[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This show is average at best. so why do people hype it up so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: BWUUUUUUUU.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
BWUUUUUUUU.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
This show is average at best. so why do people hype it up so much? Season 2 a literal shit.
>>
Because they disagree with you
>>
>average at best

This is just a meme phrase at this point
>>
>>77508183
>Season 2 a literal shit.
I don't think they could have topped season 1 in 100 years and yeah, that second interdenominational tv episode was phoned in as fuck, but the finale was great.

Season 1: 9/10
Season 2: 7.5/10
>>
I have come to the conclusion that people who dislike Season 2 don't have the balls to admit that Season 1 had the very same quality.

The hate bandwagon only started with season 2 though, so people like to pretend there was any big change at that point, but no.

You're just sheep who liked the show when everyone hyped it, and disliked it when everyone started disliking it.

i'd like to see the circlejerk of your posts when you masturbated to season 1 and its awesome perfection, praising thing that you now whine about.
>>
>>77508463
No, there was a notciable decline in writing for alot of the episodes in season 2. Granted, the good ones were really good, but the ones that were bad were really bad.
>>
>>77508183
RICK AN MORTY A HUNDRED YEARS
>>
>>77508183
>7 posts in
>no mention of Reddit
>>
I'm convinced that they did so well in season one, they couldn't top themselves for season two.
>>
Literally Reddit: The Show
>>
because teenagers think this show is edgy and cool
>>
>>77508183
I like it cause its funny and makes me laugh. That's what I look for in a cartoon.
>>
Yeah this show sucks literal huge dicks. Fuck this garbage show.
>>
>>77510162
>>77510105
Glad to see the shitposting brigade is arriving.
>>
>>77508183
"literal shit"
thats why your opinion means very little to me
>>
File: bait.jpg (86 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
86 KB, 680x989
>>77508183
>>
>>77512094
i'm sorry did someone get their feelings hurt? :(
>>
>>77508183
This show is enjoyable and I cant wait for season 3. Nothing more to add.
>>
The Plutonians make me rock hard.
I want to make all the women give birth to real planets.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 459x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 459x345
>>77508183
>how can people have their preferences while I am not amused?!
It resonates with them and not you. They are not you. It has appeals that did not sit well with you.
Stop triggering my jimmies, OP.
>>
Season 2 develops Morty as a character so that he can save rick in season 3.
>>
Bojack Horseman and Morel Orel do it better, but it's alright.
>>
>>77508410
I think it's just the Jerry and Beth episodes that dragged the show down.
>>
Mortynight Run was the best episode of this show.
>>
It would be 10/10 if they would just kill off Beth and Jerry and replace them with better B plots. Christ their failed marriage is boring and unfunny and never changes. Why the fuck do they think we care about their marriage succeeding?
>>
>>77508183
it was the only cartoon explicitly for adults that had any depth and darkness and wasn't too jokey like Bob's Burgers or never had any integrity like Seth McFarlane's shit.
>>
>forgetting Moral Orel
>forgetting Venture Bros
>>
>>77514956
Oh yeah man its like so deep and stuff
>>
>>77514954
Honestly, it'd be better if they removed their 'plot'. I think they'll stop being B plots in the next season, since I'm pretty sure it was meant to help show. Personally, I don't mind it once in a while, but godamn, the episodes....Like Tiny Rick, godamn it.
>>
>>77508183
This is literally word for word the same thing someone said yesterday about Steven Universe.

The only difference is Rick & Morty doesn't completely suck
>>
>>77515141
But the Tiny Rick B plot with Beth and Jerry was actually one of the only good ones.
>>
holy shit dude its been over for like 3 months let it go
>>
File: content.php.gif (158 KB, 760x514) Image search: [Google]
content.php.gif
158 KB, 760x514
>>
>>77515200
Beth and Jerry's B plot was better than the A plot...or, you can argue that Jerry and Beth's was the A plot for that episode even, but godamn, if it didn't suck the life out of the Tiny Rick half....
>>
>>77515218
there are no differences between 1 and 3
>>
>>77515218
>>77515322

OIC the bag now
>>
>>77508183

Shut up Roiland.
>>
>>77514956
>Tips fedora
>>
OH LOOK AT ME, I'M SMARTER THAN EVERYONE BECAUSE I DISMISS EVERYTHING AS SHIT
>>
>>77508183
If it gets at least one laugh from me every three minutes, it's worth watching.

ᵀʰᶦˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ʷᵃˢ ˢᵖᵒᶰˢᵒʳᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᴹᶦᶜʳᵒˢᵒᶠᵗ'ˢ ᵂᶦᶰᵈᵒʷˢ 10™
>>
>>77508463
This.
The show is the same quality, always has been. I found both seasons to be 9/10
>>
>>77508183

Name a better cartoon that has come out in the last 5 years.
>>
What really happened to Mister Poopybutthole?
>>
IMO it should have stayed "old guy takes grand son for a ride to other dimensions, shit happens".
No long term plot, not "I need your stupidity to shield myself", no changing the earth to be like any other planet they've been to, just weekly adventures and atrocities.
>>
>>77520246

So you just want it to be another wacky comedy with nothing exceptionally interesting about it.
>>
>>77520287
it would have been better that way
>>
File: yes.png (1 MB, 1441x785) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
1 MB, 1441x785
>>77520287
yes
>>
So why didn't Rick take them to another dimension just like he did with Morty when they cronenberged everyone?
Rick going maximum feelings was way out of character
>>
>>77519996

HE GOT FUCKING SHOT BY THAT HEARTLESS HARPY BETH THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED
>>
I prefer season 2

fight me
>>
>>77520371
>>77520358

...and that's why the cartoon industry is stagnating.
>>
>assmad korrafags trying to bait /co/ into hating R&M
is this really what this board has come to?
>>
>>77520385
Because the Federation probably operates over dimensions
That's why there's such a thing as inter-dimensional customs
>>
It's the only cartoon that my normie friends like
>>
File: 1439665279929~01.jpg (93 KB, 665x664) Image search: [Google]
1439665279929~01.jpg
93 KB, 665x664
>>77508183
>literal
>>
>>77517994
yeah it's pretty lame when the hivemind takes over. whenever this show comes up it's just memes of people screaming "reddit the show" when we all know as soon as r&m dropped everybody was on it's dick.
>>
>9.3 on imdb

That's gotta be a joke, right? I like the show, but come on.
>>
>>77520385
Because he made his portal gun into a bomb and lost his car when they ran for it? so he didn't have any method to jump dimensions?
>>
>>77514832
No the episodes with alot of Jerry and Beth, it was the rick and morty plot lines that were the weaker part. Such as the couple consoling episode with tiny rick.
>>
>>77519813
Clarence
Bojack
Wander over Yonder
WBB
>>
>>77524704

>Clarence

lolno

>Bojack

maybe

>Wander over Yonder

no

>WBB

don't even know what that is honestly
>>
>>77508410
I think Season 1 was better on average, but season 2 had some of the best episodes.
>>
Hey OP, everything you like is shit. Everything I like is better than what you like.
>>
>>77524764
they're all absolutely better than literally Community: the Animated Series
>>
>>77519813
Bojack blows it out of the water on its own turf of "complex dark comedy for adults".
Outside of that you have Avengers: EMH and Green Lantern Animated. Many people would also say Over the Garden Wall but I would say that shit is overrated as fuck.
Before Orel as well, but that barely counts.
>>
>>77524987

The problem with Bojack, and what makes it inferior to R&M in my eyes, is that by the time you're into the second season the comedy is practically gone and it just becomes "beat the viewer over the head with depressing shit." It does a good job of that but the first season balanced the comedy and drama better, it still FELT like you were watching an animated comedy and not an actual drama.

R&M manages to walk the line of drama and comedy much better, and not only that but it's a much more original show. Bojack is a character study where the characters happen to be anthro animals, but they still talk and act mostly human. R&M has all kinds of crazy sci-fi shit, like seriously can you name another cartoon that incorporates the theme of alternate universes so well? Usually that kind of thing is used as a cop-out for when the writers write themselves into a corner, kind of like the "it was all a dream or a simulation" thing but R&M actually uses it to establish interesting worlds and lore.

Bojack is really just the story of a washed-up celebrity which has been done countless times.
>>
>>77508183
I'd like to see someone who says Rick and Morty is made of shit to make their own shitty cartoon so we can take a huge shit on your shit.
Unless this is J.R. just trolling his own shit. WDF? J.R.
You can't say it's "literal shit" without having points of why it's so shitty. [it's sucks how it ended season 2] My question is if you couldn't care less about show/characters of Rick and Morty the why da fuck did you watch it pass episode 1 hell you even claimed to watch to the end of season 2. What kind of masochistic prick are you to listen to other people? A sheep, you only have an opinion and reasons or facts why the show shit; that's why your grading standards are shit to me. I don't know and couldn't care less about your obvious opinion. Sadly, irritated me enough take a large shit on this post.
>>
>>77525923
>R&M has all kinds of crazy sci-fi shit, like seriously can you name another cartoon that incorporates the theme of alternate universes so well? Usually that kind of thing is used as a cop-out for when the writers write themselves into a corner, kind of like the "it was all a dream or a simulation" thing but R&M actually uses it to establish interesting worlds and lore.

Ironically the one time that R&M did use it as a cop-out it ended up being the darkest mindfuck in the show.
>>
>>77508183
Not really alot of modern sci-fi stuff these days for adults, and science fiction has alot of fans. Especially on pleb as fuck sites like reddit or facebook.
>>
>>77520636
i think i agree actually. i dont really get why theres a whole season 1 vs 2, though, they're both great.
season 1 just has more episodes that i personally don't wanna rewatch as much. i still like them, but season 2 has more rewatch value to me. i really don't think there's such a thing as a bad episode of rick and morty, just some that get out shined by the really great episodes.
>>
>>77525923
But R&M has absolutely no character development beyond Morty and Rick and already has a degradation of character in the parents. I think its drama is fucking horrendous in R&M, and while it you may prefer a "better balance" of comedy and drama, (which I don't think R/M has at all, the drama is forced as fuck a solid half the time), I prefer better execution of the drama even if it makes the show less of a comedy overall.
>>
File: Cap annoyed.jpg (90 KB, 247x309) Image search: [Google]
Cap annoyed.jpg
90 KB, 247x309
>>77525923
>Lorefags
>>
>>77526853
>>77526819

Well then it really just boils down to a difference of taste/opinion...I mean don't get me wrong I think Bojack is a great show, a REALLY great show actually, but I like R&M more. In fact R&M is my favorite cartoon since Adventure Time (back when it was still really good)
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.