[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I consider this to be the first major publicity stunt the Simpsons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: Large_Marge_promo.jpg (53 KB, 503x599) Image search: [Google]
Large_Marge_promo.jpg
53 KB, 503x599
I consider this to be the first major publicity stunt the Simpsons ever pulled.
>>
I'm pretty sure Maude was killed off to spite her VA before this happened, so that was closer to being (one of) the first. And the Critic crossover. Probably other stuff I can't think of right now too.

This is a really fucking bad episode though; that musical number is so awkward to sit through.
>>
File: Who_shot_Mr._Burns.png (734 KB, 600x912) Image search: [Google]
Who_shot_Mr._Burns.png
734 KB, 600x912
>>77476606
Ok. I mean, it definitely wasn't, but it's ok that you think that.
>>
File: it was the baby.jpg (114 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
it was the baby.jpg
114 KB, 960x540
>>77476606
> first
>>
>>77476655
>>77476644
How the fuck did I forget this
>>
>>77476655
>>77476663
I forgot 1-800-COLLECT was ever a thing.
>>
File: Billy and the Cloneasaurus.jpg (181 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Billy and the Cloneasaurus.jpg
181 KB, 800x1200
>>77476655
>>77476658
That's four seasons after the crossover with Spinal Tap (which was kind of huge) and the Michael Jackson appearance (which was definitely huge).

Plus they had celebrities appearing as themselves right from the start, when celebrity VAs was a big deal and a total publicity stunt.

I mean what were you thinking? This is a show that basically built the FOX network as a subscription service and allowed the Murdochs to turn the failing 20th Century Fox studio into a competitive, successful major producer of film and television media.

>>77476644
The Critic was season 6, but it was more of the biggest stunt the Critic ever pulled than a stunt for the Simpsons.
>>
>>77476606
>there's a scene in this episode where Homer tittfucks marge then falls off the bed.
>>
>>77478838
>the only stunt the Critic ever pulled
ftfy
>>
>>77478944
I think I would remember that
>>
>>77479323
It was heavily implied implied
>>
>>
>>77476655
What if someone would have guessed Maggie did it? Would they just switch to the Smithers ending?
>>
>>77479830
People did guess Maggie did it; apparently someone had the right solution posted up on one of those Usenet Simpsons groups like 15 minutes after Part 1 first aired. Pretty sure the actual contest aspect was somehow rigged so that someone who never even watched the show ended up winning.

The Smithers and other endings were animated so that they could be "leaked" to news stations etc. before Part 2 aired, to see if any of them would be falsely reported, but apparently no one took the bait.
>>
File: The_Simpsons_Sing_the_Blues.gif (14 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
The_Simpsons_Sing_the_Blues.gif
14 KB, 300x298
>>77476606
You really didn't think this through, OP
>>
>>77480244
who actually finds their voices appealing to listen to?
>>
>>77480018

it wasn't rigged it was no one who entered through it guessed right so they had to give it to some rando
>>
>>77480018
>>77480511
They were legally obligated to have one winner, but no one who called in guessed Maggie
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.