[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it as bad as they say? How would you rate it against the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: fantastic-four.jpg (520 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
fantastic-four.jpg
520 KB, 2000x1333
Was it as bad as they say?

How would you rate it against the 1994 version, and the 2015 one?
>>
File: 2015-11-20_00001.jpg (175 KB, 1128x608) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-20_00001.jpg
175 KB, 1128x608
>>77611842
>>
I liked it
>>
>>77611842
I've yet to watch the 2015 one, but I didn't hate this Fantastic Four. I thought it did everything okay except for Doom. It definitely needed a better Doom.
>>
>>77611842
Stuff that was good:
Johnny
Them dicking around in the Baxter Building

Stuff that was bad:
Everything else
>>
>>77611868
I Joseph the team's Invisible Woman?
>>
Say that again...
>>
>>77611842

Shitty Doom
Shitty Susie
Shitty Reed

Okay Johnny and Ben
So it's the Fantastic 2 I guess
>>
>>77613364
Reed was not so bad.
>>
>>77613568

They made him too much of a "dork" because they wanted to make the character a nerd archetype

That's not really how Reed Richards is.
>>
>>77611842
It does make sense for pacing why they didn't have classic Doom in this one. You'd have to have done an in depth back story about his life in latveria. For the film it was just simpler to send him into space with the rest and have him obtain evil powers. Plus metal skin doom is pretty cool looking. Better than crash dummy doom!
>>
>>77613980
Maybe that's why F4 movies always fail. You can't have F4 without Doom, and you can't have a good Doom without a lot of backstory that you can't cram into 2 hours
>>
>>77614314
>You can't have F4 without Doom

Yeah cause all those stories since the 1960s involve Doom somehow. Stop being such a Doomfag.
>>
>>77613364
Doom's actor wanted to do more accent and ham in the performance. The director wouldn't let him.
>>
Yea it is that bad. As with any movie like this people will start saying it isn't but dont listen to them just because it's old. It has nice moments because the characterization for the four is really good and they were mostly well cast but it is very bad. Thats much more than I can say for the most recent one at least but they're all bad.
>>
>>77611842

Hold the fuck on. Did they really photoshop a different head onto Johnny for that picture?

>>77613364
>okay Johnny and Ben

I'd have to agree with this, but the fact that Ben gets turned back into human in the second movie and just goes "hey, neat" instead of crying tears of joy really bothered me.
>>
1. A Big Pile of Steaming Shit
2. Fantastic Four (2005)
3. Fantastic Four (1994)
4. F4nt4stic 4 (2015)
5. Rise Of The Silver Surfer (2007)
>>
>>77611842
This is way better than both. Probably a 4/10, below average, but very watchable.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 97x232) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 97x232
>>77614765
Why is it so hard to make a good FF movie?
>>
File: 1408828039084.jpg (146 KB, 496x754) Image search: [Google]
1408828039084.jpg
146 KB, 496x754
A bunch of /tv/ fags think it's good now because they think FF is supposed to be fun and campy because they've never read an FF comic.

HOWEVER, I have to say the actors are very well-cast. Alba actually could have done a really good Sue if you listen to her interviews, she really wanted to go for that motherly foundation, but the director was a perv retard.

Chiklis is the fucking bomb in this, he fought hard for Thing to be prosthetics instead of CGI. The prosthetics in the sequel look better but unfortunately in both it still looks and moves like foam.

Everyone agrees Evans is great. Gruffud and whoever played Doom were easily the worst of the cast but Gruffud at least tried and looks the part, it's not his fault the writing was garbage.

I think the sequel is actually overall better with a really good wedding scene in the intro, Doom being more conniving, and the Surfer being pretty dope. Sadly the characters all act retarded, Thing doesn't get to do fucking anything, Johnny gets wanked a lot and Galactus basically wasn't in the movie.

I think the new movie had the right tone for an FF movie and some good ideas, but ultimately was ruined by bad casting and a tug of war between Trank's retardation and the studio's retardation.

>>77615528
Because people refuse to just read the goddamn Kirby comics and take away the correct message. There's this dumb belief that the characters are inherently silly or campy, then the belief that they're inherently silly and thus need to be "fixed" by stuff like body horror, and then the belief that they're about family or some shit.

But basically, even if there were someone who actually got what they're supposed to be about, it won't ever happen for the same reason there will never be a good Star Trek movie that's true to what the Star Trek show is really about.
>>
>>77615864
>But basically, even if there were someone who actually got what they're supposed to be about, it won't ever happen for the same reason there will never be a good Star Trek movie that's true to what the Star Trek show is really about.

Because it just doesn't work in movie form?
>>
File: Dennys_Fantastic_Four.jpg (29 KB, 575x308) Image search: [Google]
Dennys_Fantastic_Four.jpg
29 KB, 575x308
>>77611842

Ben and Johnny were the only good things about it.

everyone else was miscast and shit

never bothered with the other two and probably never will.
>>
File: 1448050690648.jpg (2 MB, 1995x4839) Image search: [Google]
1448050690648.jpg
2 MB, 1995x4839
>>77615864
>A bunch of /tv/ fags think it's good now

Yeah, it's somewhere on their list.
>>
>>77615864
>Because people refuse to just read the goddamn Kirby comics and take away the correct message. There's this dumb belief that the characters are inherently silly or campy, then the belief that they're inherently silly and thus need to be "fixed" by stuff like body horror, and then the belief that they're about family or some shit.

I hate to say it but that guy who did that "Fantastic Four was the Greatest American Novel" site had a better interpretation of the FF than the people who worked on the films.
>>
File: Trash.jpg (38 KB, 499x497) Image search: [Google]
Trash.jpg
38 KB, 499x497
>>77617287
>Jack and Jill

No way this list is serious.
>>
>>77614626
Can't let things get emotional in a capefilm
>>
>>77614626
>but the fact that Ben gets turned back into human in the second movie and just goes "hey, neat" instead of crying tears of joy really bothered me.

>Alba goes on to share an anecdote about working for director Tim Story on the set of '4: The Rise of the Silver Surfer,' which is apparently what that movie was called. Her tale of woe -- her "low point" -- addresses a valid complaint: " [Story said] 'It looks too real. It looks too painful. Can you be prettier when you cry? Cry pretty, Jessica.' He was like, 'Don't do that thing with your face. Just make it flat. We can CGI the tears in.'
>>
>>77611842
>Was it as bad as they say?

Yes.
>>
>>77615528
Its not hard, the people involved just dont care.
>>
Only the Corman movie is actually good.

The modern FF movies just get worse with every new movie. Compared to the latest, the Alba movies are decent. Or at least the first one is. That second one is absolute trash regardless.
>>
>>77617368
Sandler is a man who gets paid millions to churn out shitty movies while in truth he takes none of them seriously and just likes to hang out with his buds on set. That's pretty admirable.
I loved Little Nicky
>>
>>77619037
Plus, he's getting paid to go on vacations.
>>
>>77617287
The 400 Blowjobs
>>
>>77617368
That's the only one that stuck out as odd, huh?
You're the kind of guy who thinks Boku no Pico is an authentic reccomendation, aren't you?
>>
>>77619076
Reminds me of what Negaduck said to Darkwing Duck.

"I see you found the crumb. I knew you wouldn't notice the enormous flag."
>>
>>77619037
>>77619060
A man who takes advantage of how generic and fucked up hollywood is to just chill out is the hero the movie industry needs.
>>
>>77615528
It really isn't that hard. The people making these films a) Do not give a fuck, and b) are completely ashamed of their source material.
Doom cannot be the main villain unless you do something like use the UFF origin, have him trapped in the N-Zone and have him become a Monarch there instead of Latveria. He is too complex of a character to be an origin villain.
>>
>>77611842
I thought it was fucking terrible just like every other cape movie.
>>
>>77619076
It's the only movie on there that isn't even funny in an ironic sense, aside from maybe Norbit and Pluto Nash.

The Room and Food Fight, for instance, are on that list, and while they're terrible films at base, when you watch them with friends and MST3K them, they're incredibly entertaining.
>>
>>77619887
>funny

Again, you look at the sandler. That list of full of bad movies that aren't comedies.
>>
>>77611842
Corman>>>>>>Sweaty balls dipped in shit>>>>>>>>>>FF=FF2>>>>>>>>>>>Fant4stic
>>
>>77611842
It looks great in comparison to the recent one, but it's still pretty awful.
>>
>>77615528
They're scared of the source material. If you're going to do something fucking called FANTASTIC Four, stop playing it so small. Let's see other worlds. Let's see our heroes fight off an army of Moleman's monsters. Let's see them battle Annihulus and his Annihilation Wave in the Negative Zone. I want me some Doom that through sheer willpower achieved a mastery in both science and magic. Give me a goddamn giant purple and pink man in a silly hat.

Go all in or don't do it.
>>
>>77619887
Steel? Transformers 2? Spawn? The Dune Film? Adam Sandler Longest Yard? Fast and Furious 3? Kutcher Stever Jobs?
You are retarded.
>>
>>77617460
>'It looks too real. It looks too painful. Can you be prettier when you cry? Cry pretty, Jessica.' He was like, 'Don't do that thing with your face. Just make it flat. We can CGI the tears in.'

Man does not deserve to direct again, not even a dogfood commercial.
>>
Its marvel movie tier
>>
>>77623436
What if he directed a TGWTG movie?
>>
>>77612965
Just don't. I've literally never said that about a movie before. I always just watch it anyway but it is seriously not worth the time and is so poorly edited and cut together it's embarrassing. Pretty sure Johnny and Ben don't talk until the end and when they do, due to the lack of development and dialogue between them, Johnny's supposedly banterous playful comment comes off as a plain insult.
>>
>>77620553

The FF needs to be silly, over-the-top comic-book-y Silver Age goodness.

Yes, there have always been serious/dramatic elements -- Ben's smoldering, occasionally explosive rage at being a "monster", Sue wondering if she should ditch Reed for Namor, Reed's guilt over turning his friends into freaks Alicia's blindness, Mole Man's bitterness towards the Surface World, the constant family quarreling and break-ups, but it's also big pulpy Sci-Fi fun -- Doc Savage on steroids!
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.