[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>grow up without cable >stuck with the short weekday/weekend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: courage-the-cowardly-dog-sad.jpg (141 KB, 1231x1071) Image search: [Google]
courage-the-cowardly-dog-sad.jpg
141 KB, 1231x1071
>grow up without cable
>stuck with the short weekday/weekend blocks of Kids WB, Fox Kids, and PBS Kids
>all the kids at school talk about the latest nicktoons and CN shows
>have to pretend i've seen them too, so i'm not a total outcast
>completely missed out on childhood TV nostalgia

I want a time machine. I need to go back.
>>
>>77492255
I'm so sorry.
>>
>wanting to fit in so bad that you need to lie
So, you've been a massive faggot since you were born, op?
>>
>>77492255
there wasn't that much at the time, dude. you missed out on 90s nick, but early-00s nick and CN? not .. not a whole fuck of a lot you missed out on.
I mean yeah there were good shows, but nothing 'watercooler' to talk about, yknow? nothing with a continuous story like the anime on WB and fox
>>
>>77492255
You're lucky. Most of /co/ has crazy fetishes because of cartoons we grew up with.
>>
File: 1323043930291.jpg (24 KB, 257x253) Image search: [Google]
1323043930291.jpg
24 KB, 257x253
>>77493095
>>
>>77492255
I was in the same boat as you, except that whenever I visited my Grandma at Christmas I got to watch cable.

But yeah, TV-wise our childhoods kind of sucked
>>
>>77492255
Same here, anon.

I didn't lie about it though. I lived in a poor area so it was common.
>>
>>77492255
>Kids WB, Fox Kids, and PBS Kids
I was born in 1997, what are those?
>>
>>77493095

I went to a shitty religious private school with a bunch of asshole rich kids who all had cable. (we weren't rich, and I dunno how my parents afforded it, and my dad was an atheist, so he was pretty pissed I was going there).

You basically had to conform, or you'd end up being bullied and shunned. Ironically the teachers were the ones that bullied me the most. Good times!
>>
>>77492255
Where did you live? We had so many places to get illegal cable boxes in LA, CH 54 and 56 were my friends for a few years.
>>
>>77493461
Man, private school life like that always interested me.

I would never want to have gone though. Sounds spooky.
>>
>>77493529
And when I didn't have that I would play the same games over and over. The twin snakes was my shit, dmc 3, mgs 3.
>>
>>77492255
>tfw think modern television is shit
>haven't had cable since at least 2011
>still occasionally get mesmerized by all the shit that's currently allowed to air
>tfw 1,000% watch online and torrents now
And I'm the only one who's %100 like this that I've met.

I still can't undertsand how 45 minute gritty dramas are still a fad and that 15 of those minutes are goddamn commercials
>>
>>77493532

It was absolutely spooky, and I had so many bizarre experiences.

My 4th grade teacher demanded I pick out the hall pass that I accidentally dropped into the toilet. I asked for a glove, she told me to use my bare hand. Again, my parents paid a shitload for this school and that stupid cunt teacher expected me to stick my hand in the toilet.

Another time, my 5th grade teacher showed the class a picture of him and a man, and said

>"This is a man I love very much".

then a dumb kid blurted out "LIKE A BROTHER?"

>"No, more like how your mom and dad love each other."

This teacher was flamboyantly gay, so even as a kid I knew that he was coming out in front of the class. I just wonder why he chose to do that in a religious school that could've easily kicked him out. This was way before gay tolerance was a thing.
>>
>>77492255
I was stuck watching Star Trek: The Next Generation and Bruno the Kid.
>>
>>77492255
It's okay, OP. I never had cable either.
My TV childhood consisted of Seinfeld, Fraiser, That 70's Show, The Price is Right, Family Feud, and Judge Judy reruns. I'm okay with it though.
>>
I saw every episode of Family Matters and Home Improvement as a kid because of no cable.

No child should have to go through that.

Isn't it fucking crazy most of us grew up in a time where our entertainment options were very limited? Now they're completely limitless and we're all much more unsatisfied.
>>
>>77493768
A lot of them are honestly more of a comedy than drama.

Like SVU, that shit is hilarious.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.