[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really THAT good? I didn't think it was. Certainly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: inside out score.png (196 KB, 761x364) Image search: [Google]
inside out score.png
196 KB, 761x364
Was it really THAT good?

I didn't think it was. Certainly much better than the past few Pixar films, but still not Top 5 worthy...
>>
>>77604444
>Was it really THAT good?
According to RT, yes.
>>
>>77604505

Just want to make sure if I'm missing something or people are just overhyping it. People keep saying this is the best Pixar movie, but I can't see that at all.
>>
>>77604647
You're not missing anything. You just don't conform to the popular opinion that the movie was great. And there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>77604647

It's overrated, like Frozen.
>>
>>77604647
>I can't see that at all.
It's a matter of taste, I don't think it's the best Pixar movie but I certainly enjoyed it and think it's one of the best things Pixar has done recently
>>
File: 1439316954898.jpg (266 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1439316954898.jpg
266 KB, 894x894
>>77605458
I like to think that it had a lot more effort put into it then Frozen.
>>
>>77604444
That's not what the score says. It says people agree that it is at least pretty good.
It has no measure for how good exactly.
>>
>>77605487
Both films had a lot of effort put in to it. Frozen just had a more formulaic setup, so a lot of people think it's overrated or even straight-up bad.
>>
I enjoyed it and it followed the Pixar formula to success to the letter but there was something about it that felt disingenuous I can't quite put my finger on it.
>>
>disgust will never begrudgingly accept your seed
>>
>>77605569
I dunno, Frozen wasn't even as good as Tangled or Wreck-it Ralph. It was supposed to be visually better, but I didn't even think it was that.
>>
>>77605622
>Frozen wasn't even as good as Tangled or Wreck-it Ralph
Subjective desu, I preferred it to the former
>>
>>77605622
I personally enjoyed it more than Tangled, though Wreck-It Ralph was the best out of all of them.
>>
>>77605568
>Average Rating: 9/10
>>
OFFICIAL PIXAR TOP 5 POWER RANKINGS
1. The Incredibles
2. Wall-E
3. Toy Story 3
4.Toy Story 2
5. Toy Story
>>
>>77606846
Why TS3
I mean yes the feels moments towards the end but the entire rest of the movie was nothing at all special
>>
>>77606846
>1. The Incredibles
Fair enough.
>>
>>77606846
I disagree about some of the placements, but this list is still pretty okay.
>>
>>77606846
For me its:
1. Up
2. Incredibles
3. Toy Story 1 and 2 (They are like a pair for me)
4. Wall-E
5. Monster's inc
I haven't watched Brave, Cars 2, Monster's University, or Inside Out.
>>
File: 1297721045902.jpg (25 KB, 428x469) Image search: [Google]
1297721045902.jpg
25 KB, 428x469
It was pretty fucking great. Not sure if its top 5 Pixar for me, but if someone said it was, I wouldn't consider it outlandish.

I'm all about the

1. Up
2. Ratatouille
3. Toy Story
4. Finding Nemo
5. The Incredibles

(excluding Inside Out until I have time to properly digest it)

I also think Brave is really good and that's apparently a fucking travesty on this board so whatever.

>>77605569
As a person who honestly enjoys Frozen, the film pretty clearly went through some development hell, and suffers from pacing issues and the final half of the movie is extremely disjointed in terms of tone and plot. You can tell the film was put through the wringer during development.
>>
>>77606846
1. Incredibles
2. Toy Story 2
3. Monster's Inc
4. Ratatouille
5. Inside Out
>>
>>77604444
I thought conceptually it was a fun movie, but the execution was meandering and muddled, with no real conflicts outside of the "we gotta get home" plot. There was no real weight to anything that happened and emotional moments fell flat because of it.

While it was watchable and I'm glad I did, it was probably one of the weaker ones in the past few years. The concept deserved better. 6.5/10
>>
>>77604444
I liked it the first time I saw it, and I still do but it kind of fell apart on rewatch. It's better than anything else they've done so far this decade, but...

1. Toy Story
2. The Incredibles
3. Ratatouille
4. Wall-E
5. Monsters Inc.
>>
>>77606846
1. Monsters Inc
2. Toy Story 2
3. Incredibles
4. Finding Nemo
5. Monsters U (Fight me)
>>
>some people dont have Ratatouille at number 1
>some people don't even have it in their top 5
Fucking disgusto
>>
>>77608847
The plot at large is also painfully predictable since it's the tired old story: "change is hard".
Nothing that happens in Riley's head really feels like it has any sort of consequence because of the movie's basic concept of personalizing emotions.

It's adorable, looks great and has a couple of great funny and sad moments.
But it's just "meh" as a story.
>>
Did anyone else have a crisis watching this movie
I didn't want to think about how we don't actually have a will or personality, and that I just act based on what the chemicals in my brain insist upon
>>
File: Up.jpg (83 KB, 709x374) Image search: [Google]
Up.jpg
83 KB, 709x374
>>77604444

Much better than that shit they call Up.
>>
>>77609102
The chemicals in your brain are what gives you a will and a personality.
>>
>>77608935
It was good, but not top 5 material. That being said, most Pixar movies soar above other animated movies in general.

>>77609158
Hyperbole in the extreme. The only Pixar film(s) that could be considered shit is Cars 2, possibly Brave. Even Cars was decent, if a little kiddy.
>>
found it horrible fro start to finish, I concluded people have lsot any critical sense in favour of brand loyalty during Frozen. Aesthetic is especially ugly and the story is so mediocre it sounds out of some flash cartoon 8th season episode. It has no spectacle, no emotion, nothing to be remembered for, except being everything a story shouldn't be.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.