[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What If...?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: HouseOfM.jpg (188 KB, 1458x738) Image search: [Google]
HouseOfM.jpg
188 KB, 1458x738
What would Marvel be like today if House of M never happened?
>>
We'd still care about maybe 30 mutants and give zero fucks about rest.
>>
>>77524733
Might as well ask What If Marvel Hadn't Signed Away The X-Men License to Fox
>>
File: image.png (807 KB, 710x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.png
807 KB, 710x1280
People wouldn't be so mad at Wanda
>>
>>77525014
What If Marvel Hadn't Signed Away The X-Men License to Fox?
>>
>>77525102
AvX wouldn't happen, Storm would be pushed as fuck, maybe we'd see A+X.
>>
>>77525102
No X-Men might mean people still semi-iffy about releasing superhero films, fate of Spider-Man films is up in the air since filming started in 2001. If Sony doesn't go ahead with it then things drastically change, and if they do go ahead then Spider-Man is a smash success.

I don't know where X-Men would've wound up though.
>>
>>77524733
Wanda wouldn't be constantly shat on.
>>
>>77524733
probably better.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqW-rbhYpy0
don't mind me, just posting nostagia.
>>
>>77525172
>AvX wouldn't happen
it would still happen, becaue hero vs hero sells, but the X-Men would have won
>>
>>77525102
Marvel would have gone bankrupt in the late nineties, the direct market would have collapsed even more, and there would be no more comics.
>>
>>77525849
that would be a better world indeed
>>
>>77525095
That would be nice.
In the meantime, I suppose we'll just have to go back to making Black Bolt the new punching bag of X-Men fans.
>>
>>77525095
but they wouldn't care about her at all, like before.
>>
>>77526605
That's kinder than the character rape she went through.

C-list is better than face of genocide.
>>
>>77526826
not really. Now that she's come to the spotlight she has the chance to become one of the popular heroes, and Marvel is pusing for that.
Retconning an event as not really her responsibility is easy enough.
>>
>>77524733
Good ?
>>
>>77526910
No one has forgiven her.

The X fandom hates her. The avengers writers besides Robinson don't want to touch her.

The editors cockblocked her from appearing in Carol's book because they hate her.

This event gave her no agency, went against previous characterization and shoved the villain ball in her hands and had her in limbo for years. While the X side piled more and more sins for her to bear,

This event wasn't kind to her at all.
>>
>>77527944
BUT IT WASN'T HER FAULT, ANON! IT WAS DOOM! DOOM DID IT, REMEMBER!?

why...why did Doom do it again...?
>>
>>77525364
good times
>>
>>77527944
and yet she has a solo book coming out and possibly a movie.
She's finished. FINISHED I tell you
>>
File: Avengers016-08.jpg (398 KB, 1000x1461) Image search: [Google]
Avengers016-08.jpg
398 KB, 1000x1461
>>77524733
We'd still have best Hawkeye costume
>>
>>77528833
Doom took the fall to save his Romani waifu.
But Wanda was not to blame either.
The true villain was Bendis.
>>
>>77526336
Black Bolt is the new Wanda!
Everyone make him feel like shit for it!
>>
Jesus, most of the thread talks about this as if Wanda was an actual person...

do you have any idea how childish you sound?
>>
>>77530631
/co/ doesn't take kindly to character assassination.
Even if that character is fictitious.

Also
>do you have any idea how childish you sound?
Where do you think you are right now?
>>
>>77531156
>I'm on 4chan that's an excuse to be an immature faggot

Have sex
>>
>>77531768
If the shoe fits.
>>
>>77525849
They weren't in the process of going bankrupt when they sold the license though. They just wanted some money.
>>
>>77525095
Wanda was a prominent Avenger before Bendis turned her into a Psycho. Its hard to imagine her leading an Avengers team again. We're more likely to see her in Midnight Sons than Avengers.

The only good thing is it's led to her being severed from the X-Universe and moved to where she truly belongs; Mystic Marvel.

She's only still in comics because of Whedon and Robinson.
>>
>>77530527
The retarded thing about Dis and HoM is Chthon could have easily been the cause of it and made the situation far more dangerous but Bendis made it "Wanda crazy fo sho she bend reality all of a sudden" and turned it into House of Snikt Bub.

> Wanda creates whole new reality
> No Vision, Django, or Marya
>>
>>77537098
This is pretty true. After Bendis people just avoided using her most of the time. Nobody would have bothered to try and salvage her for another decade if she wasn't in a movie.
>>
>>77530580
> yfw Wanda probably has amongst the lowest body counts of all the Avengers.
>>
Quesada wanted to reduce the number of mutants...he could have simply just had some not appear or end up on other planets/dimensions.
>>
>>77530408
All of that largely down to Joss Whedon.
I remember people saying back in 2011/12 "all hope rests with Whedon" in regards to Scarlet Witch.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.