[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Following up on the Jessica Jones hype, let's have a thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1443647642106.gif (408 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1443647642106.gif
408 KB, 300x300
Following up on the Jessica Jones hype, let's have a thread like this

Purple Man shows up in Gotham, how long before Batman is able to track him down and detain him? Which members of the Bat Family fail against him? Which villains try to kill him, or worse, make him an ally?

Does Purple Man take Batman over only to have Superman stop him?
>>
He takes over supermans mind since batman has too much willpower, and batman once again has to rein supes in.
>>
>>77629324
This
>>
Batman puts in earplugs because he's not a fucking retarded person
>>
>>77629324
>>77629360
Disregarding the spoiler in the OP, let's just assume that this whole mess stays street level with the Bat Brats and Batman's rogues.

cause the mind controlled Superman story has been done to death.
>>
He's overconfident as fuck. Bruce would track him down in 2 hours and rip his tongue out
>>
>>77629293
I think if he landed in a place like Gotham, Grape Man would find some people in a position of power to act as proxies for him. crime leaders and such. From the outside, it would look like a huge chunk of gang wars have suddenly ended and all the crooks banded together.

Once Batman thwarts some of their conjoined operations, Purp would try to get to Batman from under him. Probably starting with Commissioner Gordon, he'd identify Batman's allies, lure them to him, and get them under his thumb.

The climax would probably be Purp finding Batman's identity, but Batman has managed to synthesise something that makes Purp no longer immune to his own powers, then Batman tricks him into making himself never able to say another word or communicate in any way ever again. Purp then gets put in a straight jacket and shipped off to Arkham
>>
>>77629672
I like it!!
>>
>>77629360
>>77629324

>implying purple mans pheremones can affect superman
>>
>>77629324
don't Superman av the most willpower in the DC Universe ?
>>
>>77629672

Nah, it would be easier for BatGod

>Find out purple man can control minds through verbal command
>Take blood sample from mind control victim
>Determine that Purple Man uses pheremones
>Create suit-filter designed so pheromones cannot slip through his armor or mask.

Purple Man has always been a B-tier Villain for a reason.
>>
>>77630106

How would he find out unless he found out firsthand? Wouldn't getting into the position to understand Purple Man's powers put him under the direct threat of control in the first place?
>>
>>77630966

First he would have to find him.

Discovering his powers is easy. All he has to do is interview Purple Mans victims. He'd immediately notice that the victims claimed that they were not under control, and that they were ordered to do things and felt compelled to do so.
>>
>>77630966
He would show up at the end of a fight between Redhood and Batgril, PM would then sic them on Batman while he made a hasty getaway.

Also, thugs on the street retelling stories that flush out of Arkham
>>
File: 1441517506269.jpg (256 KB, 993x804) Image search: [Google]
1441517506269.jpg
256 KB, 993x804
>>77631115

Exactly, once Batman gets word of people consistently telling stories that they were under mind control, he'll suspect that Purple Man does this, and will try to figure out how to counter his powers before engaging him directly.
>>
>>77630966
Well he'd be able to resist Purple Man a-la Dr. Doom.
>>
>>77631513
Well, yeah, most likely, I think a better version of that would be PM tries his mind control on Jomer, it doesn't work, before Joker is able to kill him, one of the Bat Brats jumps in, gets taken over by PM and beats the crap outta Joker.
>>
>>77630027
>don't Superman av the most willpower in the DC Universe ?
If that were true, he'd be a Lantern.
>>
>>77632325
This, the greens are all about willpower
>>
>>77629969
Why wouldn't they?
>>
>>77632374
If Ivy is able to control Supes I'm sure PM can too, speaking of which Ivy would be Batman's best weapon against Kilgrave considering her powers. But who would cancel who out? Would Kilgrave dominate Ivy?
>>
>>77629969
>implying Kryptonite wouldn't be used like it always is.
>>
>>77632465

Didn't Lex need to lace Ivy's spores with kryptonite for them to work?

>>77632500

>implying Kilgrave would know about kryptonite.
>>
>>77631178

He doesn't know the nature of how PM controls people though. How can he concoct a plan when there's nothing to provide context to his powers?

>>77631513

Didn't Doom bullshit PM and he actually had a device, but said he resisted to fuck with him?
>>
>>77632577
>Didn't Lex need to lace Ivy's spores with kryptonite for them to work?
Lex made a Kryptonite lipstick.

>>implying Kilgrave would know about kryptonite.
The same way Ivy did—Lex.
>>
>>77632577
I don't know to be honest, but I sure would like to know.

Also, if Kilgrave plays his cards right and remains hidden for a long time in Gotham he's bound to learn about Superman and the rest of the JL in time. They are public spectacles and he isn't the kind of guy to over look them on a newspaper, and anyone who knows about Superman knows about Kryptonite.
>>77632657
>Lex made Kryptonite lipstick
>he tested it himself on his pet Superman clone
>>
>>77632593
>Doom bullshit PM
it wasn't stated, but at the same time it would be in-character for him. The alternative is still possible, Doom was a contender for Sorcerer Supreme and you don't tangle with that many demons without some rock hard WILL stat.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.