[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone read this yet or semi story timed? Based off of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 400x608) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 400x608
Has anyone read this yet or semi story timed? Based off of the reviews I've read that this story & characterization of WW ruffled some feathers. Can any of you give me a legit background on this book & Morrison instead of "NOT MUH" reviews.
>>
>>81733105
The SJW didnt got what they wanted and Morrison loves playing with concepts.
>>
>>81733164
Is that right? That's what I've been reading. Lots of cries about the play of submissive & dominance on Paradise Isle, the "Fat Amy" character she befriends, and a plethora of other B.S. I'd hoped Morrison would take elements of the Perez storylines and just enhance it a bit.
>>
>>81733105
It's very dissimilar to recent depictions of WW such as
>Perez
>Rucka
>Azzarello
>Johns before
>Johns now
It might be, and probably is, much more in line with golden age WW, but I still haven't read Marston's Sensational Comics so I can't confirm.

The way her character's presented, a new volume is a certainty because she hasn't really grown as much as a character as you would expect (although, the exact same can be said for the Superman and Batman E1 books so whatevs). There's also a very brief mention that Diana fucks women.

SJWs are probably pissed that she fat-shames a visibly obese woman by calling her body deformed.

Also, there are literally zero action scenes in the book; kind of nice really.
>>
The great /col/ challenge!

I challenge you to have a critical discussion about this comic without using the following meaningless words:

>cuck
>cucked
>cuckold
>SJW
>blacked
>bbc
>bull
>tumblr
>reddit
>interracial
>breeding
>feminism
>patriarchy
>triggered
>jew
>racism
>sexism
>bigot
>pol
>r9k
>neckbeard
>virgin
>fascist
>shitlord
>>
>>81733452
Get out of here, kike.
>>
>>81733484
>kike

Pulling out the old school buzzwords, nice. I'll add it to the list for next time.
>>
>>81733324

It probably owes more to the original Wonder Woman source material than it does anything else. Eg, the "Fat Amy" character you mention is just an update of Etta Candy from Marston's original run.
>>
>>81733105
All reviews I've read were positive. I think the majority were.
>>
File: YFZWp9cl.jpg (120 KB, 640x495) Image search: [Google]
YFZWp9cl.jpg
120 KB, 640x495
>>81733105
I liked it it. I can't remember much about the story because I was constantly lost in Diana's smile and bewbs.
>>
>>81733569
Yeah most of the reviews I've seen are positive too.
Even the ones that aren't are usually just mad at how he changed the origins of Diana and how the amazons separating themselves.
And I thought those would be the more controversial moves anyway, along with that page with implications of Steve being black and Diana trying to put a collar on him.
>>
I bought it and really enjoyed it. A perfect origin/first adventure story. WW is adorable, sexy, fun, as is her characterization. Rabble rouser on Paradise Island, fish out of water in America. The new origin or more specifically her creation is actually pretty cool. Art's lovely. Story is tame for Morrison but sill contains interesting concepts, themes, asides.
>>
>>81733414
>There's also a very brief mention that Diana fucks women.

Agree with your points but, it's more than a brief mention

She was explicitly the partner of Paradise Island's champion, the blonde "Wonder Woman," and their breaking up or Diana ending it was a plot point
>>
>>81733744
Jesus Christ that's the most generic romcom description I've ever read.
>>
>>81733787
Yeah, but she really only mentions that they were a thing to Steve when they leave the island. Other than that, I don't really recall them touching it.

Sidenote: I really liked the way it, quite simply, explains the Amazons' immortality. It actually makes sense here as to why Diana is the same approximate age as everyone else despite the fact that she was born after they all gained immortality.
>>
>>81733452
You forgot muh soggy knee
Or muh soggy knee stick
>>
Out now digitally.
>>
>>81733978
>Yeah, but she really only mentions that they were a thing to Steve when they leave the island. Other than that, I don't really recall them touching it.

There were a couple more mentions, mostly with Mala as a spurned lover and this Ghostbusters looking qt wanting the D.

Agreed about the immortality, their lives/tech/magic, etc were interesting. I also liked how the Fates played the role of a greek chorus like in classical plays, Shakespeare, etc.
>>
>>81734335
>>
>>81734293
W-where
>>
>>81734449
Ghostposting haven
>>
>>81734449
https://www.readdcentertainment.com/Wonder-Woman-Earth-One-Vol-1/digital-comic/929600018301
>>
>>81733803
Yeah sorry bro, I tried to keep it simple w/o spoilers, but it's not action oriented. Check out the Finches I think if that's what you want.
>>
>>81734534
>muh feminsm
>>
>>81734534
Azz fan here, nobody wants the Finches. I'm almost half inclined to believe THEY didn't want the book because of the horseshit they put in it.
>>
>>81734608
>>
Full storytime: >>81734608
>>
>>81734650
Ah-ha! I was looking for this. Thank you anon.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.