[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SCOTT ADKINS JOINS "DOCTOR STRANGE"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Scott Adkins.jpg (14 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
Scott Adkins.jpg
14 KB, 200x300
WONG
O
N
G

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/632941-scott-adkins-joins-marvels-doctor-strange
>>
>>77451635
Are there any Asians in Asia?
>>
>>77451748
>cast Asians in roles of Asian characters
>Marvel accused of perpetuating hurtful stereotypes from the old origins of the comic
>cast actors of other races as Asian characters
>Marvel gets accused of whitewashing characters and discriminating against Asian actors

They can't win.
>>
I kind of like that they're getting people from all the ethnic backgrounds. Makes it so that the magic club isn't just a bunch of Asians. They could stand to bring in one or two Asian actors for some of the mid-low characters though.
>>
Is he Asian? I can't tell...
>>
File: 1446991502333.png (307 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
1446991502333.png
307 KB, 1008x672
>>77451820
>Implying anyone gives a shit about asians.

That was your first mistake.
>>
As long as he's not Wong, or Iron Fist, I don't care.
>>
>>77452073
with all the china pandering in recent movies im suprised they aren't going full chinese
>>
>>77451635
At least they didn't cast another black guy...
>>
>>77453393
This. China loves stupid stereotypes of themselves for some reason.
>>
>>77454227
I remember how surprised people were that China really like Pacific Rim considering the Chinese bot got fucked up pretty easily.
>>
>>77451635
>German character played by a black guy
>Asian character played by a white guy
>Asian Male character played by a White Genderless
>American human played by a British alien
Well hey, if they're going to change people's races at least they're changing EVERYONE's race.
>>
>>77454890
ayy lmao

true though
>>
File: Kevin Feige has the stage.jpg (133 KB, 608x458) Image search: [Google]
Kevin Feige has the stage.jpg
133 KB, 608x458
>>77454069
They can't even find a black director for Token Panther.

Marvel is such a transparent shitpile, and stuff like this just reinforces the notion.
>We'll make a big deal about casting black people.
>What about any other ethnic group?
>Nah, fuck 'em. This should do.
>>
>>77452073
What? Scott Adkins is white
>>
But Scott is the most completed fighter in the world!
>>
Marvel made the wong choice
>>
>>77454462
I hated how all the other mechs and pilots just died.
>>
>>77451635
He should have held out to be cast as Iron First, what a waste
>>
File: Nicolas Cage Laugh.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
Nicolas Cage Laugh.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>>77454890
>Everything about your post.
>>
Scott Adkins is a pretty shitty actor. Like, really shitty actually. This should be cause for some concern.
>>
>>77457152
>Anyone other than Dan Stevens.
>>
File: image.png (144 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
image.png
144 KB, 500x330
>>77454996
>tfw they hire Tyler Perry
>tfw literally no one else would agree to do the job
>>
>>77457911
idk f a m you could have said the same thing about Bautista before GotG came out.
>>
>>77458896
Not really. Bautista has a ton of experience in professional wrestling. Wrestling is over the top but it is intentionally so, and I think that it takes some degree of skill to pull off. In addition to that, wrestlers have to have a fair degree of charisma so that they command attention and are interesting to watch. Scott Adkins has a fair amount of acting experience but it is not good. He makes martial arts b-movies. He has zero charisma on the screen and everything he does comes off as forced. Watching ice melt might be more interesting than watching this dude on screen.
>>
>>77456714
Seriously, worst part of the whole film was how everyone died and there was no such thing as a mook jaeger, meaning all the cool designs from around the world had to dwindle and die
>>
File: Christian-Howard.jpg (191 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Christian-Howard.jpg
191 KB, 1500x1000
>>77458106

>anyone other than Christian Howard
>>
>>77460152
>Anyone other than Charlie Hunnam.
>>
>>77458896
is f-a-m a ban now?
>>
>>77462789
No, would you think that, to be honest family?
>>
>>77451635
How sassy do you think he'll be?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.