[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Titans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 6
File: Unknown-1.jpg (16 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-1.jpg
16 KB, 299x169
Who thinks the new titans tv series is going to be a flop like Constantine? Or do you think it'll be the next arrow?
>>
It won't exist obviously. It was quietly cancelled so Dick can be in the movies.
>>
>>77640782
are u for real tho? God damn it now I'm bummed out teen titans is what got me into comics they could have recasted and had the next gen titans with tim as the leader tho desu
>>
>>77640782
Who said dick was going to be the robin in the titans show?
>>
>>77640831
well it is being based on the 08' titans series
>>
The Titans show has been in development fir years. Prior to Supergirl. If it were going to come out, it would have been here by now.

At this point, a Titans movie would have more likelyhood of being made. And if the rumors of WB considering converting the Cyborg solo to a full Titans movie are true, they could be blocking the TV show from advancing because of that.
>>
>>77640858
Doesn't matter what its based on, tv shows are never perfect adaptations. If this show ever actually does get made, I'm betting it'll be tim since dicks name is already in batman vs superman.
>>
>>77640483
We need to get more information on it first.
>>
It wasn't based on the 2008 Titans series. the Titans TV show is going to be on TNT and will feature Robin (Dick Grayson) who leaves Gotham and goes to another city where he meets up with Hawk and Dove (Female), Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) with Raven and Starfire set to join the cast towards the end of the pilot episode. The last thing I heard about it was that it was still on.
>>
>>77640782
This
It has been literally months since we've heard any info on it, and last time we heard from it, they said we'd get something around October.
I wouldn't be surprised if Dick and Barbara got embargoed and they put the show on the back burner.
>>
>>77642783

We know Jenna Malone is probably Barbara, and if the dead Robin is Jason like he's supossed to be, then Dick will be out there as well. Possibly even Scott Eastwood?
>>
>>77642060
Was Mal involved as well? I thought her was, but I'm probably wrong. But yeah, you got this all right (except that Babs was going to be Oracle, not Batgirl, at least from what I'd read about it).

>>77640820
>>77640831
>>77641075
The show was literally announced as starring Dick as Nightwing, Starfire, and Raven. When we'd first heard about the show, it was already said that it would revolve around Dick and his team.

The synopsis, apparently, was said to be about Dick, as a detective, going back to superheroing and forming a team after leaving Gotham. Oracle was involved, for whatever reason, and so was Hawk and Dove, two characters I don't really care for.
>>
>>77643435
I seriously hope Eastwood ends up playing Dick. And Malone playing Barbara makes way too much sense. It has to happen.
>>
>>77645406
>Was Mal involved as well?
Just said Dick, Barbara, Starfire, Raven, Hawk, and Dove
You're probably thinking of Titans Hunt?
>>
I'm baffled why they don't just make a Teen Titans movie. I mean, the fanbase is there because of the show.
>>
>>77645442
He isn't playing Dick. They aren't going to introduce him as some military guy.
>>
>>77645923
They are well aware that the Titans are shit.

The show already adapted every storyline of theirs that ever mattered.
Unless you want the Wildebeest Society/Titans Hunt or Lord Chaos or something.
>>
>>77646619
>the Titans are shit.
No u
>>
>>77645923
no there isn't. any potential TT fans the show might have pulled in turned away when the comics had completely different characterization than the show, especially starfire since most of the show's fans where girls. They wouldn't go see a live action TT movie because it'd inevitably be too grimdark for them, and most won't watch this series either unless it's a particularly titillating 'The Dick's Ass Show'.
>>
>>77646728
You hate them, don't you?
>>
>>77646682
>Titans
>not shit

Why do you enjoy DC slaughtering every other teenage hero they have?
>>
>>77640483
>Or do you think it'll be the next arrow
Unwatchable but somehow getting 4+ seasons and two spinoffs?
>>
>>77646810
Teenagers are retards; are you a teenager?
>>
>>77646817
Yeah.
>>
>>77646817
>watching series you hate
>>
>>77642060
Most appealing thing about that premise is the potential shitstorm on Tumblr from a Dick-Barbara-Starfire love triangle.
>>
>>77646535
Maybe he's a spy
>>
I thought the show was quietly cancelled,since no one has heard any new information on it.
>>
>>77647628
And that's not even appealing.

Shows how shit that show will probably be if it happens.
>>
>>77647751
The best thing that can happen is that they greenlight it so you can hatewatch it to death.
>>
>>77640483
>new titans tv series
Wait what?

Please tell me it's animated.
>>
>>77646728
The only way a Teen Titans movie would be successful is if it was a comedy/adventure like the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
>>
>>77647830
>LE EBIN DANCE OFF XDDDD
No, thanks.
>>
>>77640483
Canceled because WB/DC is making a Teen Titans movie for the DCEU, that's what the supposed Cyborg solo is going to be.
>>
>>77640483
If they connected to the arrowverse is gonna be a sucess for sure, otherwise no. I hope they are smart enough to use Roy Halper.
>>
>>77647810
No. Live action.

There hasn't been news in months so it's probably dead or at worst stuck in development hell.
>>
>>77647915
Oh. Glad it's dead then.
>>
>>77647936
>hating a show that doesn't even exist
Brand loyalty 2.0.
>>
>>77647869
Say what you will about Guardians of the Galaxy being silly,edge is the cause of most of the problems in the Teen Titans franchise.
>>
>>77648010
MiIlar pls
>>
>>77648010
>never read the 1980s comics
Another casual.
>>
>>77647963
Being glad Titans stuff is dead in fear of it being shit is just being realistic.
>>
>Raven
So we're gonna see Trigon shit take up screentime too? Fuck man. Nobody can write Raven without bringing Trigon into the mix.
>>
>>77648048
>realistic
I thought you hated that word, brand loyalist?
>>
>>77648042
Comics Raven is 99% edge.
She's basically just Trigon and rape.
>>
>>77648112
>I always hated the Titans but I'm always reading their books
Fascinating.
>>
>>77648091
Yeah Trigon will probably just make all of them rape each other.
>>
>>77648042
I read the 1980s comic.There is good edge and bad edge.The current run of the Titans is nothing but the worse kind of edge.
>>
>>77648141
He's pretty much right though. That's all her character has been since NTT. The only thing left to do with her is permakill Trigon and just make her queen of Hell
>>
>>77648141
Yes.
It's best to actually read something before not liking it.
>>
>>77648172
>>77648174
>>77648176
>I read the 1980s comic.
Heh, sure.
>>
>>77648201
Keep trying, you'll get it eventually.
>>
>>77647963
I have yet to see a "serious" (ie. not 60s Batman or Wonder Woman or whatever) live-action superhero show that was tolerable for more than a few episodes. They're too afraid of not being taken seriously to embrace camp, they're too afraid of moral outrage to embrace EDGE, they're too afraid of spergs to meaningfully change the characters and/or tone of the show from the comics and they're too afraid of losing joe average to pander to spergs. They're basically locked into making an eminently bland PG-13 show that fails to distinguish itself in any way beyond being profitable enough to perpetuate its own existence - or, alternatively, living in infamy after crashing and burning.
>>
>>77648251
Nah, I already spotted the casual hours ago.

>>77648278
Nice copypasta, bro.
>>
>>77648289
>Nice copypasta, bro.
It's not.
>>
>>77648278
>>77648305
You're too afraid of having a life.
>>
>>77648289
>six words is copypasta
Holy shit this is some weak ass trolling.
>>
>>77648201
Yes I have. I'm currently in the middle of marathoning all the Titans runs, and I can say for sure that that's all Raven's been since NTT And the sad thing is, the miniseries that got her away from that (Wolfman's in fact) sucked shit. Honestly, just take Raven off the Titans and let her do her own thing. Same with Beast Boy. Their teammates have all gone on to their own solos and bigger/better things (Grayson, Starfire, Wally West (Pre-new 52. RIP best West, Donna Troy, and Cyborg have all met success elsewhere)
>>
>>77648334
>my reputation of True Fan is at stake
>better make up arguments so /co/ takes me seriously
Not today, anon.
>>
>>77648316
http://www.hark.com/clips/nknkjppvwk-zing
>>
>>77648278
The show probably would've just been 80% relationship problems, which was some of NTT's worst plots. They knew damn well what they were doing when they put Dick, Barbara, and Kory in the same show. Half of Dick's problems would've been not being able to choose which one he wants to fuck more, and the other half would've been him crying about Bruce and the villain of the week.
Hawk and Dove probably would've been lovers instead, which is the worst sin one can commit.
>>
>>77648384
I'm not even the guy you were originally arguing with, I was just agreeing that Raven hasn't exactly been anything other than Trigon, rape, and randomly evil since the 80's
>>
>>77648433
Why is everyone still replying to him?
>>
>>77648426
>>77648433
see
>>77648141
You don't need to prove anything, anon. THis board is full of people who pretend to be readers but are actually tvfags.

>>77648451
Insecurity is the name of their game.
>>
>>77648433
Why is Raven such a massive rapist?
>>
>>77648530
Because fanservice and nobody knows what to do with her (Kind of like how nobody knew what to do with the Titans as a whole since Johns or even NTT, but I digress)
>>
>>77648530
Sometimes her demon side takes control.
>>
>>77648550
>nobody knew what to do with the Titans as a whole since Johns or even NTT
Nobody... but you, anon.
>>
>>77648201
nice rebuttal
>>
>>77648550
Is Raven Wolfman's favorite of the bunch?
Because that would that explain her mindraping half her teammates and why he's the only writer of her minis.
>>
>>77648587
Thank you.
>>
>>77648550
I have mixed feelings on Johns run.Its better than what we have now but I disliked the way he handled some characters.
>>
OK, the brand loyalist has abandoned the thread. We can go on with comic book debate.
>>
>>77648632
Yes they fucked Tim, Kon, Cassie, Bart, and Raven up big time.
>>
>>77648590
If the rumors on /co/ are true,Wolfman's favorite Titan was Donna.Allegedly her boyfriend's design was based on how Wolfman looked at the time.
>>
>>77648566
Not even that, I've seen anons on here with great ideas on how to fix the current Titans run, and I have enough faith in Greg Pak that when he eventually gets on the book, he'll do a decent job with it (If he isn't hit with the Titans curse)
>>77648590
Seems that way
>>77648632
Looking back, I don't like how he handled some of hte YJ cast, but I still enjoyed it. Then again it's been years since I read it fully and now with YJ read, I think it's time I reread it
>>77648670
Bart can never catch a break, can he?
>>
>>77648669
>/co/
>comic books
Ha.
>>
>>77648690
>I have enough faith in Greg Pak that when he eventually gets on the book, he'll do a decent job with it
He can only do so much with a shitty editor.
Which TT seems to have had for literally years.
Johns didn't even want Bart to become Kid Flash but editorial probably told him to do it.
>>
If DC had any common sense they would have established a Young Justice,Teen Titans,Outsiders and new series(for new characters)to use all the teenage heroes effectively.
>>
>>77648877
Titans Hunt isn't doing so hot so TT probably can't support more than one book at a time.

Though yes if it could, having multiple books and mixing up members could help it not be so redundant. Give it to a competent editor and it might even be an okay read.
>>
Besides removing Lobdell or a reboot,how do would someone fix the Teen Titans franchise?
>>
>>77649106
Hire the fanboys at /co/. They'll do it for free.
>>
>>77648690
>I've seen anons on here with great ideas on how to fix the current Titans run
That means you, right? But DC is too stupid to hire you.

Maybe if you asked Liefeld about writing a new Youngblood book?
>>
>>77649190
>That means you, right? But DC is too stupid to hire you.
Not me. Other anons who have far more comprehensive plans. I know one anon said to split it into 3 books: Teen Titans, Young Justice, and Outsiders, and gave a full roster for each.
>>77649106
Just make it more lighthearted. That's all I ask for besides someone not named Lobdell to work on it. A book like Teen Titans should take itself seriously, but also have some fucking levity. Have some fun with it jesus christ
>>
>>77649106
1. Get rid of the current editors. Just all of them. Make Doyle edit it instead because Harley is his worst book and that's mostly inoffensive and comedic.

2. Start over. With everything. Titans Hunt is like two dozen steps backwards. Tim and his gang can be the first, just ignore everything Lobdell did.

3. Ban Raven or Trigon from existing.

4. Have two titles. One is more light hearted and funny, and the other is slightly more serious.

5. Mix the members up. No point in having Superboy, Wonder Girl, and Power Girl in the same book.

6. New outfits for everybody because christ all of their outfits are awful.

7. Maybe don't give a book about teenagers to 35 year old men. Or if they must be on it, have a younger co writer.

Or

8. Destroy it all and don't look back. Have a book like the Teen Titans Go tie in to the first cartoon if TT must exist.

Or

9. Make a "New Teen Titans '15" book where the creative team just copies NTT issues panel for panel, word for word. Because I think that's what DC really wants tbqh
>>
>>77647900
No thats for Justice League
>>
>>77649253
>>77649265
That anon i.e. youneeds a life.
>>
If the anons here could create a roster for Teen Titans,Young Justice or Outsiders(have any of them even shown up in New 52?)who would they choose?
>>
>>77648877
>Outsiders
>Teenage heroes
>>
>>77649265
I don't want to see any more rehashes of old plots.You would think that "professional" writers would be able to have their own ideas.
>>
>>77649413
I told you they were casuals, anon.
>>
File: We were Titans.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
We were Titans.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>77649265
>and Power Girl in the same book.
Why is she even there? She's boring as shit.
>New outfits for everybody because christ all of their outfits are awful.
This, jesus christ they're all terrible. I can't pick the worst one. I disagree about Raven though. Get rid of Trigon, yes. But Raven could work, just not on the Titans. As for Titans Hunt, I see it as a way to try and reestablish the original team (Maybe with the original Wally hopefully) and perhaps launch a team book with them.
>>77649338
I can't think of a full roster for either, but there's 3 characters I want to show up in some way, shape, or form
>Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
>Kid Devil
>Static Shock
>>
>>77649438
Dude, this board is full of people who want to be the next Johns.
>>
>>77649413
They are not teenagers but they seem to have vanished from the DC universe.Did they all get killed off in some New 52 event I missed?
>>
>>77649472
Johns made some mistakes in his run on the Titans but most of the time he tried to be original.
>>
File: I swear this isn't fanservice.jpg (2 MB, 1282x1089) Image search: [Google]
I swear this isn't fanservice.jpg
2 MB, 1282x1089
>>77648530
Because it's hot?
>>
>>77649782
Wolfman pls go
>>
File: Rose and Eddie 2.jpg (196 KB, 736x1132) Image search: [Google]
Rose and Eddie 2.jpg
196 KB, 736x1132
>>77649515
Honestly, I can look past some of his mistakes because he did introduce me to one of my favorite characters to be on the team: Kid Devil
>>
>>77649883
He was too good for us. ;_;
>>
https://tvline.com/2015/09/25/once-upon-a-time-mulan-ruby-spoilers/

>By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 25 2015, 7:39 AM PST

>Is there anyway possible you can get more info from any sources you have, or from [TNT president] Kevin Reilly himself, on the subject of Titans? –Jeff
Seeing how many got into a tizzy and feared the worst when TNT announced its fall/winter slate – and given that there has been no movement on the casting/production front – I asked around and have been assured that the DC Comics-based series is still in development.

If the rumour's to be believed, it was still in development two months ago.
>>
File: Raven46.jpg (36 KB, 339x600) Image search: [Google]
Raven46.jpg
36 KB, 339x600
>>77640483
Depends: who is going to play Raven?
>>
I'll only be watching it for Starfire, everyone else can go fuck tbemselves
>>
>>77650722
No one knows.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.