[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm still boycotting Comixology after they removed the ability
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Comixology.jpg (55 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
Comixology.jpg
55 KB, 851x315
I'm still boycotting Comixology after they removed the ability to purchase in-app on iPad.

Any other buyfags still on the boycott?
>>
>iFag

you dug your own grave
>>
>>77475624
>Have AndroidMasterRace
>Big Two both still have Comixology connect apps that allow for in-app purchases (purchase it in their app, it will be in your universal Comixology library)
>only purchase stuff during huge sales/monthly series that need the support
>>
No, I remember the creators themselves said they got more money via browser purchases so even when it had in-app payments I bought through the normal internet. That is more important to me than whether Apple or Amazon gets my money.
>>
>>77475624
Why isn't anybody boycotting how the comics are as expensive as paperbacks? A person might as well buy the real thing.
>>
>>77475725
Because we're smart enough to be like >>77475647 and only buy during sales or exclusively for struggling books.

Though the 99 cent digital firsts are a decent placebo (makes you feel like they're cheaper but you're still paying $4 a month on 30 pages).
>>
>using shitty Apple products
>paying for comics that aren't independently published by the creator
>paying for capeshit from the big two
>reading capeshit at all

Kill yourself.
>>
>>77475725
I actually think the comics tend to look better on my screen then cheap paper books.
>>
I live in Europe so that extra fee probably comes off the higher price. And the taxes too.

I'm still thinking about subscribing to series that need all the supposrt they can get. Right now that's only Jem, but I want to exapand it to stuff like Rat Queens, Lumberjanes and Giant Days. Zodiac Starforce too if it's successful enough.

I just love how I get everything I sunscribe to the morning of its release day, in local time! As a european I'm always a full 12 hours ahead of the entire U.S.!

...maybe that's why DC scans are always so much more early every wednesday than everything else.
>>
Speaking of, do you get e-mail updates if a comic on your wishlist goes on sale?

Or do I need to turn on getting mail about the rest of the crap I don't care about for that?
>>
>>77475725
Actually if you buy digitally, the cut Amazon takes is still smaller than the combined costs of printing and letting Diamond fuck you in the ass.

So the artists get more money from digital sales.
>>
>>77476020
No idea, but I usually find out about sales on twitter before I check my email. Maybe just follow them there if you have an account.
>>
>>77476169
Great idea, thanks!

That way they won't get lost in the mess that is ky Tumblr dashboard.
>>
>>77476002
DC's digital books go up at midnight west coast time. Compared to other digital formats like music and movies, that's actually pretty late. Most of them go live at midnight east coast time and the difference there is 3 hours.

They used to wait until way late in the afternoon though to "not compete with LCSes" but I guess they realized that was retarded.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.