[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are /co/'s thoughts on the jem comic? is it worth picking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: ny105ozRyn1qgf3oqo1_1280.jpg (376 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
ny105ozRyn1qgf3oqo1_1280.jpg
376 KB, 900x1366
what are /co/'s thoughts on the jem comic? is it worth picking up?
it can't be any worse than the movie right?
>>
Its pretty good, carries the tone of the cartoon well enough.
>>
>>77590969
I like Sophie Campbell's art. It reminds me Ross Campbell. Wonder if they're siblings...
>>
>>77591518
I wonder if they're same transgender person.
>>
Too may fatties.
>>
>>77590969
>what are /co/'s thoughts on
I'm sick of this.
>>
>>77591596
/co/ is one single person. You didn't know?
>>
>>77590969
It's nowhere near as outrageous as the cartoon, but it's fine I guess.
Pizazz is still the best.
>>
>>77591665
>Pizazz is still the best.

But Roxy is the best anon, in the cartoon anyway, as far as the comic goes Pizazz may be the best, I've only read snippets so far but it seems like Roxy and Jetta have been sorta made into different characters
>>
It's one of the best comics around, certainly the most unique. It has the most diverse cast and most unique subject matter in comics right now, and the way the comic graphically portrays music is the sort of groundbreaking artistic visual flourish that deserves to go down into history books. That, and the entire cast is just outrageously well-written.
>>
>>77590969
>Blaze singing
A-HA! Here's what's probably going to happen:

The Misfits have wrecked the Holograms' halloween party, but since both bands are signed to Five by Five records, The Misfits have directly damaged THEIR OWN record label. So Elise, their boss, blames Pizzazz because she's the leader, and demands The Misfits get a new singer. And we know from her character biography that Clash wants to be a vocalist. But she probably has a terrible voice, just like in the cartoon, as opposed to her friend, new character Blaze, and SHE becomes the Misfits new frontwoman instead of Clash!

Clash will either be heartbroken or furious and filled with a lust for revenge. Though considering what a clingy, entitled little brat she is - to the point that she's willing to be the lapdog Pizzaz never asked for - it will probably be the latter. Especially because it will create a situation where Clash will be trying to sabotage THE MISFITS instead of the Holograms, which would be one heck of a change for Jem!

I can't imagine what the heck is going to happen with the Holograms. Maybe Techrat hacks Synergy so she makes the Holograms look like a death metal band and they'll be forced to write new songs that are both hits AND fit their new image.

Which would be pretty funny. Just imagine Kimber writing lyrics about murder!
>>
File: DMC_poster_1600_1200.jpg (453 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DMC_poster_1600_1200.jpg
453 KB, 1600x1200
>>77592628
>Which would be pretty funny. Just imagine Kimber writing lyrics about murder!
Kimber literally becomes pic related.
If that happened my sides would leave orbit and never return.
>>
>>77591518
same person
>>
>>77592505
We like your art Sophie but stay humble please.

>>77593387
Are you sure?
>>
>>77593676
Who are you talking to?
>>
FYI The New Yorker is singing praises of Jem.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/jem-and-gender-theory?intcid=mod-yml

You've come a long way, haven't you, Jerrica.
>>
>>77592628
You're not too far off from how things went down in #9...

Pizzazz is actually taken out of comission by a car accident

As far as Synergy and Techrat goes, he was unable to breach Synergy's systems but going over the code, realize he didn't need to anyways as Synergy's about to go SHODAN
>>
>>77592779
>Sophie Campbell drawing DMC

I had no idea how much I wanted this until now
>>
>>77594972
>Of eight girls in two bands, four are clearly nonwhite, and others might be. Kimber—the flightiest, girliest Hologram, with the longest, most labor-intensive hair—only dates girls; nobody thinks that’s a problem, nor does anybody think it odd that she falls for someone with Stormer’s body type.

This is a really shit, pandering to the left article. Like I was literally disgusted reading it
>>
>>77597223
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.