[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.comicsbeat.com/the-etern aut-may-just-be-the-most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 11
File: IMG_0987.jpg (122 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0987.jpg
122 KB, 700x525
http://www.comicsbeat.com/the-eternaut-may-just-be-the-most-inetresting-graphic-novel-of-the-season/

fucking finally
>>
This looks super interesting
>>
>>77581328
wait... you telling me USA never got The Eternaut until NOW?
How.. why.. I mean..

...you should just stop making comics and start again from learning ABC.
>>
Eternaut isn't really a graphic novel, is it?
>>
>>77581606
Originally it was published as a serialized strip, but Oesterheld was clearly having a road map all along, giving an outlet to his political beliefs along the way.
>>
File: Eternauta 04.jpg (509 KB, 1280x1456) Image search: [Google]
Eternauta 04.jpg
509 KB, 1280x1456
>>77581520
Not just the USA. This is literally the first english edition of Eternauta ever made.
Good show, Fanta.
>>
>>77581881
Weird. I mean, UK isn't the biggest comic market out there, but one would think something like The Eternaut would have been published years ago
>>
>>77581915
Probably there was a time when the Falklands/Malvinas situation could have hampered any efforts done at the time.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/-R_JY4naB5/

I'm fucking drowning in my own saliva
>>
File: Eternauta - Edicion Pocket.jpg (50 KB, 400x277) Image search: [Google]
Eternauta - Edicion Pocket.jpg
50 KB, 400x277
>>77581915
Yup. Especially considering it was an extremely well-received novel in pretty much every other part of Europe (Italy in particular fucking loves it, to the point where they have their own unofficial sequel) and Solano Lopez worked for the UK during the 50s-60s, and is a well-known and respected artist there. Basically, the fact that it never got an english edition was bullshit, and I'm really happy someone finally picked up the torch.
>>
>>77581881

Wait, wait, wait...is this that comic you were telling me about that one time? The Argentinian masterpiece about people in a tunnel dealing with aliens?
>>
>leyendo comics de negros
>>
File: Eternauta 01.jpg (27 KB, 354x500) Image search: [Google]
Eternauta 01.jpg
27 KB, 354x500
>>77582102
Ayup. The tunnel scene is one bit, but yes, this is the Great Argentine Comic Book.
>>
>>77582219

Damn...I wish I had some money to get it....
>>
>>77581999
I love that Fanta does showcases of their editions
>>
File: Eternauta - Poster 02.jpg (222 KB, 796x1024) Image search: [Google]
Eternauta - Poster 02.jpg
222 KB, 796x1024
>>77582264
It's a big deluxe collection of a south american sci-fi comic from the 1950s. I can't see it going outta stock any time soon. Bide your time!
>>
I already added the Spanish edition to my Christmas wishlist, but I'm tempted to get this English edition too.

While I'm in a thread about Spanish comics, is there any online retailers that stock Spanish translations of comics?
>>
File: YouThinkThisIsAGameJudge.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
YouThinkThisIsAGameJudge.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>77582343

I think I will be a long time biding, my friend.
>>
>Fantagraphics
I should have guessed.

I'm gonna have to add this to my own wishlist.
>>
>>77582219
>this is the Great Argentine Comic Book.
Objectively I have to agree, but personally I've always liked Nippur of Lagash and Dago better. The writer may not be Argentinian but it was made there and the artists were.
50s to 70s was a kickass time for comics there, but it all went to shit.
>>
File: eternaut.jpg (116 KB, 621x828) Image search: [Google]
eternaut.jpg
116 KB, 621x828
Pre-ordered it a while ago. It's 45% off at Amazon right now. Fantagraphics makes quality books so it's an easy buy.
>>
File: Nippur de Lagash 04.jpg (255 KB, 1051x1600) Image search: [Google]
Nippur de Lagash 04.jpg
255 KB, 1051x1600
>>77583303
Oh, absolutely. There's a metric shitton of awesome argie comic books from an equally awesome roster of creators. Oesterheld, Wood, Trillo, Mazzittelli, Gimenez, Solano, Breccia (both of them), Alcatena, Altuna, Lalia, Risso, Ortiz, the Villagrans, etc., they're all titans.
But El Eternauta is still pretty much the biggest, most popular and well-known of them all, and what's important about it is that it's really just. That. Good. It's not overrated or anything, y'know? So it's great to have this collection come out, and hopefully it'll open the gates to more stuff in the future.
>>
File: Slaterface.jpg (33 KB, 307x272) Image search: [Google]
Slaterface.jpg
33 KB, 307x272
>>77581328
>Took more than 50 years to translate
FUCKING WHY.
I know foreign non-manga comics are a niche market, but seriously, why.

Haven't read it in more than a decade, though. Looks like I found a way to spend my weekend.
>>
>>77584331
so people can read it as a "vintage"

the whole story feels like a class B mars attack movie for moments
>>
so... its Juan Salvo or John Savior?
>>
File: pepe delussion.gif (500 KB, 277x263) Image search: [Google]
pepe delussion.gif
500 KB, 277x263
>>>/wsg/834801

> tfw vidya cancelled
>>
File: 432.jpg (100 KB, 562x756) Image search: [Google]
432.jpg
100 KB, 562x756
Fuck yea this is happening.

And we should all pour one out for Héctor Germán Oesterheld, only /co/mrade to get black bagged for their work.
>>
>>77585949
Yeah that's honestly insane. I'll have to give this a look
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.