[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flapjack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: fapjack.jpg (20 KB, 328x266) Image search: [Google]
fapjack.jpg
20 KB, 328x266
Was the show actually good? I remember seeing this promo which felt like a classic 90s and that the show might be good, but I was disappointed and havent seen it since
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKHqXevWtpc
>>
>>77488808
hit and miss

mostly hit
>>
>>77488808
I thought it sucked ass a a kid, came back as an adult and I loved it.
>>
>>77488808
pretty good stuff. occasionally about 75-percent-of-ren-and-stimpy-tier grossout retardery, but mostly making sense in the context of the setting. A solid precursor to adventure time, along with chowder. it was nice seeing cartoons that could be sweet and cuddly and take place in dirty dark dangerous scenarios
>>
>>77488808
Pretty great cartoon all around and a damn shame that it fucking disappeared.

You can't buy this show anywhere, and you can't even steal it well. Never found a torrent for the series, just incomplete seasons in poor quality.
>>
>>77488808
I liked it a lot. Definitely a precursor of Adventure Time/Regular Show, and I mean that in a good way.
>>
>>77488808
Probably my most favorite cartoon. Shame no one ever talks about it, though.
>>
File: tumblr_nwfzctkXEv1uis5slo1_250.png (61 KB, 205x244) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwfzctkXEv1uis5slo1_250.png
61 KB, 205x244
>>77489136
>Kid
>Premiered in 2008
>>
>>77489936
>Born in 1994
>14 when it premiered
>21 now
Is 14 not a kid to you or is 21 no an adult?
>>
File: 721680_1305814162454_full.jpg (53 KB, 836x637) Image search: [Google]
721680_1305814162454_full.jpg
53 KB, 836x637
This is probably one of my all time favourite visual gags that I've ever seen in a cartoon.
>>
Flapjack is sincerely god-tier in every sense. Fuck the plebs who think it's too abrasive.
>>
Haven't watched it in years, but it was definitely something I appreciated at the time.

>>77489936
That means 18 year olds were 11 when at the time. Definitely kids.
>>
>>77490011
what the fuck
babyfaced?
>>
>>77488808
I thought I'd hate this show but loved it from the first episode I saw. It's sort of the New Adventures of Mighty Mouse of the current era of animation.

I think it's still available in its entirety on Hulu. But only there. Nobody seems to care enough to give it a proper home video release.

The creator is the nicest guy you'll ever meet too. He faved even the weirdest and lewdest fanart simply because he loves the idea that others wanted to make it at all
>>
>>77490324
>still available in its entirety on Hulu
welp, i know what i'm doing next weekend
>>
I adored Flapjack from start to finish. It was charming, funny and weird as hell. Kind of like Spongebob, but it ended while it was still good
>>
Did they ever find candy island?
>>
I'm still not entirely sold on it, but it was definitely a well-crafted show

Also, basically every show that /co/ likes now has someone who got their start on Flapjack, so if i can't like it for what it is, i can like it for helping AT and SU become things
>>
>>77489992
I consider 14 to be more of teen but w/e
>>
I loved the grit and dirty feel to this show.
>>
>>77491467
Yeah man in the episode when they were on the moon. Flapjack even got a taste
>>
>>77488808
It was fine when it aired but i think Chowder was better, but when Adventure time come out it just blow them all off
>>
>>77488808
Pun Times with Punsy McHale makes this whole series worth it.

There was a lot of pretty good episodes though. Basically filthy old sailor stories for kids.
>>
The first few episodes were obnoxious, but it got to the point where it was seriously one of the best cartoons ever. Not a fan of the gross-out humor, however
>>
>>77488808
Pun Times with Punsie McKale it's a gem.
>>
File: black man wearing vault suit.jpg (48 KB, 499x668) Image search: [Google]
black man wearing vault suit.jpg
48 KB, 499x668
>>77488808
>that plague episode
>that episode with the hair monsters
>>
>>77490324
>It's sort of the New Adventures of Mighty Mouse of the current era of animation.

Glad I'm not the only one whose made such an observation
>>
File: Irmão do Jorel.png (1 MB, 1123x632) Image search: [Google]
Irmão do Jorel.png
1 MB, 1123x632
>>77488808
The Brazillian Flabjack is WAY BETTER than this show.
>>
>>77489936
>tumblr
>post-season 1 superjail!

who's the kid
>>
>>77488808
YOU'RE BEUTIEOUS
>>
>>77488808
It was okay. I remember watching it when I was younger and not liking it as much as Chowder. I never liked gross-out shows, which is why I stopped watching Chowder, too, because that turned into a grossout shitfest as it went on
>>
>>77489936
>>Premiered in 2008
I was 12-year-old, dude. I've enjoyed that show.
>>
>>77498050
WHAT'S THIS SHOW?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.