[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hawkeye
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Hawkeye_Vol_3_5_Textless (1).jpg (110 KB, 514x780) Image search: [Google]
Hawkeye_Vol_3_5_Textless (1).jpg
110 KB, 514x780
Do people really dislike Clint Barton Hawkeye & why?
>>
Bendis sure does hate Clint Barton.
>>
At least not me. I've always loved characters that hold their ground arou d powerhouses.
>>
>>77615658
Nah man he's the best.
I'm just kinda worried Fraction's interpretation will become his new personality. I miss cocky Clint.
>>
Hawkeye's original costume was incredibly silly and impractical. Thankfully they've moved away from that.

But in general I dislike any character who picks up an obsolete weapon, dons a costume, and calls himself a superhero (or costumed adventurer, or whatever). In one comic strip of "Tom the Dancing Bug" by Ruben Bolling there was a quick, one-off gag about this, called "Particularly Good With A Bow Man," a character drawn as a cheesy superhero like Hawkeye or Green Arrow. In the second panel, the character met the one foe he couldn't beat, "Barely Competent With A Machine-gun Man." The final panel of the comic simply said something like "Next Week: An Archer's Funeral."

Even the Hawkeye character in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" acknowledged the silliness of his situation, where he noted in near disbelief that he was facing hundreds of killer robots and only armed with a bow and arrow.
>>
>>77615658
I dunno man. He's a Legolas that's gay in the wrong way.
>>
I liked Clint prefraction.
I mildly like Clint postfraction.

His characterization in Hawkeye vs DP was nice. Serious and goofy and had great interactions with Kate.
>>
Here's the breakdown, real simple

Reddit likes Fraction's Hawkeye, therefore 4chan and /co/ dislike Hawkeye
>>
Only MCUcks dislike classic Hawkeye.
>>
File: HAWKEYE2012007004_col2a.jpg (92 KB, 296x296) Image search: [Google]
HAWKEYE2012007004_col2a.jpg
92 KB, 296x296
>>77615658
>Do people really dislike Clint Barton Hawkeye & why?
Well, if a character is often best defined by what he lacks or by what he cannot do, versus what he can actually contribute to a team or to a cause, then he probably isn't worth the time, is he?

Full disclosure, I bailed on the Fraction Hawkeye after fourteen or fifteen issues because they couldn't deliver a book on time to save their lives.
>>
>>77616872
I thought MCUkeks hated MCU Clint.
>>
>>77615658
I like most iterations of him. He's a fun character.
>>
>>77618179
Ronin Hawkeye wasnt fun.
>>
He's sort a loser with no cool moments or real victories. He died like a punk and was sort of just a mouthpiece for Fraction in his solo title. Green arrow is cooler and feels like less of a waste of space on a team.
>>
I used to like Hawkeye, but then Fraction's Hawkeye happened and the character just became "I am a clumsy manchild" to make Kate Bishop look better.
>>
>>77619855
>company wars
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>77616965

>power levels are what make a character good

capefags, everybody
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.