
>>77640584
Held out visiting here till got to watch part of show

What was /co/ reaction to ass fucking half way through first ep?
>>
>>77641362
No you don't it doesn't happen. Even if you see the joke once in a thread. Their threads are completely about a single joke. Just again and again different pictures of a meme joke and slightly altered versions of the joke with maybe 10 replies total actually talking about the subject. You must be from tv.
>>
File: Sad.webm (3 MB, 646x720) Image search: [Google]
Sad.webm
3 MB, 646x720
>Marvel only offers internships for TV animation, and not their proper Television division.

REEEE
>>
File: purple.png (542 KB, 803x677) Image search: [Google]
purple.png
542 KB, 803x677
I watched part of the final episode again and noticed this.
>>
>>77641226
which is just odd. they love telling you how shit Jessica's life is supposed to be but can't bother to show her having a proper blackout drunk moment? it makes it feel like she's just drinking water when it has no visible effect.
>>
>>77641071
You can get PTSD from buying the wrong ice cream on accident seriously PTSD varies from how weak a person is
Mentally
If you get PTSD from rape ok that's common but there's people out there that get raped and get over it
I've seen friends get shot and die and came home normal but have seen others come home shaken messes
It varies PTSD is fear and a constant memory of it that triggers randomly with anxiety
I wouldn't say batman has PTSD that's just good ole fashion trauma
Now what /tv/ are confusin it with is shellshock which is just PTSD but very severe
>>
>>77641444
We all noticed this.
>>
>>77640584
Pam was pretty bangin yo, no wonder Hogarth divorced that hag for young piece of ass
>>
>>77640584
Mai waifu.
Holy shit she's hot.
>>
>>77641284
This is an amazing post.
>>
>>77641465
>I've seen friends get shot and die and came home normal

It's not normal to come home after you die.
>>
>>77641131
Thats a good idea, but they never explain that in the show. It didn't help Luke
>>
>>77641423
>You must be from tv.
Yes, any counter opinion is always from another board, neeever perfect /co/. Baneposting has always been cancerous and fucking stupid, stop doing it.
>>
>>77641465
Batman definitely had PTSD
When people "threaten" to bring his parent back to life he freaks out
>>
I am still so disappointed that the episode was renamed from AKA the Kumbaya Circle Jerk
>>
>>77641444
>>77641475
I didn't.
Confirmed for returning full purple and with a power up
>>
>>77641464
She's like captain America but she can feel more of the effects of alcohol than she can. It seems that she can get shitfaced but it doesn't last long and that getting blackout drunk would require a whole lot more booze than one measley bottle.
>>
>>77641519
Events like that don't trigger till he's faces with it again not out in the open while eating a hamburger that is what PTSD it's also not something that fuels you to be stronger it makes you very weak during an episode of it and usually you need help to get out of it
>>
Rate the show 1-10.

Overall I'd give the show an 8/10. Solid all the way around but some characters were unbearable like the incest twins, and the lesbian Trinity subplot took ages to have any sort of relevance. It paid off eventually but by the time it did it left me wondering if we really needed to see so much of it.
>>
>>77641738
7/10 really enjoyable no complaints I liked it
marvel is good at hitting that nice range
>>
File: 1438910115968.png (291 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1438910115968.png
291 KB, 853x480
> Woman who can punch hard
> Man who can get punched hard
> bonus : cliche P.I. lines and tumblr pandering

Ground-breaking show, really...
Just watching for the villain.
>>
>>77641738

6/10

The characters were okay, Cage and Killgrave were great. Nuke was good, Patsy was alright. Jessica herself could be grating at times but she was good on the whole.

The plot, however, was pretty scattered at points.
>>
>>77641958
>tumblr pandering

Go back to /tv/.
>>
>>77641738
6/10. Mostly good, but when it hits a low it's very low indeed.
>>
>>77641738

5/10

Watered down adult themes

Boring lead character

Plot barely moves during the first 5 episodes

Not even power ranger tier special effects or action scenes

The villian was really good, so he earns those 5 points
>>
>>77641444
Imagine what his dick must look like.
>>
>>77641998

> to /tv/

You sure you don't want me to go back to /pol/ instead ? Because noticing cheap cliches and overused tropes that are made to pander to a certain audience obviously makes me a misogynist/racist rather than a rational /tv/ poster
>>
I watched 8 episodes so far. I'm not as impressed as I was with Daredevil but I think they're a watchable series, like uhhh 6-7/10.

The main problem with the show for me so far, is the lack of ambition of the Purple Man and lack of focus on his character.
I mean, I get it, he's just obsessed with Jessica but still, they could have been more creative with his character and his efforts to approach Jessica.
Having her sending him selfies and buying the house she grew up in, it just makes him... underwhelming.

I like Jessica Jones though because she's a piece of shit, and the writers acknowledge that. They don't try to give her the moral ground, she's just a bitch and that's what they're showing to their viewers. I'm pleased with that honest approach to her character and I like her for that.

I'm also annoyed that Purple Man is not, well... purple. What the fuck, Marvel? You're supposed to be progressive and shit and yet you turned a non-white guy into white? What the fuck for?
>But he's the bad guy, anon.
Oh! Oh, I see, I see now. He has to be white because he's the bad guy. My bad, right, always on top of your game Marvel. Also nice touch that one with the abortions and rapes and shit, you sure made a statement.
>>
>>77642032
>The villian was really good
Why does /co/ always have awful standards when it comes to villains?
>>
>>77642063
Hot.
>>
I am on 4th episode and why Jess is such a dick to Simpson? He almost went through dangerously close situation Killgrave made Jess to go through. He understands how Jess feels better than anyone and she should be understanding of his position more than anyone. He's legit cop who is ready to bend the law a little to stop Killgrave.

She tells him to fuck off. What the fuck is wrong with the writers?
>>
>>77641738
8/10 for Kilgrave's sass.
>>
File: iS6wHMm.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
iS6wHMm.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>77642109
>I'm also annoyed that Purple Man is not, well... purple. What the fuck, Marvel? You're supposed to be progressive and shit and yet you turned a non-white guy into white? What the fuck for?

I was waiting for you to say you were joking but that never happened.
>>
>>77642109
>ARABritish people
>white
Go fuck another goat and bomb France again, Mohammed. You're not white.
>>
Who's this bitch supposed to be and how does she know JJ?
>>
>>77642234
She's Carol Danvers substitute.

Basically Jess's friend from high class society, like Hogarth is Matt Murdock's substitute.
>>
File: hellcat.jpg (164 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
hellcat.jpg
164 KB, 500x600
>>77642234
She's Hellcat.

In the comics she never really had any kind of relationship with Jessica Jones. In the original Alias comic Jessica's BFF was Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel, but since they are holding off on that character so she can be in her own movie, they chose Patsy Walker instead to fill that role.
>>
>>77642182
Because he thinks he knows better than her.
>>
>>77642143
how can people that read capeshit and watch cartoons have high standards?
>>
>>77642274
He does?
>>
>>77642277
>LE CAPESHIT XDDD
I wish this kind of obnoxious shitposting was a bannable offense.
>>
>>77642308
Yes he thinks he does.
>>
>>77642182
Jess is a dick to everyone. Simpson just gets it bad because everyone else she's a dick to either stops bothering her or she punches them until they stop. He won't give up and she can't beat him until he stops, so it annoys her even more.
>>
File: tamborine girl.gif (404 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
tamborine girl.gif
404 KB, 342x342
>>77641738
7/10

Fight scenes were a real drop from Daredevil. Some of the plots took forever to connect to the main story (we'd just abruptly jump into Hogarth's divorce or Simpson's BOYS/REDS). Kilgrave gets captured and escapes one too many times; the whole support group ganging up on Jessica thing was retarded. Fuck Robin or whatever that twin sister's name was. The third quarter of the show feels like it drags a bit; this probably would've been a tighter 10-11 episode show. The final showdown was kind of a letdown, building up Kilgrave's new powers and not really doing anything with it at all.

On the bright side, the acting was really strong on the whole. Jones, Cage, Trish, Hogarth, all sold me, and David Tennant really knocked it out of the park. He could balance being menacing and completely pathetic at the same time. The police station scene was a fucking 10/10 moment.

I marathoned the whole show in about two days, so some of the hype may eventually wear off. Still, 7/10 on the whole, definitely a fun ride. Can't wait for Luke Cage's show.
>>
>>77642327
Will it be revealed like in later episodes? I haven't noticed.
>>
>>77641205

Have you noticed that she drinks whiskey like its water, and then half an hour later she is focused and capable again?

She drinks like a fish because its the only way for her to get drunk, and she drinks constantly because she can't stay drunk very long.
>>
>>77642255

>Hogarth is Matt Murdock's

I thought she was supposed to be Danny's...
>>
>>77640964
Is that what you call those toned triceps some women have?
>>
>>77642182
She doesn't want other people getting in her way or being pawns in Kilgrave's plan. Simpson was just another tool Kilgrave could use against her

Plus Simpson was more concerned with killing Kilgrave than helping Hope
>>
>>77642354
>Attorney
>Gives Jess jobs
Attorney alone narrows it down.
>>
>>77642255
>like Hogarth is Matt Murdock's substitute.
They put her in there so they can set up Iron Fist. Jeryn Hogarth is Danny's lawyer.
>>
Trish had godtier story here

makes me want Hellcat
>>
>>77642312
ikr, wish /co/ was more like reddit
>>
>>77642388
I meant role in context of Alias adaptation.
>>
>>77642404
Fuck off back to /tv/ already.
>>
>>77640788
Jessica had freakish super powers and was easy to hire, she had used her a ton of times before and she was obviously obsessed with powers ( she even stored the fetus) she kept jessica around because she wanted her powers.
>>
>>77642402
I hope she suits up and ends up on a Cagebolts style team with Nuke.
>>
File: Luke_Cage_(Earth-199999)_001.jpg (30 KB, 320x479) Image search: [Google]
Luke_Cage_(Earth-199999)_001.jpg
30 KB, 320x479
Who excited for the Luke Cage series here?

Colter knocked it out of the fucking park.
>>
So, "The Purple Man" I can somewhat understand. But what was the problem with Zebediah?
>>
>>77640971
She never really believed that his powers were that massive, she thought she could control him.
She also spent all the time trying to control jessica Hogarth was textbook villain waiting to happen.
>>
>>77642506
>Colter knocked it out of the fucking park.
Yeah, I am not sure about his acting, but I'd fuck him.
>>
>>77642512
Absolutely nothing. It made no sense to change it.
>>
>>77642512
No idea why they decided to make Kevin Thompson his real name and Kilgrave his alias. Zebediah Kilgrave, while cheesy and unusual, could very well be somebody's real name. Kilgrave is an actual surname.
>>
>>77642506
Luke was the best part of Jessica Jones.
>>
All that hype and this happens even Gotham is better than this
The mcu is going to have more misses than hits at this rate
>>
>>77642459
That and Luke was fucking her brains out.
What? You think she kept hiring her because she was a good detective?
Nah, she kept getting used as a private dick because she kept getting private dick of death from Mr.Cage.
Holy shit, Hogarth is such a Stereotype.
>>
>>77642274
He actually does. If she'd listened to him the show would've been over by episode 5 or so.
>>
>>77642506

not at all, his character was bland
>>
>>77640584

>tfw going to have to listen to all my normie fake nerd, loves-comic-book-movies-but-refuses-to-actually-read-a-comic-book-not-about-batman friends talk about how the Purple Man has always been their favourite villain and how he's totes like the Joker.
>>
>>77642557
>The mcu is going to have more misses than hits at this rate
They already do. They have maybe 3 actually decent movies, while the rest are only considered good because they came out when the MCU hype machine was at its highest.
>>
What could season two possibly be about? Jessica Jones doesn't have much of a rogues gallery and now that Kilgrave is gone, what else is there?
>>
File: 1446986432218.jpg (13 KB, 300x278) Image search: [Google]
1446986432218.jpg
13 KB, 300x278
Post YFW give me a Red
>>
>>77642612
Jess really shouldn't get a second season.
>>
>>77642594
He is exactly like the Joker.
Boring, edgy and unintimidating.
>>
>>77641558
It's a copout. The reason why you drink is to drown your sorrows and forget/ignore the bad shit in your life. If you have a healing factor that magically gets you juuuuuuust buzzed enough for alcohol to do its job but not have any negative effects via normal consumption, logically she would have to keep drinking excessively just to maintain the level of drunkenness for prolonged time period. Otherwise you'd sober up very quickly. So downing one bottle of bourbon a night and somehow being able to self medicate enough to forget your worries without suffering any detrimental side-effects is incredibly lazy writing to fill the required check list for noir detective tropes.
>>
>>77642612
Interracial breeding.
>>
>>77642618
THEY TRY TO MAKE OUR BOYS ASHAMED
>>
>>77642575
Hope would still be in prison though
Most people wouldn't believe Kilgrave existed
And Jessica and/or Simpson would have gone to prison for murdering Kilgrave
>>
>>77642612
Nuke, IGH stuff if that's not wrapped up in Defenders, extend one or more of the other plots from Alias into a season. There are also plenty of New York street-level villains for them to borrow. She could also spend a lot of time dealing with the fallout from Kilgrave.
>>
>>77642618
Parts like that and "Sweet Christmas" made me wish this show happened live so we could see the /co/ threads explode like they do when Flash has a big fanservice moment.
>>
>>77642594
Wait, you can't be serious, there's that guy? Already?
>>
>>77642670
Didn't Kilgrave legally not exist? I didn't think there were any records of him. If they killed him out of sight and dumped the body, he'd just be a John Doe with nothing to link him to them if anyone even found it.
>>
>>77641738
6/10. Better than average, but not very interesting. Wouldn't care if it didn't get a second season.
>>
>>77641738
7/10. Could have been better, but I really enjoyed it. Unlike Daredevil, though, I probably won't want to watch it again. Once everything's played out I'd imagine a second viewing would just be boring.
>>
>>77640968

>corrupt as fuck in Daredevil. DD could only trust one
>boy scouts in Jessica Jones

>Marvel cops
>>
>>77642705
They could only find him in public places though when he met with Malcolm, shooting him in the middle of a crowded restaurant would leave a lot of witnesses.

Plus he had that security detail and wore a tracking device, which Simpson didn't account for either.
>>
File: Oscar.png (238 KB, 377x596) Image search: [Google]
Oscar.png
238 KB, 377x596
If you are an older black man in MCU Hell's Kitchen, you're fucked.
>>
>>77642618
Since Captain America won't be able to show up, I think the Punisher should be the one to fight against Nuke and fight while talking about MUH PATRIOTISM TAKEN TOO FAR
>>
>>77641738

8/10

I liked the incest twins.

Strangestboner.jpg for the redhead twin
>>
>>77642700
I've seen a lot of Kilgrave = Joker comparisons already. I never saw it other than they both wear purple suits.
>>
>>77642774
There were like two actual cop characters in JJ though. One of them was Simpson (who wasn't corrupt but was crazy) and one of them was murdered. And even then, the cop that kinda helped her only did so after a lot of prodding.

>>77642782
Jessica got him to the safe house. She could just as easily have gotten him to the middle of the woods, snapped his neck, and buried him ten feet under.
>>
>>77642532
because of tracking, theres no killgraves en masse in britain.
>>
>>77642803
Poor Clemons. He was literally two years away from retirement
>>
>>77642351

How can you tell the difference when she isn't really shown to be drunk? You just have to personally make these mental gynmastics to explain it.

I'm not even asking her to be incredibly drunk half the time, just to show some clear signs how it works. Like having a pocket bottle she jugs from fairly regularly on the downlow, showing more than one random empty bottle at a time in her apartment every morning, etc. The way her drinking is depicted is just ridiculously sanitized when it's suppose to be one of her major character flaws.

It's as if the show runner went "well we need to show her drinking, but not too much since that'd make her too unlikable. Also, we need to focus on the whole ambiguous rape angle while tip toeing the line where she is but kinda isn't a victim with agency, as we want her to be empowered, and that that it is more important than depicting truthfully her being a substance abuser."
>>
>nuke was basically nic cage
>>
>>77642774
Considering the ending of DD, a lot of the corrupt cops were probably exposed.
>>
>>77642803
If you're a cop whose about to retire, you're super fucked
>>
>>77642826
They're both scrawny, psycho, and get in people's heads (Kilgrave more literally). Other than that they really don't have much in common.
>>
>>77642827
But again the security detail would have followed them to the woods, found the body and arrested them all
>>
>>77642826
And Tennant doing a terrible impression of Ledger's Joker.
>>
>>77642869
Not... really? I thought he acted more like Time Lord Victorious than Ledger's Joker.
>>
File: nuke.jpg (20 KB, 288x175) Image search: [Google]
nuke.jpg
20 KB, 288x175
i was laughing that they got cap stylist when Will Simpson came back in non cop uniform, hair, jacket, dark blue shirt. said in my head he looks like a cap reject

MFW it turns out he was
>>
>>77642869
nigga, he never tried to be it.
>>
>>77642844
They show her drinking all the fucking time. Also, she's an alcoholic, which means even without superpowers her tolerance would be high. Not all alcoholics are drinking to black out constantly, just drinking to keep their BAC high enough to avoid withdrawal symptoms.

>>77642864
The security detail didn't follow them to the safehouse when she actually got Kilgrave into the hermetic chamber. So clearly he didn't have the tracker then.

>>77642893
I had no idea who Nuke was and was thinking the same thing.
>>
>>77642803
They should make that a running gag. Every show one black old dude should get shot.
>>
>>77642825
Was the guy wearing a diaper?
>>
Why does Jessica Jones wear the same clothes every day?

Doesn't her panties smell of crust?
>>
>>77641738
6/10, just above Daredevil because it wasn't actively annoying the shit out of me, and was just really boring. The only reason I stuck around was Kilgrave, who was great. The only time Jessica ever actually was interesting and good, rather that sounding like she was expositing dialog from cue cards, was when she was sharing the screen with him.
>>
>>77642869
More like Barty Crouch Jr. redux.
>>
>>77642913
I'm betting a LOT of black old dudes will get shot in Luke Cage
>>
>>77642935
Don't you make me get hard anon you stop that talk right now
>>
>>77642632
Don't think you know how functional alcoholism works.
Her reliance on alcohol balanced her out, it wasn't to get drunk more than just staying level-- and level for Jessica was destructive and relationship straining as it is for most alcoholics.

We all wanted to see her crash through Luke's window, insult his manhood, then pass out on his bed, but this was a different Jessica than the one in Alias.
>>
>>77642913
Like how every thing in Phase 2 had someone lose a hand or arm?
>>
>>77642954
>kilgrave tries to blow up luke
lol
>>
>>77642946
I don't think he chewed the scenery as much he did in GoF, thank God.
>>
File: schumer_ay5din.jpg (88 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
schumer_ay5din.jpg
88 KB, 612x380
>>77642954
>“I made two New Year’s resolutions. No. 1, I wanted to catfish someone. Did it, loved it, recommend it. And No. 2 was to this year just once take off a pair of underwear and make it not look like I blew my nose in it.”
>>
>>77642908
That wasn't episode 5 though.

And her plan to get proof of his mind control would have worked if it wasn't for Hogarth.
>>
>>77642143
He was good though! Who are your favorite villians?
>>
>>77642999
I loved Luke's "sick of this shit" expression whenever someone tried to hurt him.

Although wait, if he was injured because of the concussion of a shotgun to the chin, wouldn't his bar exploding fuck up his organs the same way?
>>
>>77643030
It was a shotgun that went off right under his chin and rattled his brain around in his skull

The explosion mostly just set him on fire for some reason, probably should have gotten a concussion at least
>>
>>77642853

lets all be honest, the very instant they brought up his retirement we all knew
>>
>>77642532
Kilgrave as an alias makes sense as something made up by an edgy tryhard kid, which is what he is.

I don't know why they didn't use a first name either.

Zebediah Killgrave is basically his da handle
>>
>>77642908
they mostly show her with a single bottle at night when she's moping in her apartment. And it's usually in the line of taking a single sip and that's it. If she has a healing factor that makes her process alcohol faster it would mean she can't just achieve the same effect like a normal person drinking could and thus she requires far larger volumes, which is not shown.

The way they do it in the show creates the illusion of having a drinking habit without having any real impact behind it, which is why it ends up feeling so cheap and superfluous. By the fourth episode you don't even register it as being a problem because drinking seems to mean nothing to her.
>>
So they couldn't make him purple because of the time it would waste for him having to tell everyone not to notice his being purple right?

how does comic Purple Man stay under the radar like that, it would be annoying on tv
>>
>>77643030
nah, because it was a weak explosion. it was gasoline + liquor going off -- even a normal human would have survived it. though we would have been fucked up.
now if Luke was standing next to some C4 when it went off, or some 155mm arty hit right next to him, that's gonna hurt.
>>
>>77643030
Nah, force from the gas explosions isn't that great because it's spread over a larger area. As long as he didn't hit anything when he flew back he'd be fine. The fire from the combustion a is what kills people.
Shotguns can be over a metric ton of force, concentrated point blank at a head is like like throwing a car at your brain.
>>
>>77643110
why are so fixated on this? it's a small part of a complex show. get over it.
>>
>>77643113
Don't quote me on this, but I think he passively makes people not notice him, so it's not like he has to go around and tell everyone that he's not purple.
>>
>>77642267
And let's be honest here. Hellcat is a far better character with a SHITLOAD more potential as a lead heroine in her own right.
However, she's not a damaged super fuck up like Danvers Ms.Marvel so she can't have the whole to fucked up chicks bond over their fucked up super heroine past thing.
>>
>>77643110
The fact that it seems like it's nothing to her is what gives it its impact and makes it clearly a problem. Drinking that much clearly shouldn't have close to no effect. You see her drinking whiskey like water whenever possible.
>>
>>77642978
>and level for Jessica was destructive and relationship straining as it is for most alcoholics.

The show paints her problems coming straight from her PTSD, the drinking doesn't even seem to come to the equation. It doesn't even appear to medicate her, it's simpky there as a halfassed shorthand. And that is just one thing about the show that is shit compared to the comic.
>>
I'm watching the first episode now.

I think if Jessica wants to escape The Purple Man she should just bust through the front door of Stark Tower and smash up the place until Iron Man or S.H.I.E.L.D. show up.
>>
>>77641738
6-7/10
It had some great moments. Some really good moments. But FAR too many poor subplots. I didn't like the overall cast as much as the Daredevil one.

Tennant was great. The plot did fall at the final hurdle and really began dragging.

It felt kinda like the same as Daredevil. What was the Kingpin's plan? He felt stupid. "I'm going to rebuild the city!" Over and over again. I feel like Jessica Jones did the same a bit. It felt sily in places.

Also, the crime noir theme was good in the few places it was actually being used but seemed to be forgotten about really quickly.
>>
lesbians are just too funny to me, I really can't take them seriously. Literally they can't have sex in any meaningful way.
3rd base is as far as you go as a lesbian
>>
>>77641010
>Hispanic dudes complaining about black over representation
Theyre right, blacks are over represented compared to hispanics and asians
Thats why if they feel like they have to race change Danny he should be hispanic.
>>
>>77643182
yet it has no visible impact, like it ought to do if it was to serve any real purpose in showcasing her destructive personality traits. It undermines her character as a tormented victim of abuse when it is handled in such a sanitized and clean manner. The show wants to be super serious and gritty but can't bother to be that other than superficially, thus revealing an inherently shallow product the show truly is.
>>
>>77640584
I'm on episode 9 and I like the show so far. My only problem is that the exhibition of her powers is a little weak. I understand the whole ex-super thing but like I'm kinda bothered by 'Jessica Jones the invincible locksmith'. Is there just one moment that shows her at like full power or like rage mode?
>>
>>77643201
What? We're clearly told she self medicates with alcohol BECAUSE of the PTSD and guilt by Patsy. She keeps herself busy enough with work then when she can't sleep she drinks enough fast enough that she passes out and doesn't wake up until the afternoon the next day.
>>
>>77643306
When she takes the bbc.
>>
>>77642506
Im excited for Colter but his character in JJ was pretty boring outdide of the fight scene in the bar
>>
>>77643306
Not really, no. She does a few dumb jumps here and there, but that's about it.
>>
>>77643356
implied jumps at that where she steps out of frame and then fwooshes
>>
>>77643265
That's retarded, Hispanics have plenty of representation, but the problem is that a lot of them pass for white in order to score white roles because that's easier.

Asians and everyone else though I agree have it as hard if not harder than blacks but it's not a competition.
>>
>>77643295
>thus revealing an inherently shallow product
I see you didn't waste any time jumping to the conclusion you wanted to reach.
also you're fucking wrong.
>>
Did Luke Cage really bring a saw to Jessica's apartment to prove that he's unbreakable
That's a waste of a perfectly good saw.
Also the next episode begins with them fucking.
Nice.
>>
>>77643459
No, the saw was left by the guys who were going to fix her door.
>>
Watching the first episode
Why the fuck is the writing so fucking awful
Does it get any better because its really fucking awful
>>
The language limitation is really going to hurt the Luke Cage series. Having a show set in Harlem with an all-black cast who isn't allowed to say the F-word or the N-word is going to feel contrived as hell.
>>
>>77643550
It gets better m8.
>>
>>77643550
What is bad.
"Bad" is not a claim. It is an adjective describing a claim.
>>
>>77643392
The only character in the MCU that is hispanic is the Louis is who is a comedy sidekick vs Sam, Rhodey, Luke and Heimdall
>>
>>77643392
Yeah, but asians don't complain, and are generally treated like ugly white people, with a couple caveats like driving bad and having to take shit from one of their cousins once having eaten a dog.

Asians are honorary white people. Like German Sheperds.
>>
>>77643162
That's a bit of.a cheat>>77643175
hellcat is major fucked up.

Her blatant need for power and control underline everything she does
>>
>>77643577
Who is talking about the MCU in particular?
I thought we were speaking generally about actors.

Fair enough, but you're wrong. Benicio Del Toro, Zoe Saldana, and Sitwell are all Hispanic off the top of my head.
>>
>>77643566
Jessica is shitty character with writing by someone who is trying to make her seem hard but thinks that being badass is swearing every other word and having cheesy comebacks and acting like a cunt to everyone. Right now it sounds like being written by a middle schooler

None of the characters have any substinence or interesting hooks. Humor is shit, the blonde chick part was fucking stupid, and the theme is bad.

This is basically a show for ABC weeknights with swearing right now
>>
Hogarth is a horrible person, and I see people defending her cause lesbian representation.
>>
>>77643212
Human society would crumble , any and EVERY issue could just be blamed on supers.

You don't think EVERY criminal uses the mind control excuse now that it's plausible.

I am shocked law didn't collapse. The foundation of our law is you get off if there is even the slightest chance you didn't do it. In mcu, I could rape and eat a thosuand babies but hey it COULD have been mind control, so I get off. Also No proof of KG anyway
>>
File: That's the shit.jpg (204 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
That's the shit.jpg
204 KB, 1920x1080
>mfw Killgrave cut a deal with Jess for daily selfies
>>
>>77640584
How come Jessica is immune?
>>
>>77641465
>I've seen friends get shot and die and came home normal
I think most people who get shot and die don't show signs of PTSD
>>
>>77643594
>asians don't complain
Yes they do, Ming Na, all the bitches from Fresh off the Boat, the dude from LOST, Harold/Sulu, Takei, himself have all spoken out about their representation.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>ruben dying was easily the saddest part of the show.
>>
>>77643834
AIDS.
>>
>>77640584
>played Trinity
>most notable character trait is being in a love triangle
POETRY
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>>77643859
>not Trendy Guy losing his 5 grand jacket
Such a travesty, truly Kilgrave is a monster.
>>
>>77643809
He shouldn't be this cute.
>>
They are idiots for not making this and Daredevil take place in the MCU.
>>
>>77642234
she's PATSY
>>
>>77643905
But it is...?
>>
>>77643900
He's fucking perfect for Killgrave.

I mean, if David Tennant would've came up to you and told you to fuck him, would you not?
>>
>>77643846
>Women
No, but seriously, some Asians actually do, but nowhere near as much as Black people. I'm not stating that it's not legitimate complaints either, but they are there. It's also a matter of Asian guys typically not having very manly features, so they are less considered for leading/having a high profile role. Same thing happens to ugly white people. You never see a high profile role to someone with, say, a massive underbite. The underbite gene makes people as 'unemployable' in acting gigs just as much, if not more, as the 'Asian' set of genes.
>>
>>77642459
what are the chances that she'll try to get powers for herself?
>>
>>77643931
>if David Tennant would've came up to you and told you to fuck him, would you not?
Is this a real question? 'Cause I'd hit that so fucking hard.
>>
Purple Man better be back
>>
>>77643265
Where were they during Daredevil when Claire Temple was racebent into a Puerto Rican, then?
>>
>>77643967
Fapping, since she's the actress with the best nudes
>>
>>77643905
What the hell are you talking about?
>>
File: High Res Feel.png (349 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
High Res Feel.png
349 KB, 5000x5000
>>77643961
I won't believe he's gone until the end of Defenders.
>>
>>77643954
She already did.
>>
Likable characters tier:
-Luke Cage
-Patsy
-Malcom
-Nuke
-Woodhouse
>>
>>77642913
until at some point an old black dude survives, and he comes out and says he read the news of all those old black dudes getting killed got worried and found the IGH and got himself powers
>>
I can't believe how shit this show was. Really, the plot was all over the place and every episode had so much filler in them it was unbearable.
>>
>>77643967
Oh yeah forgot about her, add her to the list that that I made.
>>
>>77643961
I'd like it, but it'd have to be handled well since he had his neck broken by a woman who can kill you with a punch

It'd be a nice reveal for the end of Defenders. I'd like to see all the main villains team up to beat them, as cheesy as that would be. If they wanted to make it less cheesy they could have the power struggle between themselves as a subplot akin to Fisk picking off the other members of his group in Daredevil.

I think either Kilgrave would come out on top straight away and then fuck it up by being a manchild, or someone else would convince/control Kilgrave and then fuck up by losing control of him.

>>77644054
The show was good but I agree about filler. They could have had a few more plots and delayed a lot of the Kilgrave stuff.
>>
>>77641738
6/10, the main character gets really bland and uncompelling (is that a word?) after 5 episodes, and too much time is wasted on shit that goes nowhere like Eastman and Hope.

Daredevil was much more tightly crafted even with the complaints about Karen and Mrs. Cardenhas.

Kilgrave, Luke, Patty and Nuke were cool; everyone else is just boring after a while.
>>
>>77644016
I actually hated Simpson before he Nuked out. It never clicked with me who he was until "give me a red," then I was totally into his character.
>>
>The studio responsible for decapitation, dismemberment, self-linching, a 1000 cuts, rape, blood, etc is the same studio responsible for bringing Frank Castle to the screen.
>Frank Simpson is not dead, and can still come back.
>There is an opportunity that we might get a Frank on Frank sooner or later.
>>
>>77643418

If they can't even bother to portray her alcoholism properly, which is one of the major building blocks for her trauma that defines her for most of the series, how is the show not being shallow? It pays lipservice to things without having any real substance to them.

Even Jessica's PTSD, which starts promisingly when the few initial hallucinations have that creep factor, just fades to the background in favor of Jessica just being hellbent to capture Kilgrave. Which of course is meant to tie into her whole deal with saving Hope and thus save herself but it never really rings true because the show doesn't ever really get around to building it properly. It never even really feels true that she's starting to get her shit together. The show in general has a bad habit of not following through with any of the interesting psychological aspects of the story because it's fast forwarding to the next character beat without any genuine time to make it organic, as it's busy devoting its screen time on doing stupid shit like constantly bringing up Carrie-ann Moss' boring as hell divorce proceedings.
>>
>>77642803
At least they didn't send him to the pawn shop unit
>>
>>77644130
>It's a Frank that shoots Franks at Frank, Frank
Please let it happen
>>
>>77642612
they could use elements of the plot from Alias that they didn't use in season one.
Having her be a PI but investigating cases related to superpowered individuals.
LIke Mattie, but tying it to inhumans.
Stuff related to the company that experimented on her and Luke.
Doing cases for hogwarts who is secretly interested in getting superpowers.
>>
>>77644054
In that regard it was exactly like DD. Which is great in a way because now I know I don't need to even bother with DD S2 or Cage's show anymore since this seems to be what the Netflix shows are aiming for,
>>
>>77643935
Asians aren't really known for their outspokenness in general, but they're very much aware of their disenfranchisement in Hollywoo that you so kindly exposited.
>>
>>77644193
I hope it's not another series about a super secret organisation

This could go the same way as heroes
>season 1: supervillain manchild who everyone hates
>season 2: uh super secret x files company
>>
>>77642803
His son daughter goes looking for his murderer for revenge when?
>>
File: df.png (66 KB, 135x281) Image search: [Google]
df.png
66 KB, 135x281
I gave a shit about everyone in DareDevil. They even made me care about the fucking Russian brothers. So that's saying something. Yes the show had definite problems. The "grrrr now foggy is angry wit u" was contrived and dumb, and I never really liked Karen's acting, but you could at least always give a shit:
>Russian bros
>Fisk
>Matt
>Foggy
>Wesley
>Ben
>Claire
I consistently gave a shit about all these people.

Meanwhile I am more than halfway into JJ and I cannot tell you the names of anyone other that Jessica, Luke, Nuke, and Kilgrave. And I only care about half of those people anyway.

I fucking swear I don't even know the name of the blonde chick.
>>
File: gryffindor.gif (226 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
gryffindor.gif
226 KB, 800x600
>>77644193
>hogwarts
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.