[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how was Maestro in Secret Wars #7 after the events of Future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 1447278928617.jpg (129 KB, 362x450) Image search: [Google]
1447278928617.jpg
129 KB, 362x450
So how was Maestro in Secret Wars #7 after the events of Future Imperfect #5? This shit is a massive plot hole as I can't figure out how he's at the main battle.
>>
Story trumps continuity!
>>
>>77591102
Stop reading Marvel Comics
>>
Hickman doesn't read other comics.
>>
I don't think we know when future imperfect tie-in mini strictly took place so technically Maestro might have been released at one point. But yeah, Hickman's story feels entirely disconnected from the tie-in books.
>>
>>77591102
Not only that but Apocalypse dies in age of Apocalypse. I'm assuming the remaining tie ins might fit somewhere in the next issue when there's more down time (ugh) but I also doubt it.

Like why make all these usless tie in if they don't even fucking fit into this temporary continuity?! For a while I was gaging things on when Beta Ray Thor died until I realized that was usless because artists just like drawing Beta Ray Bill.
>>
>>77591174
Which is fine. I was fine with the tie in books just building continuity for a world that's been going on for at least 8 years (and over) now but at least make sure it doesn't fucking contradict in YOUR OWN EVENT
>>
>>77591102
That's a very good question, lets ask Tom Brevoort

>Doesn’t necessarily have to be the same Maestro. After all, how many Thors are there in this story?

>http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/133386435913/how-is-maestro-at-the-secret-wars-battle-if-he

In other words: "I fucked up but don't want to admit it"
>>
I'd imagine that part in Attilan Rising about Doom remaking domains implies some tie-ins take place in the past versions of them.

That or Marvel can't get their shit together. Which is actually more likely. Otherwise we'd see all those Ghost Riders somewhere after the end of Ghost Racers.
>>
>>77591204
Aaaaand that's why the whole Secret War storyline has no weight at all. Everyone is expandable, which could be a good thing, but at the same time they have that damn 'multiple iterations' magic hat.
>>
Hickman already provided an explanation for his fuck-ups, Doom can just snap his fingers and reset anything he wants.
>>
>>77591277
Did he snap his fingers and restore Maestro and Apocalypse?
>>
>>77591204
What? The FI tie-in had THE actual Baron Maestro. So who's this Maestro in #7?
>>
File: hackman gets told.jpg (200 KB, 547x868) Image search: [Google]
hackman gets told.jpg
200 KB, 547x868
>>77591285
Apparently so.
>>
>>77591285
Well, the conclusion of the Inhuman storyline was pretty much that. So I don't really get what is this whole siege and battle at Doom's castle, when he could just put everything back the way it was with a snap...
>>
>>77591102
Despite writing stories under a common banner, Marvel writers aren't united.
They don't communicate with each other.
>>
>>77591392
So it's acceptable for there to be plot holes? Fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>77591134
He just watches movies, which would explain his shitty despiction of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>77591392
Editors are supposed to make sure the writers' plans for their stories in a big crossover won't contradict each other.
>>
>>77591392
This isn't the writer's job, it's the editors' job. When doing a story about Maestro, the editor should have been told by Tom Brevoort or someone else that Maestro would play a role in the finale of SW, and thus shouldn't stay out of comission by the end.
Same with Apolcalypse
>>
>>77591102
>2015
>still giving a fuck about Marvel
>>
>>77591467
>2015
>not being biased characterfag
>>
File: 084.jpg (13 KB, 547x103) Image search: [Google]
084.jpg
13 KB, 547x103
>>77591473
>2015
>being a characterfag
>>
So do we have an official response about this instead of that faggot with his "IT COULD BE ANY MAESTRO" response?
>>
>>77591512
Nope, only that.
On-panel, of course, we got jack shit explanation.
>>
>>77591512
Brevoort is the executive editor and senior vice president of publishing Marvel, that's as official as it gets.
>>
File: secret-wars-battleworld1.jpg (759 KB, 1998x962) Image search: [Google]
secret-wars-battleworld1.jpg
759 KB, 1998x962
Okay and thus is something else that has been passing me off about Secret Wars editorial: how many Domain's are there really? One if the things that drew me to the event in the first place was that it seemed super organized in its fantastic nature. I knew where everything took place and there was a lot if potential for story in this huge world. But writers seemed to forget that there were a set amount of Domain's. Some just made up there own Domain's or treated Battleworld like a multiverse when it's not
>>
>>77591102
Marvel Continuity died circa 1991
>>
>>77592102
>1991
I knew it.
>>
>>77591818
They said right away that there were more domains than shown on the map. Genosha was one that wasn't on the map.
>>
>>77592178
No they said there were three classified Domain's that we found out later
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.