[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ellie the Ace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12
File: Artwork_tumblr05.jpg (241 KB, 1100x754) Image search: [Google]
Artwork_tumblr05.jpg
241 KB, 1100x754
So I found out about this a few days ago and I thought I might as well make a thread about it.

So what is this?

>adventure cartoon about an adorable, spunky little pilot girl who lives in a floating city
>animated by Cartoon Saloon
>Disney have expressed an interest as well as UK broadcasters.
>supposedly going to be released on a multiplatform basis (netflix, traditional broadcast, yadda yadda)
>creator previously worked on Gumball and had a hand In Secret Of Kells.

This looks like it could be a fun little series and I welcome anything with what looks to be vintage aircraft in.
>>
>>77508812
looks cute as fuck to me
to paheal!
>>
>>77508812
I remember seeing an image about it in a random thread, but googling it never gave me a source.
Looks neat. Like that one character from Flapjack.
>>
>>77509286

/co/, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>77509936
there's none there
time for me to draw some! ... only i have no ideas.
>>
>>77510194
no seriously what the fuck should i draw
>>
>>77512263
Just a plain tasteful nude of Ellie. With her hat on. We want a good first, don't?
>>
>>77512263
Clearly you should be drawing Ellie on her plane, one leg up in the air, jacket open, pants torn, with the guy fucking her.
>>
>>77512358
yeah that's exactly what i was thinking
but just... standing? i mean fuck, i drew the first 34 of flame princess, i have standards to live up to.
>>77512401
ehhh... she's 10.. i just wanna draw her naked. the one-leg-up idea works i guess. i would draw her running around with airplane arms, but since she's an ACTUAL pilot that should be beneath her
>>
>>77512427
I suppose something simple like working on her plane naked, cause oil?
>>
>>77512427
Yeah not standing, I do dig >>77512516 's idea.
>>
>>77512516
ahh i'm liking it.. oil.. wrench.. yes.. and her plane is pretty fucking easy to draw.. yes this could work
>>
>>77512427
>>77512657

Nice, an Ellie thre-

>naked

Dammit.

In any case, >>77512516's idea sounds good. Maybe you could also have one of her friends passing a tool to her, looking suitably embarrassed.
>>
>>77512748
>mfw i needed something to fill negative space and that is perfect
pics of her friends?
>>
>>77512748
>Dammit.
Well, I mean, it looks like it could be cool, but what's actually out about it?
>>
File: Ellie-the-Ace-Cartoon-Forum.jpg (849 KB, 1920x1150) Image search: [Google]
Ellie-the-Ace-Cartoon-Forum.jpg
849 KB, 1920x1150
>>77512837
Great! From left to right in pic related: Davis (Female), Spencer (Male), Bobby (Male), Ellie (Female)

>>77512882
I guess I was expecting the idea of nudes not to come up so quickly. Foolish me!
>>
>>77508812
>ace
Is there dogfighting?
I need there to be dogfighting.
>>
>>77513011
oh theyre all so goddamn adorable. i may just draw them all skinny dipping sometime.
>>
>>77513033
There are several antagonistic characters with their own planes revealed, and Ellie's rival, Danny, even calls his plane "The Stinger." I'd be quite surprised if there's no dogfighting!

>>77513075
Sounds good! It's a pity that there aren't many more references for the show yet. For anything more, you'll have to refer to the pilot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHBMKnX4T_Q
>>
>>77513150
i suppose i should watch it before drawing nudes. it's only right.
>>
>>77513150
>>77513216
oh. it would seem davis is probably the mechanic. well whatever, this can still work. also glad i saw this because i had the wheel nacelle all wrong
>>
>>77513216
>>77513261
Yeah, Davis is the designated mechanic for the group. But I'd believe that a pilot would be willing to get down and dirty with her plane when needed.

Or you could just say that Ellie's acting like a mechanic just to screw around, and Davis is looking on, confused.
>>
>>77513396
fuckit at this point i'm drawing them all. but i can't ditch what i have so far even though it's not gonna work... i'm reworking it. this is happening.
>>
>>77513437
Alright, godspeed! Looking forward to seeing Ellie and friends.
>>
>>77513531
sketch. whatchu think?
http://i.imgur.com/URuk28B.jpg
>>
>>77508812
>Disney have expressed an interest
yeah as soon as they bring over captin earth, marvel superheros anime, loli rock and boboobobo
>>
File: Ellie Excited.jpg (24 KB, 373x333) Image search: [Google]
Ellie Excited.jpg
24 KB, 373x333
>>77513739
Dayum, that's some quality work there!

Nice what you did with Bobby there. Really excited to see the final version!
>>
>>77513872
i feel bad for dawdling so hard on pinecest
>>
>>77513974
Well, I can tell you that you're very early to jump on this ship. Lots more time to dawdle!
>>
File: 1421364989891.png (310 KB, 701x607) Image search: [Google]
1421364989891.png
310 KB, 701x607
>>77508812
>>77513150
>>77513872
>Aircraft is a Gee Bee racer

Goddammit couldn't they have chosen a more fuglier design? Jesus Christ, and with a piece of shit radial engine no less (a peasant wright cyclone look-a-like), whoever made this doesn't really like aircraft, as those are bottom of the barrel-tier!
>>
http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/1736370
34 now exists
woo
>>
File: nasa-celebration.gif (1006 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
nasa-celebration.gif
1006 KB, 500x280
>>77515161
>>
>>77508812
it's my dream to become a pilot someday so any sort of aviation-related cartoons makes me really happy to see. seems like such a cute concept as well
>>
>>77514211
I'd tell you to go back to your board but I honestly have no idea what board plane design and aerodynamics would fit under.
>>
>>77516193
/k/, generally.
>>
>>77508812
a pilot pilot. neat.
>>
Amelia Earhart was a hack.
>>
>>77516268
>>77516193
/n/ would be the right choice, but I don't think you'd get anywhere with all the bike spamming.
>>
File: Bombs-Away.png (2 MB, 917x865) Image search: [Google]
Bombs-Away.png
2 MB, 917x865
>>77510194
How bout Ellie or Davis posing as they're being painted on a plane?
>>
Op here. I never thought this would get a reply at all, let alone turn into this.

God bless you magnificent bastards.
>>
So it's Crimson Skies for kids?
>>
File: skiesofarcadia.jpg (358 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
skiesofarcadia.jpg
358 KB, 1024x768
>>77517725
Maybe Crimson Skies meets Skies of Arcadia.
>>
>>77514211
c'mon bro

you know the Gee Bee design is the cutest looking one out there, why wouldn't they use it to compliment their cute designs?

the fuck do you want her riding in, a fucking Stuka?
>>
>>77508812
>Disney have expressed an interest
That's not good. They will just shove it onto Disney XD.
>>
File: ellietheace_concept_b-580x439.jpg (66 KB, 580x439) Image search: [Google]
ellietheace_concept_b-580x439.jpg
66 KB, 580x439
Cute art style, I'll be looking forward to seeing where this goes.
>>
>>77508812
I liked it better when it was called Sola to Robo.
>>
So I just looked this up. According to Wikipedia, though the number varies, the generally agreed minimum number of victories required for Ace status is five.

It can therefore be concluded that Ellie has shot down at least five people.

Just sayin'.

>>77514211

There's something cute about planes with fuckhuge radials in the nose. They're like pugs, they're just so ugly and dumb looking they wrap right the way round to cute status again.
>>
>>77517788
It's a generic as fuck design used when an artist is too lazy to look up more unique designs, and no, not a Stuka, but if they wanted a friendly-looking plane, they could have gone for a Wildcat, hellcat, Buffalo, any WWII polish fighter, or fuck me a Hurricane!
>>
>>77518593
Reminds me of Goldieblox.
>>
this shit looks cute
>>
>>77519135
plus there's something strangely appealing about just hopping on top of an engine and riding it. hence roxy rocket or earthworm jim. now if you give it a propeller and wings it's slightly more realistic that it could really fly
>>
Is there any footage of this Ellie the Ace, thing at all ?
>>
>>77524722
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHBMKnX4T_Q here's a trailer I found
>>
>>77524722
there's a one minute pilot above. did you not see it?
>>
>>77513150

where did you hear this? all I've heard about this show is the trailer thing and a bit of background info.

if there are images of these antagonists and their respective aircraft then that would be great.
>>
>>77526717
yeah i assume those guys in blue were rivals of some sort.
we might have another talespin on our hands. except even cuter, and more irish
>>
>>77526842

>and more irish

I like how this is a point in its favour.

I think I'd say my biggest hope for this series is that some kind of fantastic dogfight happens and Ellie has to use absolutely every trick she knows to get away, with her flying through streets and round houses just to keep out of her pursuer's sights.

it could be cool, if it's a character we've been introduced to then there could be some real tension there, particularly if there's a moment where Ellie realises that her opponent's plane has just about everything over hers or something.

Other nice things I'd like to see is a kind of grumpy grandfather character who was a pilot way back when and still keeps his old biplane in a hangar in good condition and Ellie always listens to his stories about back in the day.
The idea of Ellie also having an utterly knackered old plane she keeps as either a spare parts donor or a reserve runabout if her plane has to be in for repairs.
>>
>>77527231
irish shit is cute yo. they have cute accents.

i just wonder what kind of dogfights they're gonna have if they can't have guns
>>
>>77527316

splat guns? I have one particularly cute image in my head of Ellie doing Snoopy's pretend guns.

In all likelihood, slingshots sound a reasonably cutesy and effective analogue, so I imagine that's probably something like what they'll go with.
>>
>>77527316
why POTATO guns of course!
>>
>>77527676

okay, the words "fully automatic potato cannon" are just about the funniest combination of words I've heard today.

>>77517602

may as well second this.
>>
>>77527839
>ellie and co. singlehandedly induce potato famine by using them as ammo
actually i guess it would help spread them, being that pieces of potato regrow entire potatoes, and they will embed themselves deep into the ground

actually what i'm most interested in is this floating-island civilization of theirs. with land at a premium, farming would be... interesting. they might have a lot of hydroponic farms. nothing high tech about that really, just hang some baskets and let your tomato plants and shit grow like on tv
>>
>>77527231
Your expectations seem extraordinarily high.
>>
File: plane2.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
plane2.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>>77527839

well, funniest combination of words to come to mind.

Another great alternative to guns would be to take the Wallace and Gromit approach and have weaponized porridge.

>he's got a bead on us! Duck!
>bladda-bladda-bladda
>euch, and he's also got absolutely terrible taste in breakfast foods.

or

>Load up the porridge cannon, Spencer!
>and use the honey mix
>audible gasp
>surely you can't be serious
>I am serious
>and don't call me Shirley
>>
>>77528019

These are hopes. I expect this to be a reasonably cute little timewaster, but these are what I'd want to see as a theoretical off-chance

>>77527897

I imagine there's more indoor farming, maybe animals are put on big floating paddocks to prevent having to have cattle just wandering around the streets or something, the hanging baskets seem a good solution.
>>
>>77528208
i wonder if windstorms are a problem
there arent enough sky societies. how did the jetsons do it?
>>
>>77529395

I should imagine a bigger problem is altitude sickness and whatnot. It'd also be pretty damn cold up there unless you're floating over the Mediterranean or something.

Sky societies are certainly cool though, I'm amazed nobody's made bioshock references yet.
>>
>>77529642
well it takes a while for the height to be that significant I think. They're probably no worse off than andean people. Hell they're probably over an area of sea level (or even the sea) and about a mile up, so they're no worse than denver
>>
>>77528027
that is cute but i think the cutesiness would get annoying after a while if it never got more stylish. maybe theyll give us something unique to the unique floaty setting. they might shoot some obscure seeds at each other, from the same shrubs that keep islands afloat by forming some kind of magnetic field in their root structure
>>
>>77508812
Will there be an episode about the Troubles? Or some cartoon equivalent of heroin?
>>
>>77526717
It's stuff that I've heard from various sources, but this article seems to cover most of it (In Dutch):

http://www.animatieblog.nl/2014/09/ellie-the-ace-serie-cartoon-saloon/

>>77531986
The lore behind the floating islands should be interesting. There's also the chance that the islands levitate by artificial means. Ellie's grandparents own a windmill, which could somehow be helping to keep their island afloat.

In any case, as expected with a society living on floating islands, there are many different types of aerial transportation to be seen, such as Zeppelins, Jetpacks, and even backpacks that turn into kites(?).
>>
>>77535647
oh god i just checked that article out
>Because Lockhart floats in the air, there are no cars. Children go to school with a plane or take the zeppelinbus. They visit friends with a hang-glider or gliding from the top of the island down through the wire of the zipline. They also use all kinds of cable lifts, chopper bikes, jetpacks and backpacks that turn into tiny little kite.
SO CUTE. i also learned that the dutch word for wren is 'winter king'. also cute.
>>
>you will never have your own plane
i remember as a kid the news talked about people owning 'pocket jets' in their garage in the near future, and i was so stoked
i said i wanted to maybe be a pilot
they told me you need perfect vision so i never will be
>>
>>77513872
>has aviator helmet with goggles
>doesn't use them while flying
enjoy bugs in eyes
>>
Looking forward to the series!
>>
>>77540552

would you even get bugs at that altitude?

>>77538849

fuck the authorities and stockpile yourself some helium senpai. Don't need perfect vision for unlicensed lighter-than-air flight.
>>
>>77544151

wait what.

I didn't write senpai.
>>
>>77544189
>not knowing about the auto change

baka desu senpai
>>
>>77544240

when did that come into effect?
>>
File: mfw 5 seasons.png (157 KB, 403x397) Image search: [Google]
mfw 5 seasons.png
157 KB, 403x397
feels so good to be irish right now lads
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.