[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DC has a rich universe of characters with a history of writer-driven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 29
File: DC_Versus_Marvel_1.jpg (115 KB, 396x611) Image search: [Google]
DC_Versus_Marvel_1.jpg
115 KB, 396x611
>DC has a rich universe of characters with a history of writer-driven stories, many of whom have been preserved and curated from the history of comics
>Marvel has Spider-Man, X-Men, and a whole lot of irrelevant shit nobody cared about until they started making movies about it, and they're guaranteed to give them a racelift every year

Can you really tell me any normies knew who Iron Man was before they made a movie for the NASCAR crowd about him?

DC is for people who like comics. Marvel is for people who want to be seen as people who like comics.
>>
> company wars
Fuck off

Both companies have great, mediocre, and shit comics in their history. The same people have been making comics at both companies for years
>>
File: 1447467273179.jpg (14 KB, 209x262) Image search: [Google]
1447467273179.jpg
14 KB, 209x262
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 640x671) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 640x671
>>77492006
Both companies are great. Both have there pro's and con's. Though what I hate is that how both companies copy each other. I mean come on, Marvel didn't even tried with this one!!!!
>>
I know OP is baiting but before the Iron Man movie I had never heard of Iron Man, the only Marvel heroes I knew were Spider-man and the X-men
>>
>>77492207
Yeah I knew Spider-Man, X-Men, Silver Surfer, and Hulk and thanks to the FOX cartoons

In fact the huge cast of JLU is what got me into the larger DC universe rather than a small group of characters when I first started with the comics.
>>
>>77492006
Eh, Marvel has a more defined universe and lore. DC reboots every once in a while. Don't know what the fuck are you reading, pal.
>>
>>77492006
Maximum kek
>>
>>77492006

OP is right in that DC's universe is fucking massive with its history and legacy, and that plus its general cosmology (being a hypercrisis fag) is why I've been so much more of a DC fan ever since I started reading superhero comics.

But Marvel's got a lot of stuff to enjoy about it as well, I love Daredevil and Moon Knight and generally thing that Marvel has a much more diverse cast of popular street-level heroes.
>>
>>77492337

DC books are written by writers. Marvel books are written by editors.
>>
File: plebshit.jpg (63 KB, 400x575) Image search: [Google]
plebshit.jpg
63 KB, 400x575
>DC is for people who like comics. Marvel is for people who want to be seen as people who like comics.
To be authentic, to be blunt, to be candid, to be direct, to be exact, to be frank, to be genuine, to be honest, Marvel and DC are both equally for plebs.
>>
File: a7be9pe_700b.jpg (30 KB, 520x292) Image search: [Google]
a7be9pe_700b.jpg
30 KB, 520x292
Here is a well thought out rebuttal contained in one image.
>>
>>77492902
wew lad
>>
DC keeps characters like the Metal Men around. DC is based.
>>
File: 1447568538429.jpg (518 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
1447568538429.jpg
518 KB, 1000x600
>>77492900
some1 get this badass a wine cooler to go with his clowes and hernandez brothers
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 522x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 522x375
>>77492902

So you really want to do this shit again.
>>
>>77492006
>>DC has a rich universe of characters with a history of writer-driven stories, many of whom have been preserved and curated from the history of comics

DC has literally Superman and Batman...then in terms of chracters every kid throught was uncool but knew about, GL, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman and Flash

X men by itself had way more popular characters in the 90s than DCs entire roster, you're fucking young if you thought DC was more popular than Marvel

People only began to give a shit about DC because people in the age range of 18-20 grew up with Justlice League Animated and Teen Titans, prior to that it was all about Marvel, Batman for DC and the rest of DC was considered your grandpas boring out of date horse shit

Everyone who says they didn't know Iron Man in the 90s is clueless, I knew about Iron Man because he was in popular video games and had a cartoon I watched and had action figures I bought...there were no Green Lantern figures being produced or Green Lantern video games

Even Marvels arguable D listers like Ghost Rider had toylines and popularity among kids in the 90s, DC had nothing but Batman and Superman who was considered lame
>>
>>77492337
When DC reboots it's almost always an in-story reboot, ie the old continuity still remained intact in a technical way, so it's not like the DCU loses its lore every time a reboot occurs.
>>
File: DisappointedHoovy.png (213 KB, 646x361) Image search: [Google]
DisappointedHoovy.png
213 KB, 646x361
>>77492006
>Giving a heck about what normies think
>>
>>77492902
Don't try it!
>>
File: X-Men 007 - Inside...Out! - 17.jpg (944 KB, 1024x1244) Image search: [Google]
X-Men 007 - Inside...Out! - 17.jpg
944 KB, 1024x1244
>>77495662

>he thinks his own personal experience is everyones.

i know exactly what youre talking about to the point i bet we're the same age but have some fucking perspective, the 92 x-men series and that garbage iron man one didn't make them household names
>>
Company wars shit is always pointless since they're basically the same.

Except when talking about the 90's.
The decade was much kinder to DC than Marvel.
>>
>>77495770
The X-Men were certainly household names by the mid to late 90s anon. Remember, X-men #1 is the best-selling comic in the history of the industry.
>>
File: kenner-super-powers-checklist.jpg (106 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
kenner-super-powers-checklist.jpg
106 KB, 700x465
>>77495662
>prior to that it was all about Marvel
what the fuck are you smoking

Literally no one in the nineties knew shit about Marvel besides X-Men and Spider-Man. Shit like the Iron Man cartoon were only made to compete with DC's outright domination of that market. You're also conveniently forgetting that DC had a shitload of animated and live action series back in the 60s,70s, and 80s.

>Even Marvels arguable D listers like Ghost Rider had toylines and popularity among kids in the 90s, DC had nothing but Batman and Superman who was considered lame

There is a different between "having a toyline" and "Having a successful toyline." Swamp Thing had a toyline too.
>>
>no one's mentioned that the Hulk had a successful live action show
>>
>>77495861
Friendly reminder that Marvel has been dominating the comic book market since the mid 60s and you are full of shit.
>>
>>77495882
This. Everyone and their mothers knew The Hulk before either of his films.
>>
>>77495770
The X-Men cartoon is probably the reason most people know the X-Men nowadays. It was legitimately good, too.

Comparing X-Men TaS to BTaS is actually a good comparison for Marvel and DC. X-Men is the more pulpy "throw everything in" type of series, while BTaS is the more auteur show.

Unlike a lot of Marvel's stuff, though, it's handled really well in the X-Men cartoon. It's a solid showing.

The Silver Surfer cartoon is good, too, but it could have done with a little more room to breath (since it was limited to just one season.) They managed to do a good job making a more thoughtful and introspective series, but that's probably why it was cancelled.
>>
File: XForce1_cover.jpg (963 KB, 1988x1522) Image search: [Google]
XForce1_cover.jpg
963 KB, 1988x1522
>>77495890
Real easy to sell books when you aren't concerned with quality tbqh senpai
>>
>>77495956
Bullshit. If dc was indeed better than marvel they would compete with them.

But the "dc is better" meme has gotten old and stale. It was funny in the beginning where some dc fans brought up Kingdom Come and Final Crisis as great stories but it became tiresome soon.
>>
>>77496005

I'm sure it has, since there hasn't ever been a decent Marvel book.
>>
>>77496005
And I guess Gangam Style is the GOAT song?
>>
>>77496052
>>77496056
>still posting memes
>>
File: Zoom bait.jpg (107 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Zoom bait.jpg
107 KB, 720x404
>>77492006
>>Marvel has a rich universe of characters with a history of writer-driven stories, many of whom have been preserved and curated from the history of comics
>>DC has Batman, Superman, and a whole lot of irrelevant shit nobody cares about
>Can you really tell me any normies knew who Green Lantern was before they made a movie for the NASCAR crowd about him?
>Marvel is for people who like comics. DC is for people who want to be seen as people who like comics.
What a stupid post.
>>
File: Ms. Marvel (2014-) 006-013.jpg (714 KB, 1600x1357) Image search: [Google]
Ms. Marvel (2014-) 006-013.jpg
714 KB, 1600x1357
>>77496005
>This is what good writing looks like
>>
>>77496097
This book is still better than anything in DCYou
>>
Jesus Christ, how many of you Marvel fags are this delusional? NOBODY knew who the fuck Iron man, Captain America, Black Widow, Vision, etc. were BEFORE THE MCU. And all you fags who are planning to post pictures of toy sales from the 90's or whatever, don't bother, because of course us comic fags on /co/ are gonna know about toylines for shitty unknown characters but go on the street and ask a random person for the same information, and I guarantee you they aren't gonna know what your talking about.

Now that's not to say Marvel didn't have successful characters because they had Spider-Man (their only character that could match the iconic stature of Superman and Batman), X-Men which was really popular with kids, and even Hulk was mildly known to the general public before the mcu.

So I'm sure DC fans are happy for your success but please stop with this mind numbingly stupid delusion that anyone cared about the real Marvel brand before the mcu came to be.
>>
>>77496097
>Wolverine

absolutely no sense of irony over there at marvel, huh?
>>
>>77496139
This faggot was butthurt before the thread was even started lol

Hey doofus, you do realise that batman and Wonder Woman owe a huge chunk of their popularity to the 60s tv shows, don't you? It's the same thing.
>>
>>77496139
When I was little I thought Thor was a made-up character created for the movie Adventures in Babysitting. There's a little girl with a Thor helmet in it who talks about him all the time.

It wasn't until years later that I found out that Thor was an actual superhero. THAT'S how iconic Marvel characters were in the 80's-90's
>>
>>77496162
Fag. What're you talking about? I was simply replying to dumb asinine comments being made in this thread.
>>
>>77496162
...and?
>>
File: 52twelve.jpg (45 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
52twelve.jpg
45 KB, 300x450
>tfw Isis is more iconic than people like Namor and Iron Fist
>>
>>77496182
Interesting. Was Thor as Iconic as Batman and Superman?
>>
>>77496097
True, pop culture references automatically make something garbage.

Fuck the Looney Tunes.
>>
>>77496218
Uh...no. That's why I literally didn't know he existed for years.
>>
File: SQGIRL2015B001_Cover.jpg (415 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
SQGIRL2015B001_Cover.jpg
415 KB, 900x1366
>>77496219
Defend this.
>>
>>77496194
if you fail to see the fallacy, it's not my problem
>>
>>77496252
>"Marvel was unpopular in the nineties"
>"NUH UH BATMAN WAS POPULAR IN THE 60s"

wew lad
>>
>>77496235
Oh. Lol I guess I misread your entire statement then
>>
>>77496116
I like Kamala but come on now, Martian Manhunter and Omega Men are better.
>>
>>77496216
>no New 52 Isis being madly in love with Adam
Gayest of all gay Earths.
>>
>>77496274
>nobody knew who ironman is before the mcu
>nobody knew who ww was before her 60s show

sorry retard, i didn't know i had to spell it out for you. but then again, you're a dc reader, why did I expect any better?
>>
I don't like how wacky Marvel comics are
>>
Will Marvel still sell well after thier most recent price raise?
>>
They are both good in there own rights, how very marvels universe syncs together way better than dcs, but DC gave us joker..Def the greatest villain of all time. So they are both equal.
>>
>>77496319
>marvels universe syncs together way better than dcs
even with the X-Men, Avengers and Inhumans? people here are always complaining about how these titles don't mesh well
>>
>>77496182
Um Thor is a god. Lol marvel straight jacked him from mythology. Love marvel but damn that must have been real easy, just take him from Norse mythology as is and make him an avenger...done. lmao
>>
>>77496339
I dare say X-Men could work perfectly fine on alternate Earth where mutants are only powered people.
>>
>>77496339
In the comics they do, even the fantastic 4 fit in, but the movies are done by 2 different studios..it's kinda fucking up there shit right now, they need to reacquire the xmen from Sony and fantastic 4 from fox, would make the movie-verse gel better if done under one production house
>>
>>77496339
No, they don't.

Spider-Man and X-Men are Marvel's most DC like properties. Like, they exist in their own corners of the universe with their own supporting casts, much like DC's properties.

Characters come out and interact with the rest of the universe, but stories inside that book's continuity generally have little effect on the rest of the world.

Compare the rest of Marvel's canon, though. Most characters only have a small number of characters they interact with who aren't other capes or part of a shared cast. They're less about individual stories, and more about building the universe.
>>
>>77496373
I don't think Marvel characters interact well. Whenever they team up you get stupid shit like Ghost Rider's penance stare not working on the Punisher
>>
>>77496358
>>77496358
Wolverine is later on an avenger with spiderman and Franklin Richards who is Mr fantastic and invisible woman's kid becomes one of the most powerful beings in marvel, attracts Thanos and galactus as well as some ancients..I think I just tied them together pretty well for u. That's the comics though, the movies are different..
>>
>>77496415
How to do a Marvel team up
>What if Everyone was (Some Other Hero)?
>>
>>77496415
They are both marvel knights not superheroes so it kinda doesn't count but I know what you mean
>>
>>77496438
>>77496428
>>77496349

Guy, look. I know you're pretending to be retarded to make Marveldrones look stupid, but you're just making the rest of us look bad.

At least make it less obvious ffs
>>
>>77496463
Lmfao believe whatever u want man, u should actually maybe look it up a little, im not trolling lol. Seriously look it up fucktard. Literally everything I said is verifiable. Do u even comic bro? Or did u just get into it after the movies? Hahaha

Marvel knights are vigilantes - they aren't working to build any of the marvel verse. And everything I said about wolverine as well as Franklin Richards is true too..I own the comics that it's from. Ur probably gonna argue about Thor losing his power and not being worthy later on or about beta ray bill having stormbreaker as well. Whatever pleb, goodnight I'm out.
>>
>>77496139
> NOBODY knew who the fuck Iron man, Captain America

Right. I remember all the big video games back in the 90s that featured The Flash and Aquaman
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-16-03-53-16.png (712 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-16-03-53-16.png
712 KB, 1080x1920
>>77496463
Just to orove one point. Now I'm really off to bed..peace.
>>
>>77496463
Oh and one last thing? I noticed how u replied to my Thor post as well..u really arguing he's a Norse god? Lmfao we have a fucking day of the week named after him tool bag. Marvel really didn't try at all there.
>>
>>77496511
>Blackheart and Shuma-Gorath
Were they really popular back then?
>>
>>77496544
No, apparently the Japs love Shuma (wonder why)

Point is though, me and all my friends knew who Cap and Iron Man were...I realize this is only my experience, but who the fuck elses experience am I supposed to go by? I only know about me and my neighborhood and we all knew them
>>
>>77496511
>Using a niche game to try and sell Marvel's popularity during the '90s.
>>
>>77496544
They were never popular
>>
Why does everyone forget about the Iron-Man cartoon, of course wasn't THAT obscure
>>
>>77496617
>fighting games in the 90s
>niche

somebody is 18-20 years old
>>
>>77496666
Because the Iron Man cartoon, much like every Fantastic 4 cartoon, was shit compared to the X-Men and Spider-Man. Marvel animation has always been lackluster when you compare it to DCs.
>>
>>77496673
Fighting games have always been niche. Don't try to kid yourself into thinking otherwise.
>>
Why does everyone have to fight about which one is better? I like them both well enough. I'm a Marvelfag at heart, despite how genuinely awful they are these days, but can also appreciate DC too.

Honestly, siding with one company and vehemently hating the opposing company is very childish. I'd know, I used to think that way when I was a kid. We each have reasons for being attracted to one side or another. Me personally, the designs of Marvel characters just appealed to me more back then. That's how I decided a lot of things back then too and it kind of is these days too.
Limiting which comics you read is only hurting yourself, you know.
>>
>>77496700
>>77496617

>learned the word "niche" last week
>has used it a bazillion times since
>he still doesn't understand its meaning

niche is the new edgy
>>
>>77496666
Because it wasn't as popular as Spider-Man or X-Men, but that doesn't matter. It existed, therefor people knew about it....just like Fantastic Four wasn't exactly hugely POPULAR compared to Spider-Man or X-Men, they were still known by pretty much all kids who watched those networks

Hell I remember a McDonalds happy meal in mid 90s that had I believe a mix of Spidey, X MEN, F4 and Hulk, possibly even Iron Man

You wouldn't have seen a Happy Meal promotion back then with Aquaman or Martian Manhunter, Marvel had some characters more popular than others back then but literally the ONLY DC characters who had any promotion of any kind pre 00s were Supes and Bats

I think a lot of people mistake the 90s for the 00s sometimes too
>>
>>77496700
Once again, you are obviously too young to actually know what it was like in the 90's. I'm willing to bet you're too young to even know what it was like to have an arcade scene. Fighting games were probably as popular as FPS games are now, back then they were "the" competitive game crowd since nothing else really existed in bulk
>>
>Marvel has Spider-Man, X-Men, and a whole lot of irrelevant shit
Stopped reading here. Way to be a biased tribal-warfare faggot, OP.
>>
>>77496736
The difference is that Marvel was always Top Jew in trying to sell shit to people
>>
>>77496879
Well that's what a company should do, but that's very much why Marvel was more well known in the 90s as a whole while people only knew Batman and Superman from DC.

It could be argued DC took that spot in the early 00s since the Justice League and Teen Titans cartoons while Marvel seemed to stop promoting a lot of characters, but by the late 00s it became just about equal.
>>
Moon Knight >>>>>>>>>>>shit>batman.
>>
>>77496319
>joker
>GOAT villain
get your plebshit off my board
>>
>>77496216
>DC will never had massive event-like based comics like Fifty-two again

Forever Evil was the closest we would get. Feels bad man.

Also to the OP:
If you enjoy capeshit, both companies have good and bad stuff, stop choking on dicks.
>>
>>77492006
>DC is for people who like comics. Marvel is for people who want to be seen as people who like comics.
This is sadly true.
>>
>>77497196
Hey, can't we agree that they are both currently shit and move on?
Lets go read something else for the next 4 years and hope the cancer has gone away by then.
>>
>>77497211
No.
>>
>>77497196
DC is for people who like Batman, since it's the only comics they have worth reading and atm those even suck.
>>
>>77497229
Objectively wrong.
>>
>>77497211
>Hey, can't we agree that they are both currently shit and move on?

But DC isn't shit. Marvel is, but that's no big change for them.
>>
>>77497232
If you're one of the retards who thinks DC has good characters other than Batman, I suppose from your skewed view it would be
>>
>>77492006
I used to be normie as fuck and I knew who Iron man was because of the cartoon
https://youtu.be/JBbnT-cIDVM
>>
>>77497281
Nice (shit)posting, m8.
>>
>>77497281
Does it even matter when Moon Knight, Daredevil, and Punisher are all far better street level characters than pleb tier Batman anyway?
>>
>>77497315
>Moon Knight
>Not a Literally Who

>Daredevil
>Not a shitty spiderman rip-off

>Punisher
>The man so bad they had to send him to Archie and turn him into Frankenstein to make him interesting

kek
>>
>>77497332
Liking Batman is basically liking Nickelback, aka pleb tier
>>
>>77497332
Bendis just got REKT
>>
>>77497332
>>Daredevil
>>Not a shitty spiderman rip-off
>Punisher
>The man so bad they had to send him to Archie and turn him into Frankenstein to make him interesting

Here's how I know you don't really read comics.

Frankencastle was hated everywhere by everyone who didn't actually sat and read it.
>>
>>77497368
>says the marvelfag
>>
>>77497379
I meant they TRIED to make him interesting. Didn't mean it worked.
>>
>>77497396
You proved my point. Casuals don't know Moon Knight, Batman is king of casuals.
>>
DCs universe is massive but they ret con it every ten years so it lacjs contnuity abd ends up feeling like writers just make shit up as they go along.

Marvel has more continuity. Every character has a defined history no matter how convoluted so tge universe feels "older." Marvel comics are less casual.
>>
>>77497404
Actual great arc that you didn't read yet you shit over it. Wash my hands over this one.
>>
>>77497431
Spoken like a true pleb.
>>
>>77492847
oath
>>
>>77497427
>Marvel comics are less casual.
wut
>>
>>77497440
I actually read comics, you shit over them without reading. You are the definition of /co/'s shitposting pleb.
>>
File: 273325-56231-one-more-day.jpg (54 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
273325-56231-one-more-day.jpg
54 KB, 640x640
>>77497427
>>
File: squirrel-girl.jpg (83 KB, 633x537) Image search: [Google]
squirrel-girl.jpg
83 KB, 633x537
>>77497459
Marvel doesn't make comics. They make toilet paper.
>>
>>77497465
>>77497463
fucking hitting below the belt, man
>>
>>77497463
>>77497465

As a DC fag I'm glad we have adult contemporary stories like this, when I listen to my insane clown posse records it's a perfect match
>>
>>77492006
What is taste?
Does it differ?
Is it subjective?
>>
File: nBzVZ.jpg (146 KB, 620x961) Image search: [Google]
nBzVZ.jpg
146 KB, 620x961
>>77497489
As a Marvelfag, I have to disagree. Here at Marvel Comics we have a wide selection of mature comics for mature readers such as myself.
>>
>>77497463

Like I said, no matter how convoluted One More Day is still part of Spiderman's history in 616 (Marvels main universe).
>>
>>77497511
But is that what's best for the story?

It's worth noting that Marvel doesn't do standalone stories. Everything has to tie into their continuity, because every book is meant to enrich the overall brand rather than be a work that can stand on its own.
>>
>>77497531
Of course not.
>>
>>77492095
Shut up with your, "reason"! /co/ dont give a shit about that!
>>
File: 1447122467320.gif (721 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1447122467320.gif
721 KB, 280x280
>>77497489
My gjd, are you implying that she being spanked by Gordon is worst than Unbeatble Squirreldown, Whor or OMD?

Are you desesperate?
>>
>>77497700
I don't know if you have picked up on it, but both companies have good stories and absolute fucking trash comics, it's just that Marvel's bad books get more hate as people actually buy and read them
>>
>>77497792
Yes, I know, this entire discussion is stupid.

But Duela at least is presented as a try hard "edgy" teenager who get bitchslaped, while Marvel highlight the other examples that the guy tried to counter.
>>
>>77492006
It all depends what you're exposed to. When I was a kid I only knew Batman, Superman, Robin, Flash and Wonder Woman in that event on the DC side. Had no idea who Lobo was, or Captain Marvel, or much if anything about Aquaman.

Marvel side I knew everyone except Namor.
>>
>>77492337
I never understood this as a positive or negative. It's not like Marvel hasn't had a ton of retcons, and DC hasn't done tons of callbacks to its Golden Age heroes with JSA.

DC's reboots aren't even full on reboots, Bats & GL stood mostly the same throughout both reboots. Even now, major events that happened to characters still happened, and shit like Last Laugh and Identity Crisis are wiped way.

Meanwhile Spiderman selling his marriage to Satan and getting keked by Norman Osborne is still going strong.
>>
File: Jokette.jpg (121 KB, 500x674) Image search: [Google]
Jokette.jpg
121 KB, 500x674
>>77492006

This entire discussion is bulshit.

But one thing is true: DC these days has much more production values, and is trying to put good things on the market, while Marvel is at best...increbidly lazy.

You can gather to a new and casual audience, without trying to remove your old one.

But Marvel is constantly ignoring the fans that they manage to get, always switching to the new fad and gimmicks, which with time makes people break up with them and search for other companies.
>>
>>77498135
Does Marvel even refrence their past that much? The impretion that I get is that they are always ignoring it, so the writter can tell whatever the fuck he wants, and make the characters act OOC for the sake of his vision, disregarding previous interactions.
>>
Nobody fucking reads comics you nerd.
>>
>>77498190
That's mostly Bendis and Humphries ignoring all past character development. Many authors do reference older stories
>>
>>77498190
Yeah it feels like character consistency is optional at Marvel
>>
>>77498205
So, hey, how's that Wonder Woman going?

I love how everything from Azzarello's run is being continued without contradiction in all other Wonder Woman appearances including in her own book.

Fuck you I'm still salty, no other book has had such a drastic fall in such a short period in recent times
>>
>>77498203
>>77498205

Like, Iron Man characterization is all over the place, withou any clear pregression. The x-men also are so weird on their relationship with their villains.

One time, a guy s trying to kill them and all the humans, other time, they act like he is their BFF, or the character suddenly turn from the other side becoming villain out of a sudden, and it keep happening and happening. Hell, seems that they will continue this cycle by making Hope a villain.

Its like Arsenal/Red Arrow level of convoluted, but with BIG names, instead with secondary characters.
>>
>>77498239
To be honest, Azzarello's run is great and make a lot of sense.
>>
>>77498265
Iron Man's ongoings are just shit. All of them. It's like none of the writers read the previous ongoings either.

The secret origin of Tony Stark was some serious stupid story, what the fuck
>>
>>77492006
I started to appreciate DC recently.
The problem of DC is that they never pandered to the audience the way marvel does. Their character are obscure, but are really fun to read.

Also, marvel has better business sense than DC
>>
>>77492006

I am a DC + X-Men, Spiderman and Fantastic 4 fan.
I never cared and will never care at all about the Avengers.

I agree on DC being better than Marvel, but DC has a much smaller universe.

Imagine an X-Men fighting game whose plot is Mojo kidnapped X-Men (and former x-men) and is making them fight on his tv channel for rating.

It would be easier to think of a very large roster of X-Men characters than a very large roster of DC heroes.

DC doesnt have many team books, and in its biggest team book, Green Lantern, the humans are mary sues in comparison to the alien green lanterns.

Bzzd or Dex Starr could have been as big as rocket raccoon but DC always kills those cool non human characters.
>>
>>77492902
Ugh, this 'le edgy' pic. I've some managed to scratch myself on the unholy edges that make up this digital picture
>>
File: 1397777706456[2].jpg (31 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1397777706456[2].jpg
31 KB, 433x419
>DC fags seriously think anybody ever cared about anyone but superman and batman
>>
>>77498190
Marvel NEVER references their past. Their history and lore is pretty shallow compared to DCs.
>>
>>77497182
The only villain that is truly evil just to be evil. No origin and no desire in power, he just wants to cause chaos. That's a true villain. Get your 12 yr old ass some fucking perspective before you open your mouth. Didn't say he was the strongest or most entertaining. He is just the truest of villains. Go watch some more movies, leave the comics to people who know shit tool.
>>
>>77499092
>What was an entire animated series universe that did incredibly well.

If you are under 21 you know nothing. You people grew up in the age of these Marvel movies.
>>
>>77499224

How can Marvel be more shallow when New 52 is currently working off the idea Superheroes appeared 5 years ago? Yhe New 52 is the definition of casual.
>>
Arguably true before the Nu52. DC had a GOAT period from 1985 through to about 2005. Marvel have shit all over since the early 2000s though in terms of talent.
>>
>>77492902
And maturity comes when your opinion is not based on actions of fictional characters.
>>
File: marvelousmovies.jpg (199 KB, 1024x480) Image search: [Google]
marvelousmovies.jpg
199 KB, 1024x480
I know back in 1950 The Distinguished Competition was the bees knees but nobody gives a fuck about any non-Batman shit from them. Get with the times. It's a Marvel Universe, we're just living in it.
>>
>>77496116
>This book is still better than anything in DCYou
Martian Manhunter, Cyborg & Darkseid war are a billion light years better you worthless piece of fucking trash and I am just meh on Cyborg so that is saying something.
>>
>>77492847
>DC books are written by writers
>DC editorial drives off most of their talent in the first three years of the New 52 because of too much editorial control
Eh? Although yes, historically, Marvel has been more editorially controlled than DC. Shooter-era was the best era and that was heavy on the editorial mandating.
>>
>>77496248
Why would I? USG is garbage. Just because Ms. Marvel is good doesn't suddenly make USG any less awful.
>>
File: jokercarnage.jpg (211 KB, 761x1200) Image search: [Google]
jokercarnage.jpg
211 KB, 761x1200
>>77499227
>he just wants to cause chaos.
No that would be Carnage...the Marvel character DC is now turning Joker into

>leave the comics to people who know shit tool.
Yeah, take your own advice.
>>
>>77499477
Hey dumbass that's not how it works. Everything that happened before is still canon, it just happened pre crisis in another Multiverse. That shit still gets referenced and most of it is still canon. DC doesn't hard reboot because of the concept of the Mulitiverse. That stuff just happened pre crisis but it still happened. It's not like they reboot it and the crisis was didn't occur. The reboot occurred because of the crisis in universe.

You've clearly only been reading comics since post new 52 though.
>>
>>77492006
Stupid people like you are why I rarely get on here. Also, people who say the word normie are just mad that people have beat them up their entire lives. They beat you up because you're a faggot.
>>
>>77499982
>WAHHH IM A MARVEL BABY
>>
File: Deathwing01.jpg (87 KB, 665x465) Image search: [Google]
Deathwing01.jpg
87 KB, 665x465
>>77495956
>Real easy to sell books when you aren't concerned with quality

I no, rite?
>>
>>77495861

>Spidey live-action show
>Dr. Strange pilot
>Hulk live-action series
>Captain America TV movies
>Stealth pilots with Daredevil & Thor
>Nick Fury TV Movie (or was that 90s? I forget)

Marvel also had multiple cartoons in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, including several Spider-Mans, Marvel Superheroes Show (which had Iron Man ad Thor, among other), a couple Fantastic Fours, and one Spider-Woman.
>>
>>77496248

It's hilarious, and it pisses off waifufags.
>>
>>77496290

I wouldn't be publishing a character named "ISIS" right now.
>>
>>77492006
>DC had a rich universe

fixed that for you.
>>
>>77496358

You aren't the only one.
>>
>>77496700

>Fighting Games
>Niche

Pick one.
>>
>>77492006
Good job OP, everyone felt for your bait perfectly.
>>
>>77492006
Bait-O-Meter: 7 out of 10

False assumptions, personal opinion presented as fact (with minimum conviction for that nice bouquet of shit-stirring; bonus points!) and plenty of gratuitous insults. A fine mid-tier example of the form.
>>
>>77492207
>>77492328
Yes, its just who got a series or animation.
I knew more Marvel thx to the animations. DC only from the reruns series. Maybe later Superman and Batman foes thx to the DC animated series.
Got more into the DC heroes thx to "Marvel vs. DC" and JLU.
You are right, its just what medium you encounter by accident.
>>
>>77500599
>>77500601
Except yknow it is completely true.

You read Marvel for human characters with real problems.

You read DC for heroes with deep lore and great stories.
>>
As an American growing up in the 90s, I knew of the British Avengers TV show long before I knew about Marvel's Avengers.
>>
>>77496319
> how very marvels universe syncs together way better than dcs
>One earth has metahumans
>And some people who could consider their metahuman ability as a disability
>People like all of them and have no qualms with the idea of the meta gene
>One earth has metahuman and mutants
>Metahumans=Good
>Unless they're a mutant
>In which we inexplicably hate them now.
>>
>>77499477
>What is Hypercrisis/time
Years from now, the Marvel continuity will be so fucked up because of it's sliding continuity (I mean how old is Reed now?) while DC's continuities will be neatly preserved in their own time bubbles free to age and beckoned anytime they're needed for a story (Like the JSA story with Earth-2 JSA or Kingdom Come Superman)
>>
>>77500105
It'd be better if you actually used an image of a bad DC book that sold.
>>
>>77501695
I didn't say it was perfect but it does sync better than DC and there spin offs..although I do enjoy those too..ehh I guess I'm just a comic nerd who loves both DC and marvel lol
>>
>>77499264
>>What was an entire animated series universe that did incredibly well.
an entire universe carried by batman only to make batman look better
>>
I like both Marvel and DC, but Marvel's quality has kind of slipped since the movies based on it's properties became huge blockbusters since the Disney merger. Which isn't to say that DC hasn't fucked up too. New 52 & DC You, in theory, were good ideas but they were trying to attract a market that either wasn't there or was already too invested in Marvel to care
>>
>>77502407
Kek yeah STAS, JL, and JLU were all sure carried solely by Batman. Fuck right off 2000sfag.
>>
>>77492006
>Marvel comics didn't exist before the movies
Sounds like you're the only one who pretends to like comics here chief.
>>
>>77492328
Silver Surfer is such a strange pop culture anomaly. Like half of all celebrities and of course tons I know in real life cite him as their favorite superhero despite knowing nothing about him except that he's silver and he surfs, which isn't unusual among casual fans, but what is unusual is that I can't figure out where the fuck everyone seems to know him from.

His cartoon was not popular and he wasn't in any movie until FF2. He doesn't appear often in comics compared to someone like Iron Man or Thor or even Hawkeye. I know he had a brief popularity with potheads in the 60's but so did Dr. Strange and no one knows him.

So how in the hell does every mother fucker know who Silver Surfer is?
>>
>>77502864
>potheads in the 60s

That's why. He's had a bit more push than Dr. Strange, but yeah. The majority of Marvel's success is built on appealing to a niche or countercultural force every decade or so.
>>
File: 1060723.jpg (95 KB, 400x616) Image search: [Google]
1060723.jpg
95 KB, 400x616
>>77502864
What draws me to Silver Surfer, isn't so much the character itself but the world and lore around him. And that's where his comics are at their strongest

Marvel's cosmic universe is seriously some kind of amazing and it's kind of sad that DC's own side of the spectrum isn't nearly as fleshed out
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.