[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is implied violence allowed in cartoons as long as there is no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: bone.jpg (43 KB, 628x272) Image search: [Google]
bone.jpg
43 KB, 628x272
Is implied violence allowed in cartoons as long as there is no blood?
Would they allow implied...
>stabbing
>shooting
>beheading
>burning
>suffocation
>>
>>77616377
that's like asking if implied sex is allowed in cartoons as long as there's no boning
>>
As long nobody says the words "kill" or "death" and no blood is shown, anything will be fine.
>>
File: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.png (67 KB, 343x256) Image search: [Google]
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.png
67 KB, 343x256
>>77616506

i don't get that...the censors are weird like that.
>>
File: oh youre fucked now.gif (687 KB, 500x215) Image search: [Google]
oh youre fucked now.gif
687 KB, 500x215
>>77616377
>>
>>77616506
I've heard "kill" and "death" a lot lately though
>>
File: 1435379248954.jpg (23 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1435379248954.jpg
23 KB, 184x184
I heard that the CGI Star Wars cartoon does that a lot.
Is that true?
>>
File: 1410641921399.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1410641921399.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
>>77616377
It's varied over time.

Generally speaking, you're allowed to get away with a lot more if it's not human.

Tron uprising got away with some brutal fucking shit because technically they weren't humans, they were programs, and they were 'derezzed' instead of killed. Their bodies just sort of turned into little pixels instead of proper gore, and they used that to show brutal shit. People getting their chests burst open, limbs ripped off, people with have their face gone and shit spilling out of it...

Generally speaking you can do absolutely whatever you want to non-humans in cartoons.
>>
>>77616506
"Kill" and "death" are allowed in CN cartoons, not sure about the rest.
>>
>>77617002
Depends which one you're talking about, if it's The Clone Wars, yes, a lot of people die rather graphically by your usual standards, if it's Rebels, that one's more toned down.
>>
File: clone wars bug burning.webm (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
clone wars bug burning.webm
2 MB, 480x360
Star Wars: The Clone Wars is interresting, because it does the big thing of avoiding blood. It does have some blood, but very very little. Generally speaking wounds just sort of burn and sizzle as is consistent with Star Wars.

That being said, it's done everything on that list multiple times over, on screen, to living, sentient characters, frequently human or other sentient Alien. Both good guys and bad pulling this shit. You'd be hard pressed to find a single episode of the show where none of those things happened. If you did a drinking game for them I know more than a few arcs that would leave you dead.

That being said, Star Wars: The Clone Wars is one of the most violent shows I've seen period, and certainly the most violent cartoon.
>>
File: clone last stand.webm (3 MB, 1040x442) Image search: [Google]
clone last stand.webm
3 MB, 1040x442
>>77617002
absolutely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRBy_jKlcFA

Bear in mind, this is by no means a full compilation, just a tiny handfull of examples.
>>
I love how Batman Beyond tried to avoid censorship and ended with implications much more nightmarish than if it wasn't censored.
>April Moon ending
>Earthmover's death
>Rat Boy's lair
>>
>>77617002
There's a whole lot more casual neck-snapping and alcohol consumption then I thought there'd be.
Someone is shot and killed on-screen in every single episode.
Not a drop of blood, though.
>>
>>77617603
>Not a drop of blood, though.
Nah, I remember specifically, when they blew the shark guy up, there was blood.
>>
File: tarzan-clayton-02.jpg (234 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tarzan-clayton-02.jpg
234 KB, 1280x720
>>77616377
Well, remember when a guy hanged himself in a Disney movie
>>
>>77617662
That's fine, it's just an alien!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.