[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't DC let Miller make this a Batman story?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 81Tj4+BYVHL.jpg (337 KB, 1500x1154) Image search: [Google]
81Tj4+BYVHL.jpg
337 KB, 1500x1154
Why didn't DC let Miller make this a Batman story?
>>
>>77504037
IT AINT PC BRAH AND BATMAN IS THE BIGGEST OF THEIR IPS.

YOU PC BRAH?
>>
Not racist enough.
>>
File: 14xo51tjpg.gif (838 KB, 300x206) Image search: [Google]
14xo51tjpg.gif
838 KB, 300x206
Because it's pure shit.
>>
>>77504037
They have enough batman elseworlds
>>
>>77504037
The story is retarded, and it would have been even more retarded if the Fixer was Batman
>>
>it's bad except for a couple of pages
>relating batman, one of their biggest cash cows, to such a controversial subject
shit i dunno man
>>
>>77504061
So?
>>
>>77504037
Cause Miller and Levitz decided to think it over and decided the best course of action would be to allow Miller to take the book and make it a new character.

Really though, it's still a Miller Batman story and fits in with how fucked up Millerverse Batman is mentally:

Year One: "No, I'm no killer."
Holy Terror: "KILL TERRORISTS!"
All Star Batman: "NEARLY KILL COPS! AND VICKI! WAIT, BRAT, YOU ALMOST KILLED A SUPERHERO!"
Spawn/Batman: AL, YOU'RE AWFUL BECAUSE YOU KILL, YOU TWIT/PUNK!
DKR: RUBBER BULLETS! SNAPPED JOKERS NECK.... BUT CAN'T KILL HIM!
DK2: FUCK IT! HAWKMAN'S SON, GO KILL LUTHOR. I'MA KILLIN DICK GRAYSON!
>>
>>77504644
Nice opinion, man.
Tell you what, why don't you follow me to this awesome place called /pol/ where folks like us can discuss these subjects?
Here, I'll throw you a link:
>>>/pol/
>>
File: 1412630161352.jpg (34 KB, 429x377) Image search: [Google]
1412630161352.jpg
34 KB, 429x377
>>77504592
I still don't understand why Dick was made the bad guy in DK2

than again the last time was like 5 years ago
>>
>>77504860
Probably some crazy idea Miller had I guess. All Star seems to provide some context (Dick nearly killed Hal).
>>
>>77505003
>Dick nearly killed Hal
And Bruce broke his mind
>>
Because DC didn't want one of their biggest cash cows to be portrayed as a racist lunatic?

That or Miller had left for Legendary Comics by that point.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.