[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Watching a Season 1 episode of Family Guy on Adult Swim,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: a3ayn.jpg (84 KB, 882x436) Image search: [Google]
a3ayn.jpg
84 KB, 882x436
>Watching a Season 1 episode of Family Guy on Adult Swim, when I realized something...

The Early Seasons are better the Newer Seasons!

Think about it in the Early seasons:
-there were less Cutaways
-they weren't stereotyping everything
-it was more like a modern day Flintstones for the 2000s
-the characters were more good hearted and they weren't mostly used as punching bags

you know what I mean?
>>
>>77608561
Family Guy should have stayed cancelled. It would have been remembered as an interesting, funny piece of late 90s/early 2000s nostalgia instead of the abomination it is now.
>>
File: 1423362739293.gif (718 KB, 534x300) Image search: [Google]
1423362739293.gif
718 KB, 534x300
>>
Driveby Arguments pretty much is the best cutaway gag Family Guy ever had
>>
>>77608591
This. The fourth season had some good episodes, but it's not worth the bullshit we've had to put up with in later years.

Season 1 was a bit formulaic, but had some genuinely funny moments and was pretty light hearted.
Seasons 2 and 3 were both gold.
Season 4 was good, but not as good as pre-cancellation
Season 5 was OK
Season 6 was worse than 5
7 worse than 6 etc.

There have been some good episodes in recent years, but they're few and far between in a sea of shit.
>>
>>77608602
OP is a fag, but OP is also right
>>
>>77608561
>The Early Seasons are better the Newer Seasons!

After the show was cancelled, a lot of the original writers left. When the show came back, they had new writers who took the show in a different direction.

It moved on from playing around with old sitcom characters/plots from the 60's, 70's and 80's and instead went into straight up absurdist ensemble comedy.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 260x194
>>77608615
>best cutaway gag Family Guy ever had

"You don't even know who I am."
>>
File: ukinojoe family guy.png (177 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
ukinojoe family guy.png
177 KB, 500x321
>>77609502
The sad thing is the writers can put out decent material when they went to. But it's obvious they burned out, or stopped giving a shit a long time ago. Now if you're lucky you'll get one or two watchable episodes per year.

But I find early Family Guy to be overrated, and has the flaws of later seasons, if only in minor form. Still, you could tell there was a passion behind it that just isn't there at all anymore.
>>
>>77609566
So? People have been saying the same exact thing for years. Anybody can state the obvious.
>>
>>77608615
He straight up used that gag on the Cartoon Cartoon prototype Family Guy.
>>
>>77609897
>He straight up used that gag on the Cartoon Cartoon prototype Family Guy.

No, he used the gag in his original pitch for family guy, back when the main character was still named Steve- who had previously appeared as an unmarried guy in some Cartoon Cartoons where he was partnered with a cultured/intelligent dog that only he could understand.

Pretty much every gag in that pitch was used in the first handful of episodes.
>>
I wish Family Guy remained canceled.
>>
The newer season has had some pretty decent gags. Only one episode had a ridiculously excessive amount of gore. I'm guessing the writers just learned about Aspergers because they won't stop making Aspergers jokes.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.