[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did the meme about Didio hating Nightwing start? I mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: dan-didio.jpg (73 KB, 324x441) Image search: [Google]
dan-didio.jpg
73 KB, 324x441
When did the meme about Didio hating Nightwing start? I mean he's not wrong. Dick being Nightwing is stupid as fuck, he abandoned his colorful Robin persona to be discount Batman, what the fuck kind of character progression is that? Pretty much the only difference he has with Batman then was that he cracked jokes, which just made him discount Spider-Man.
>>
>>77434947
It started when he originally wanted Nightwing to die during Infinite Crisis instead of Superboy. After that people kind of ran wild with it.
>>
When he wanted Dick to die in Infinite Crisis

Fans heard about it and there was enough backlash that they killed off Superboy instead

For some reason people think that means he has a deep, lasting hateboner for Dick and has been trying to kill him at every opportunity for a decade
>>
File: Nightwing Didio.png (279 KB, 199x640) Image search: [Google]
Nightwing Didio.png
279 KB, 199x640
>>77434947
>>
>>77434999
>For some reason people think that means he has a deep, lasting hateboner for Dick and has been trying to kill him at every opportunity for a decade
Ashore finally got his wish three events later for forever evil.

Imagine if Dick died before. We could have had Grayson years ago

Blessed is DiDio, for his decision has given us the amazing Year of Dick
>>
It's not like Dick wouldn't have been back within a few years.

Comic book deaths have been meaningless since Death of Superman, when Billy should have taken the mantle.
>>
>>77434947
Well obviously if someone wants to kill a character, the only explanation is that they irrationally hate them.
Never mind the character being stagnant and useless or something.
>>
>>77434984
>>77434999
Cracks me up every time
>>
>>77435084
>Imagine if Dick died before. We could have had Grayson years ago

Nah he was just going to be dead and Jason was going to be Nightwing. Also no Dickbats. It would have been shit.
>>
>>77434947
It's not a meme.

>TBU: We now know that Dick Grayson was going to be killed during “Infinite Crisis”. When did you become aware of this decision if at all?
>Devin Grayson: I didn’t find out about it until after it was published, but it didn’t surprise me. Dan Didio had made his feelings about the character quite clear to me on more than one occasion.

http://thebatmanuniverse.net/tbu-exclusive-3/
>>
>>77435942
But it's not that he hates the character, he hates the Batman Jr status quo. It's not fair to misinterpret that quote.
>>
>>77436124
Given how he never bothered informing her about these developments in IC about the character she was writing, I think his contempt is quite clear.
>>
>>77435032
I remember just before Forever Evil came out there was a video interview with Didio where he says something like he's going to take real good care of Nightwing in a jokingly sinister way

Dude probably thinks this stuff is hilarious
>>
>>77436171
They didn't bother informing her of all that Batwoman shit so maybe they just didn't like her
>>
>>77435925
Yeah, Morrison giving us Dickbats saved Dick
>>
>>77436194
>Dude probably thinks this stuff is hilarious
It is though
>>
>>77436194
It kinda is.
>>
>>77435942
Waid and Johns have mentioned having to protect Dick too.
>Q: Why didn’t you kill Nightwing in Infinite Crisis?
>Waid: Because Geoff Johns and I took turns holding a big club over Dan once we learned he wanted too.
>>
>>77436258
Yeah, didn't Johns literally refuse to write Dick dying?

>tfw Waid wanted to write Nightwing real bad
>tfw Dick just got years of mediocrity instead
>>
>>77436303
Dick's had a great past five years with Morrison, Snyder, Seeley and King doing great work with him though.
>tfw we will never get Waid Nightwing because DC fucked him over so much
I imagine Waid Nightwing would have been similar to his Daredevil run.
>>
>>77436585
Well the first arc of his DD was very Nightwing-ish, would've been a fun Dick story.
>>
>>77436585
>Snyder Nightwing
U wot m8
>>
>>77439819
Black Mirror
>>
>>77439819
Snyder wrote Dickbats
>>
>>77439819
Snyder's first Batman story was Black Mirror with Dickbats, pre new 52. It's better than his Bruce-Batman stuff since.
>>
>>77439835
>>77439840
>>77441801
Holy shit I am a retarded faggot, thanks bros
>>
>>77434947
He didn't become a discount Batman/Daredevil until he got a Nightwing solo. Nightwing originally was a Teen Titans character as he took on the identity in the JC story. It was only after Batman editorial took the character back from the Titans editors and gave him that solo book did that happen.

As for Didio he hates Dick/Nightwing because he thinks he makes Bruce look too old. Though Didio brought a lot of the hate on himself as in interviews and con panels he used to joke about killing Dick/Nightwing. I think in a panel right before the New 52 he was wearing a Nightwing shirt underneath and showed it to the crowed and was joking about it. Then the New 52 happened and he basically destroyed the character and his history. So in the end he did kill Nightwing in a way.
>>
>>77434999
Superboy died because of a court case at the time, it was unrelated to Nightwing surviving.
>>
>>77442329
>As for Didio he hates Dick/Nightwing because he thinks he makes Bruce look too old.

This is the only reason.
>>
>>77442492
>Superboy died because of a court case at the time
I haven't heard about this, what?
>>
>>77434999
well it is odd that every time there is an event Dick is almost killed
>>
>>77442801
DC lost the rights to the Superboy name (it went to Siegel's heirs) shortly before Superboy's death.

It's also why Superboy-Prime went by Superman-Prime for a while
>>
>>77435876
>Hokay, so, one day, Didio decides those Young Justice sons of bitches are going down.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.