[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A protagonist who was dumb as a post. Four season filled to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: parallels.png (278 KB, 500x563) Image search: [Google]
parallels.png
278 KB, 500x563
A protagonist who was dumb as a post. Four season filled to the brim with villains who were wise-seeming, charismatic, and persuasive.

And not once--not ONCE--did we get a corruption arc in Legend of Korra. Not once did Korra even flirt with joining the bad guys, with thinking they might be right. Fuck everything else, THIS is the true failing of the series.
>>
Korra was practically a villain anyway. At least during season 2.
>>
>>77608981
Didn't have the time for it, would have needed about 20 episodes per arc to get that kinda thing going.
>>
I thought the whole having the manifestation of light inside her and being able to reference the wisdom of hundreds of previous avatars was supposed to help her not do something like that
>>
File: Anakin, you're podracer a shit.png (755 KB, 838x940) Image search: [Google]
Anakin, you're podracer a shit.png
755 KB, 838x940
At least have the superior version.
>>
>>77608981
I cant believe that Bryke thought Tophs talk about the villains was supposed to be Korra realising they might not be all bad. It's just another way of showing how bad they are at writing.
>>
>>77608981
Fuck you the foreshadowing in that scene was brilliant. Unalaq was sitting in the dark and Korra was standing in the light. It was almost poetic how well it mirrored their relationship.
>>
>>77610886
I think it was pretty bad actually, it just made Korra look like a complete idiot because it makes Unalaq such an obvious villain.
>>
>>77610937
I dunno if you missed the joke or decided to pretend like you missed it due to it's cheesiness, but I was trying to jokingly reference the whole George Lucas "it's like Poetry" thing. Ah well, it was a pretty lame joke.
>>
>>77612197
Ah, i just missed it.
>>
File: tumblr_njr755f5691roa0a7o1_1280.jpg (182 KB, 527x936) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njr755f5691roa0a7o1_1280.jpg
182 KB, 527x936
>>77608981
Still want that fanfic where the Red Lotus actually manages to kidnap Korra as a baby and turn her into a hardcore despot murdering anarchist
>>
File: 1440800365660.jpg (19 KB, 302x218) Image search: [Google]
1440800365660.jpg
19 KB, 302x218
>>77610336
>you're
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 1024x574) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 1024x574
>>77612375
Would probably be something like this
>>
>>77612375
not hard to find them on A03, but they're usually an excuse for more Korrasami nonsense.
>>
>>77612590
(cont.)
Although, if you do have a hankering for a murderous Korra, I'd recommend the following below;

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10794120/1/Watch-the-World-Burn
>>
>>77612660
Will check it out. Thanks.
>>
>>77608981
Korra turning heel would have been against her character.
>>
>>77609458
i always thought this as well. The avatar is somehow (before Korra fuses with Vaatu as well) objectively good.
>>
>>77612934
>implying she had any character to begin with
>>
>>77612418
That's the correct use of that word. What are you bitching about?
>>
>>77612934
To quote the great Lelouch Vi Britannia:
>YOUR MORAL COMPASS IS A ROULETTE WHEEL!

Korra's morality at any point in the series is whatever it needs to be at that moment. She basically flipflops between Bleeding-heart-moralfag and Can't-be-arsed all the time.
>>
>>77608981
Do we REALLY need a thread about your masturbation fantasies?
>>
>>77613081
>unmotivationals
>lelouch

get with the times gramps
>>
>a protagonist with character flaws
>a failing
People like you are the reason society writ large thinks people who enjoy cartoons are infantile manchildren.

People like you (and dickless, worthless, incompetent corporations filled with drooling retards like Nickelodeon) are the reason the only cartoons for adults in america are bullshit animated sitcoms.
>>
>>77608981

Note that Korra didn't HATE SAND though.

Remember that hatred leads to the dark side, and it was Vader's hatred of sand that led ultimately to his downfall.
>>
File: House_sparrow04.jpg (283 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
House_sparrow04.jpg
283 KB, 1600x1067
>>77608981
Your definition of corruption is a little... stupid. Someone as self righteous as Korra would never become a moustache twirling villain. She would angrily proclaim that she was doing the right thing even as she shit over everyone else and ruined peoples lives.

Then again, this is probably about your corruption fetish and not the actual character dynamics of the show, so here's a picture of a bid
>>
>>77613821
That's... exactly what Anakin did.
>>
>>77608981
Well she did think they might be right once in that the world doesn't need her. Joining the villains would be pretty dumb, but giving them what they want, getting out of the picture, that's something she actually did.
>>
>>77613081
Look, I'm just saying, rescuing Nunnaly would be playing into the damsel in distress trope, and reinforce norms that stifle her power as a young woman.
I'll have no part of it.
>>
>>77613951
I never got that Anakin believed any of the shit he was saying. Whether it's the original trilogy or the prequels, he always just seemed like a weasel who is unsuccessfully trying to justify how he fucked up to himself.

"No, I'm not a bad guy by killing all these Tusken Raider women and children, I had to avenge my mother"
"No, I'm not a bad guy for betraying the Jedi, they wouldn't let me get married and can't save my wife"
"No, I'm not a bad guy by serving the Empire, the galaxy is too chaotic and needs order"
"No, I'm not a bad guy by serving the Emperor, I'm just wanting for my chance so I can take over and do a better job"

Korra doesn't make excuses and there's no hint of self awareness or self loathing. She just bullheadedly thinks what she's doing is right in spite of any amount of evidence that proves otherwise.
>>
>>77613051
Filename
>>
>>77612197
Should have gone with pottery.
>>
>>77615423
>No, I'm not a bad guy by serving the Empire, the galaxy is too chaotic and needs order
Anakin was right though. The galaxy went to shit after the empire's fall.

Thanks JJ for ruining my childhood
>>
>>77610336
>not Sheev
>>
>>77615423
Well, you're kinda assuming Korra is too brainless to pontificate about her shitty decisions.
>>
>>77612375
I bet Korra still would manage to fuck up somehow.
>>
>>77613752
You act like flaws make a character good. They don't. Not intrinsically. I mean, Anakin Skywalker had MANY flaws(arrogant, angry, possessive), but his character is pretty terrible. Terrible for the same reason Korra is - the show never really touched upon those flaws in any organic way. Sure, we're TOLD Korra is hot-headed and prone to mistakes, and that she needs to solve things through diplomacy and wisdom, but every problem is solved through brute force and power. Hell, in Book 4, when Korra finally hesitates, it ends up causing a world war.

Flaws don't make a character good or even interesting if the story doesn't examine or explore those flaws.
>>
File: bolininthewind.gif (581 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bolininthewind.gif
581 KB, 500x500
>>77608981

first couple episodes of Season 2 m8.
>>
>>77613051
>You're podracer a shit
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.