[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gadgets don't count as powers Batman confirmed not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3
File: ImagesCATU0IKB.jpg (58 KB, 848x336) Image search: [Google]
ImagesCATU0IKB.jpg
58 KB, 848x336
>gadgets don't count as powers

Batman confirmed not a real superhero.
>>
go back to being dead syndrome.
>>
>>77542081
Buddy's power is being a super genius, too bad he was also a little bitch.

Batman is a cunt who willfully endangers children though, kid sidekicks in general aren't very heroic.
>>
>>77542081
More like "irresponsible annoying brat isn't fit to be a hero".
Still disqualifies Batman though.
>>
>implying powers make you a super
it's PRESENTATION
>>
Batman never claimed to be a superhero. Batman is a masked vigilante.
>>
>>77542834
>Batman never claimed to be a masked vigilante. Batman is a bat man
>>
>>77542081

That just makes him all the better. Go ahead, keep making him more of a badass.
>>
>>77542081
Batman's immortal and has a healing factor on top of his probability-bending powers.
>>
>>77542081
>he doesn't know that Batman is an avatar of an old one
>>
>>77542834
Has he ever addressed anything as the Batman?
>>
The incredibles movie could have been averted if Mr. Incredible just sat him down and went "Look, you're a kid, that guy threw a bomb on you, if I didn't grab on you'd be dead. Use your smarts for something better than beating people up"
>>
>>77544607
Nah, Syndrome was a faggot, he would have caused problems one way or another by being such a drama queen.
>>
I want the Incredibles 2 villain's motivation to be like that dinosaur guy from that Spiderman comic.
Has the capacity to change the world for the better, but just wants to be evil. And this needs to be addressed in the movie.
>>
>we will never have an evil genius trio consisting of Syndrome, megamind and Jack spicer
>>
>>77542081
i guess that means iron man isn't a superhero eith...

huh
>>
>>77545892
When you think about the whole Omnidroid idea was just stupid. With his gadgets he could have become a super no problem. I think he just wanted to act out his fantasies more than be a hero.

He's basically a LARPer.
>>
>>77546047
Well, Megamind is a good guy now so you're right.
>>
>>77544320
Batman probably has a P.R. guy.
>>
So time for the ultimate question.

Is Syndrome possibly the best Disney Villain of all time?
>>
>>77546520
Not even fucking close.
>>
>>77546152
Yea, he's a madman that wanted to be the best superhero that everyone loved, so he killed all the other good supers and then was gonna fake saving the world.
>>
>>77542081
Well, he is not. He's a vigilante.
>>
File: 9cf3d-url.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
9cf3d-url.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>77546520
Nah tbqh
>>
>>77546520
If you mean, Best PIXAR Villain then sure. (That's not really saying much tho cause all the others are really forgettable)

But best DISNEY Villain? Fuck no. Frollo, Scar, Gaston, Hades, Ursula, etc, are all miles above Syndrome.
>>
>>77546625

Hopper and Lotso were pretty nasty though.
>>
>>77546650
Hopper has the one great scene

Syndrome is pretty great the whole way through
>>
>>77544607
>The incredibles movie could have been averted if Mr. Incredible just sat him down and went "Look, you're a kid, that guy threw a bomb on you, if I didn't grab on you'd be dead. Use your smarts for something better than beating people up"

This was not his first ever meeting with Buddy. Pretty sure he had already had a calmer discussion with him that didn't take place when he was actively fighting a supervillain and having to save the kid.

Buddy just couldn't take a hint. He thought persistence would eventually win Mr. Incredible over.
>>
File: Judge_Doom_Eyes.jpg (37 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Judge_Doom_Eyes.jpg
37 KB, 720x480
>>77546625
Don't forget this guy.
>>
>>77546152
>I think he just wanted to act out his fantasies more than be a hero.

Well yeah. Why else would he personally hunt down all the old supers, leave Mr. Incredible in his lair, monologue, not-give-a-fuck if he kills Mirage, etc.

The guy is a self absorbed sociopath.
>>
>>77546685
THIS NIGGA!

HE was fucking terrifying and whats worse is that he would have been impossible to defeat if he hadn't created something that can kill him
>>
>>77546650
But Hopper originated from arguably the most forgettable Pixar Movie that's not named Cars.

I can't believe I forgot about Lotso tho.

I guess Randall, Waternoose, and Zurg aren't exactly what I'd call "Forgettable" either...
>>
>>77546792
I never understood why he created that Dip without even thinking that he could've also been harmed by it.
>>
>>77546799
What about the Barracuda that ate Nemo's mom?
>>
>>77546846
He needed a way to kill the Toons and wipe out Toon Town as the 'human' judge for his plan to work
>>
>>77546876
Terrifying, but I wouldn't really classify it as a Villain. It only shows up once and it was only following it's natural instincts
>>
>>77546876
That fucking Barracuda...

Shit traumatized me as a kid...
>>
>>77544607
the incredibles movie could've been averted if he had just let buddy die
>>
>>77545987
Isn't that basically Lex Luthor? He's a genius but uses his genius for personal gain and power rather than helping the world.
>>
>>77547103
THIS

Would've also saved the lives of countless SuperHeroes.
>>
>>77547150
Different levels of self-awareness. Lex thinks of himself as the uber-mensch, and that includes morally. He believes that his motivations are pure, when any unbiased observer can see that he's wrong. Dino-guy knows it's not good, but he doesn't give a shit.
>>
But Batman's superpower isn't gadgets, it's money. Scrooge McDuck levels.
>>
>>77547213
What issue is he from?
>>
>>77544607
>>77547103
>>77547188

But... Then we wouldn't have had, quite possibly the best Pixar Movie.....
>>
>>77546882
Perhaps he too knew about the Will stating that the town was to be given to the toons, so he planned on killing every toon and then reveal himself as the last surviving toon.
>>
>>77547239
It's willpower. If Bruce Wayne were poor he would have become something like the Punisher.

Someday he needs to take the Green Lantern Rings from those weak whiny bitches who wear them, because Batman's will is the strongest of all.
>>
>>77547103
Imagine the fucking backlash if he had let Buddy die though

Of course this is given that this is an actual comic adaptation

>Incredible Man more like Incredible Murderer !
>Bob was right!
>Why can't you be a super without powers?
>>
>>77546685
To this day I still wonder what his cartoon form looked like.

I mean we only got to see his eyeballs and it freaked out everyone, so can you imagine what the rest of him looked liked?
>>
>>77547421
He tried using a GL ring once.
All he could make was bats and dead parents.
>>
>>77546125
Stark is now a cyborg. He has some lame OP soft-sci-fi-might-as-well-be-magic nanomachine-like virtus that has merged him that not only gives him superpowers, but can act as his suit. In addition, to having implants. The doesn't even really need his suit to fight.
>>
>>77547700
Yeah, of course they had to do bullshit like that because they can't show the Green Lanterns to be ENTIRELY useless.

Hal and the boys keep their rings because Batman lets them.
>>
>>77542081
What about a plot armor as thick as UY Scuti?
I mean, he outran the flash, beat wonderwoman with one punch, defeated two kryptonians using only martial arts, etc.
>>
>>77543057
This, Franklyn Richards level of reality warping powers.
>>
>>77546685
So, who do you think he was?
>>
>>77542081
Why would he even want to be a superhero? He's a fucking God.
>>
>>77542834
Are you stupid?
Batman is one of the 2 archetypes of superheroes. fuck anyone who thinks differently.
>>
>>77547421
>It's willpower. If Bruce Wayne were poor he would have become something like the Punisher.
He would had make himself rich first, he is not a retard.
>>77547700
>johns bullshit
>It's a Special kind of willpower!!!
What about nop?
>>
>>77548442
I think the same. Will you still fuck me?
>>
>>77548442
That doesn't contradict what he said at all, silly.
>>
>>77542081
>kid invents working rocket boots that allow him to fly
>"fuck off, kid" instead of "You're obviously a genius. Want to invent some gadgets for me to use?"
>>
>>77548526
That's part of the point, genius. Bob was arrogant and wanted to do things on his own, didn't really like to team up.

The other part was Buddy being an obnoxious fanboy who wasted his genius on living out his hero fantasies.
>>
>>77548526
How do you not grasp this isn't the first time Buddy has done this bullshit
>>
>>77546685
just

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS
>>
>>77548695
Does Buddy represent the typical autistic comicbook fan?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.