[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Squidbillies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: early.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
early.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
Why is everything on this show so ugly? Don't get me wrong, I love this show to death; but the character designs, the scenery is all very half assed. Is this intentional? Is it supposed to look like a child drew it?
>>
>>77437096
it's half style, half the creators seeing what they can get away with. This and Aqua Teen were okay, 12 oz, too much slack. But the style is a legitimate argument, that the show and that region of the US don't try very hard at anything and the South is shitty.
>>
>>77437096
>Is this intentional? Is it supposed to look like a child drew it?

Based on the deformed deputy sheriff I'll say yes
>>
>>77437175
>the South is shitty.

Honestly living in Georgia makes the whole series so much more entertaining.
>>
>>77437179
Hell the Sheriff is pretty fucked up looking too. That jawline and baby hand were really off putting in the beginning.

>>77437224
The Hotlanta episode was one of the series best in my opinon.
>>
>>77437096
>>77437175
It's also cheaper.
>>
File: tumblr_mk0w28cmlI1rj5kvwo4_1280.jpg (836 KB, 883x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mk0w28cmlI1rj5kvwo4_1280.jpg
836 KB, 883x1200
>>77437096
>Is this intentional? Is it supposed to look like a child drew it?
If I remember correctly, a couple of the background patterns in Season 1 were drawn by one of the artists who worked on the show, and his daughter, during playtime. So a child did draw parts of it.

Honestly, I don't think I could watch the show if it was drawn like or similar to the paintings they put on the box sets.
>>
>>77437096
Someone I used to work with knew people who worked on the backgrounds and they said they were literally told to draw with their off hand. I think that adds a lot to the show's charm, actually.
>>
>>77437096

Show is crap t b h so is a lot of Adult Swamp stuff.
>>
>>77437096
I didn't watch this for years because of the premise (squid hillbillies) but was pleasantly surprised.
The bad art is on purpose. When they go to Atlanta the people are drawn better.
>>
>>77437096
never watched it, but known about it and from relooking on google it's just really punk. it's an aesthetic. you don't have to like it
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.