[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of Alice in Wonderland?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Queeny.jpg (74 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
Queeny.jpg
74 KB, 720x576
What does /co/ think of Alice in Wonderland?
>>
I dunno. It barely even qualifies as a story. Alice wanders around without any real motivation and a bunch of unrepated things happen to her. Then the ending is the most lazily-written thing ever.

I dunno if it's right to judge it as a normal story, though.
>>
I think it's fun and bright and has decent songs. It's a perfectly nice time-waster, but not one of Disney's great ones.
>>
>>77425540

Visually wonderful, short run time, not many bullshit songs and what are there are short.

Fucking great to watch with friends when you're waiting for the shrooms to kick in.
>>
Better than the live-action movie (soon to be movies)
>>
>>77425714
There's pretty much a whole genre of stories about kids wandering around fantasy lands without any real motivation. It's a basic road trip kind of story.
>>
>>77425540
The 1999 live action film is a closer adaptation off the book, which itself is so much better.

The different branches of Arithmetic — Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision.
>>
>>77425714
Her motivation is to find the Rabbit, then it turns into escape. Her character arc is that she very rarely listens to people, often more interested in her own little world than hearing what other people have to say. She disregards the tales and lessons of her tutor (Mother? Teacher?), the Dodo, Tweedle Bros, Caterpillar, Chesire Cat, and the Mad Hatter + March Hare. Even if they're talking in cryptic confusing ways, they're still saying things that COULD make sense if you consider it in a different light.

The big problem is that by the time the movie ends, we have no idea how this affects Alice's regular life so it just feels like a bunch of nonsense that doesn't lead up to something even though a character arc WAS present. It just wasn't presented as strongly as it could've been.

Still a fun movie though. To me it's just kinda like Fantasia but with a loose story line to connect it all together.
>>
>>77425540
never even seen it
>>
>>77429562
>we have no idea how this affects Alice's regular life
She learns to take her own advice.
>>
As with most Disney movies, the book is a lot better. Unlike most Disney movies, it isn't that great.
>>
Really love this book, nice to see favorite characters animated
>>
>>77429613
We don't see that though. She just leaves for some tea and crumpets after waking up.
>>
GLORIOUS MICRO/MACROPHILIA
>>
>>77431124
Hearing about people's fetishes have come to bore me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.