[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /co/, have you ever seen something a long time ago and never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1378193777155.gif (492 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1378193777155.gif
492 KB, 460x345
Hey /co/, have you ever seen something a long time ago and never for the life of you could figure out what the fuck the name was? I've been trying for the past 3 days to remember this old animated show about penguins. The fucking show just popped into my head after being forced to sit with my niece for the greater portion of a day and watch Pingu. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>77515794
Maybe if you provided literally any details...
Off the top of my head, Scamper, pebble and the penguin, surf's up, happy feet.
>>
File: Performapal Metagame.jpg (10 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
Performapal Metagame.jpg
10 KB, 264x191
>>77515794
I don't think so, Kaiba.
>>
>>77515903
The problem is that my memory of the show is hazy. The only thing I remember is that it was about penguins, and there was a shrimp at some point. I'm not too keen on any other details than that.
>>
>>77515794
>old animated show about penguins
Doesn't exist. There were a few that featured penguins, like Tennessee Tuxedo and Chilly Willy, but none about penguins.
>>
>>77516001
It's not that old, I'm sure of that. But this show was entirely about penguins. I can't think of any other characters in the show besides penguins and a single shrimp.
>>
>>77516044
>It's not that old, I'm sure of that
Define old. 3 years ago? 4?
>>
>>77515794
3 2 1 penguins?
Penguins of madagascar?
>>
>>77516124
I'd say somewhere around 2000. It's not in the range of decades or anything.

>>77516149
I don't remember any 3D models or anything, so those are out.
>>
Penguins behind bars?
>>
>>77516217
Oh, I think so. Dear god, that shrimp is more unsettling than I remembered. Any idea of where I could see this?
>>
>>77516273
Sorry famiglia don't think it's online.
>>
>>77516642
It's not? Well, there's got to be someplace to acquire a copy of this.
>>
>>77516217
Okay now that that's settled...
WHAT THE FUCK AM I LOOKING AT!?
>>
>>77516217

Is this English?

It looks English.
>>
>>77517540
Apparently it's Canadian. Which I guess is close enough.
>>
>>77516217
oh man, I remember this. It was the one with the female penguin taking the blame for her boyfriend or some shit over a jewel.
>>
>>77515794
I remember this one show about this kid and something about a clown character... don't remember if the clown was evil or good. Pretty sure it was made by DiC.

Also, there was another show I can't remember that aired really early on weekday mornings. There was a school and I believe it had a girl in a purple dress with orange hair. The nurse was basically a hypochondriac and freaked out all the kids when she talked to the class. This led to the girl opening a bathroom door by wrapping part of her dress around her hand and grabbing the door handle.
>>
Avenger Penguins?
>>
>>77515953
>It's about Penguins.
>It has a Shrimp in it.
Happy Feet 2 man.
It has a B-Plot, in which two Shrimps develop individuality, and break away from their millions of brethren.
>>
>>77515794
I once had no idea what the name of a cartoon was I watched on TV periodically and liked a lot when I was less than 4 years old. It plagued me for about 20 years until I accidentally discovered what it was while randomly browsing Wikipedia. It was Widget the World Watcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFwoG2P-s6U

After I saw that OP, everything came flooding back to me. I remember watching this in my bedroom with an old TV my parents had hooked up. I didn't have a traditional TV remote, I remember. I had some weird keyboard that hooked up to the TV and it had switches on it for different channels. I'd flick one of the switches and the TV would changed the channel. Some of the switches went to non-existent channels that were just static. I remember it was really big and clunky. I was probably 3 years old when I watched Widget. I never saw it on television again after my younger brother was born.

I also remember watching the CGI Incredible Crash Dummies special when it aired in 1993:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfuFEfxkY_I

I don't know if Power Rangers had aired before the Crash Dummies special or afterward. I also remember seeing promos for the original Power Rangers. I didn't catch the premiere, though. I was real bad about that as a kid. For whatever reason, I had trouble figuring out some shows aired daily and not just once a week.
>>
it is amazing that people are still offering suggestions after the mystery has been solved
>>
I know there's an animated movie where the villain is a bossy movie director who, earlier in the film, said something like "I want this filmed from X angles blah blah blah" and then later the villain is explaining his villainous plot to the protag (a young girl I think?) and then a bunch of windows open and the film crew leader says "You said you wanted this filmed from X angles blah blah" and then he's revealed as the bad guy

I think it also might have been CG but I'm not sure. It's just this one part that sticks in my mind.

I hope it isn't something extremely obvious, but I'd like to know what it was if anyone can tell me.
>>
>>77517644
Even if my question got solved, that's not to say this couldn't be a general solving thread.
>>
NOOT NOOT MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>77515908
Kill yourself.
>>
>>77515794
Mine was actually a video game. I finally found out that it was called First Expedition.

I also found out that it's broken and won't run in any version of DosBox. Still mad.
>>
A couple days ago some guy on here mentioned a show/film about 2 people in a submarine that can only turn right, so they wind up travelling in a spiral & one of them turns paranoid.
There was 1 reply saying this was from "Schizophrenia", but google sure gets nothing for that. It sounded really interesting from the 1st guy's description and I'd like to look at it; anyone else have a clue? If it was actually from something called Schizophrenia, more details'd help since that's a popular title.
>>
>>77519706
There was an episode of Pinky and the Brain like that, since the submarine they stole had "the club" on it.
>>
Ozie Boo?
>>
There's been one thats been bothering for ages, I remember watching it on HBO or one of those pay for movie channels. Anyways its a stop motion short About a wooden old man who lives in a attic who releases a wooden bird from its cage, any one know what I'm talking about?
>>
I remember a show about three creatures created probabily with stop motion.One was blue,another green,and the last orange.I loved it when I was a kid (90's-00's)
>>
>>77515794
Yeah, I searched youtube, wikipedia, and other sources but nothing.

It was like a quick cartoon cartoon thing for cartoonnetworl I THINK, maybe nick.

It was like this super short action cartoon with practically no backgrounds and lots of explsive colors and action

The main characters looks like edgy 90s mixed with punk rock and they were fighting some hot as punk rock chick. Then I think out of the blue she gets big and explodes, and i don't reemebr anything else.

It's like the thing didn't fucking exist.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.