[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post YFW Marvel Gets the Rights to the Fantastic Back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 14
File: It was me Victor.png (865 KB, 968x544) Image search: [Google]
It was me Victor.png
865 KB, 968x544
and Relaunches it Properly with this Based Motherfucker as Reed Richards

Fun, Fantastic, wholesome, intergalactic science adventures with heart and a bit of pathos > grimdark body horror. He is the perfect Reed. Grey those temples and let him go to work.
>>
File: LIFE Sue Reed Noto.jpg (261 KB, 427x648) Image search: [Google]
LIFE Sue Reed Noto.jpg
261 KB, 427x648
>>77416285

Durr *Fantastic Four

For reference, inspiration, pic related
>>
Matthew McConaughay should be Reed Richards in a Spielberg FF movie. Daniel Day-Lewis as Doom.
>>
>>77416285
>Fun, Fantastic, wholesome, intergalactic science adventures with heart and a bit of pathos > grimdark body horror
Marvel would make neither. You'd get he same old crap just like any other Marvel movie.
>>
>>77416285
Holy shit. Tom Cavanagh would be great as Reed Richards. A little old, but who the fuck cares.
>>
>>77416285
I mean, who would you cast as the rest of the team, though?

How much younger would you feel comfortable with Sue Storm being?
>>
>>77416285
I'm OK with this OP.

I'm very OK with this.
>>
>>77418423
Why does Sue need to be young at all?

The best F4 stories are post-Franklin's birth, I'm tired of them starting at the origin and taking forever to get past the wedding.
>>
>>77419568
She's canonically younger until it was only recently retconned. When Reed was in college she was 12 or something?
>>
>>77419628
Is that important to the character? I've always kinda thought of Sue as a 50's housewife, she should come off as MILF-y, that was one of the problems with Alba.
>>
>>77419660
She shouldn't be young but Reed always looks older. He looks like his late fifties and she should be around forties.
>>
>>77416285
I feel like the only way to incorporate the F4 into the MCU now would be for them to have always been there, just a well kept secret. make the Baxter Building a satellite they live on, and the reason they didn't help out with the different invasions is because they tend to be exploring other worlds and dimensions for years at a time.

You could even have it that they've been around since the fifties but barely aged due to so much time dilation over the years
>>
>>77419697
>He looks like his late fifties

His hair's not that gray, dude. I'd say late 30's at youngest, late 40's at oldest with Sue in her early to mid 30's.
>>
>>77416285
He is too old to be Evil Reed.
Too Smug to be regular Reed.

10 years ago he would have been the perfect Maker.
>>
>>77419811
They don't even have to be a secret I don't think. Just have it be an accepted fact when they show up that they were off on an interdimensional expedition or something and that's why they weren't even considered as an option when anyone needed help with something that would fit their expertise.
>>
File: b6a.png (305 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
b6a.png
305 KB, 500x499
>>77416285
>Reed, not based DOOM.
>>
>>77419628
>Implying Reed didn't graduate college before the age of 12.
>>
>>77424373
holy shit this. imagine his delivery
>Only Doom
>>
File: 2288311-www.jpg (125 KB, 842x1280) Image search: [Google]
2288311-www.jpg
125 KB, 842x1280
>>77422058
His hair is grey on the sides, and based off this cover from Hickman's run, Reed is currently 54 years old. We know Sue is 7 years younger than him which makes her 47. Which is about right, she's supposed to be a MILF.
>>
>>77424373
I was thinking they should make a Doom show, then introduce the FF in like season 2. Make it about the villain fending off the heroes instead.

You could salvage the rep of FF after all the terrible movies and have a good, fleshed out MCU villain since everyone likes to complain about that. Two birds with one stone
>>
I think Marvel wants Adam Scott for Richards.
>>
I feel the best way to bring them in now would have be doom dick with one or more of the existing MCU heroes and have them come in have way in the movie to wreak doom's shit.
>>
>>77416285
Nah, for some reason Fox is willing to lose millions more dollars just to hold onto the rights. Some execs already mentioned a sequel already. It's a scorched earth policy...they are willing to burn it to the ground to keep their nemesis from using it to make more profitable franchises.
>>
Just waiting for Marvel Studios to get rights back, make an end-all incarnation of the Fantastic Four that blows every other version of them out of the water, and Marvel Comics has to stop fucking over the FF. Then the Marvel Editors have to do a extremely shitty job of explaining how Reed comes back from the dead, Sue and Johnny and Ben get back together, and where the fuck their kids and side characters are. Fuck Marvel Comics. They just pander to the progressive crowd these days and feed off of the movies income. When Marvel gets the rights back, Marvel Comics will have to bend over backwards to monetize off of the Fantastic Four and stop treating properties they don't have movie rights to like utter dog shit.
>>
All they need to do is have the incredibles cast go on a rick-and-morty adventure. Give them the powers in the first 30 minutes and there's no need for further integration within the MCU. It's insta-profit and they can use Doom in the sequels.
>>
>>77416285
This never occured to me, but he'd be great. Especially if it was 1960s era film.
>>
>>77419628
And he was probably 17. 5 years isn't all that much.
>>77419811
>>77422217
I've always thought the movie should pull a Cap1 and have most of it be in the 60s, have Reed work with Howard Stark and Hank Pym.
Have him create a teleportation system and zaps the entire baxter building and the FF into the negative zone, play up some crazy Kirby dimension with Annihilus. Hell, even show a Young Doom working with the device and getting scarred from the accident (but Doom is left in our dimension, does not get powers or transported)
Emphasize on explorer movie and establish the FF family dynamic. Eventually find their way back, only to find they warped 50 years into the future. Reed would be estatic that technology has finally caught up to his mind.
Enter Doom, who has been ruling in Latveria all this time (with no reason to leave or attack America), and sees all the fanfare on international news stations of the FF's return. Enter Doom in the MCU
>>
>>77419568
>Why does Sue need to be young at all?
>Marvel
>not doing origin story
>>
>Tom Cavanaugh Richards

Nah m8. Richards is great but its a waste of Cavanaugh. I'd rather he be a super charismatic Doom. With a small scar. And then Torch burns his face up in a fight and bam we get armored and masked Doom.
>>
>>77426173
Mite b cool.
>>
>>77426461
Not even Fox believes what you said anymore. Get with the program.
>>
>>77428625
Didn't fucking Rupert Murdoch bitch out about fantastic four?

I'm sure they're ready to cut the property loose.
>>
I really hate you people who think FF has ever in any way been "wholesome" or lighthearted.

Even with Challengers of the Unknown it was more like Star Trek and Twilight Zone and full of cosmic horror. We're talking about the comic that gave us fucking Galactus, Annihilus, and some of the first superheroes with interpersonal drama and character flaws. It's very dark by Silver Age standards, and it only gets darker as time went on.
>>
File: 1445030884580.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1445030884580.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>77416285
>mfw Marvel doesn't get the rights back because the film rights are owned by a non-Fox company and Fox is just the distributor
>And there's no way for anybody to break this
>Marvel still punishes comic fans because reasons
>>
>>77428415
I don't get this mindset that FF is somehow tied to the 60's any more than literally any other Marvel hero from that era.
>>
>>77428949
Marveldrones who don't actually READ the source material, and probably pirate/buy random books thinking it makes their opinions valid to be hip and cool.

A lot of fags here think Spider-Man ISN'T a colossal douchebag 95% of his existence. Why would it be different for Fantastic Four or any other Marvel property?
>>
>>77418423
Sue Storm is much younger than Reed in the comics, like 12 years.
>>
>>77428415
>And he was probably 17. 5 years isn't all that much.
No, he was the same age as Ben Grimm.
>>
>>77426062
So much this.
>>
Actors aren't allowed to be in both DC and Marvel properties right?
>>
>>77428990
The whole romanticized "Science explorer" concept is generally seen as being a little dated now. It's like Indiana Jones or something like that.
>>
>>77429449
Ryan Reynolds has been in pretty much everything comic related and it isn't slowing down
>>
I would actually like to watch more movies that make me think if marvel got the rights to fantastic four I'd rather it be a cartoon series something like the green lantern one maybe but no more fantastic four brain off movies please even if they're comedy the world has too much of this now and I'd pick option a over b if it came to another quip marvel movie
Also ff are as outdated as superman both of those properties should be put in a vault
>>
>>77422058
>His hair's not that gray, dude
according to ultimate reed, becoming elastic caused him to no longer be subject to entropy, and he'll live forever unless someone finds a way to kill him. and ultimate reed is currently a thousand or so years old thanks to the hyperbolic time chamber he created in the negative zone
>>
>>77426062
>the life and times of Victor Von Düm
>start off as oppressed romanian peasant whose mother got dragged to hell as a kid
>grow up with people thinking his 'the devil has mom's soul' is just trauma induced mania from when she died.
>Go to college, rivalry with Richards
>The accident, horribly scarred, blame Richards.
>Go underground. Feel like he's reaching the soft-cap for what he can accomplish with science alone
>While looking into magic, wind up in Latveria which is a magic hotspot, but also war torn. Conquer it.
>combine magic and science to meet with Morgana, seduce her into being his arcane mentor
>Rank up. compete against strange for the title of sorceror supreme. Lose, but mutual respect leads to Strange helping him free his mother's soul from Mephisto as per comics. but get trapped in Hell as a result.
>Claw his way back out of hell. Latveria has been occupied by the F4 after they killed the doombot he left behind.
>Kick them out. Mess with future visions. forsee than only in Doomworld does the world avoid self destruction.

That's plenty for two to three seasons of netflix and/or a couple movies.
>>
>>77428990
even within canon, despite the sliding timeline, the F4 have always been depicted as sort of superhero pioneers that have been doing it since before the likes of Spider-Man or most X-Men were out of diapers.

Even in the most recent ASM, Peter talked about how he was only sixteen when he first broke into the Baxter Building and fought them, knowing their reputation.
>>
>>77429632
>both of those properties should be put in a vault
no they should be made public domain
>>
>>77429738
In the MCU heroes only really started sprouting up in the late 2000's. They can have the FF predate the rest of the heroes without setting them in the 60's.
>>
>>77416299
>And how they make it work
Sue screws a bunch of guys and Reed keeps working too much
Basically a normal happy american family
>>
File: 143547898134.png (195 KB, 1400x1207) Image search: [Google]
143547898134.png
195 KB, 1400x1207
>Marvel
You mean Disney.
>>
>>77416285
>and Relaunches it Properly with this
They can't even do Thor justice
>>
>>77419660
>she should come off as MILF-y,
You know as long as you have a kid then you are a MILF, doesn't matter what age.
>>
>>77416285
Don't care about FF, but I would like skrulls in the mcu.
>>
File: ff-phil-noto.jpg (76 KB, 615x684) Image search: [Google]
ff-phil-noto.jpg
76 KB, 615x684
>>
File: stark-noto.jpg (51 KB, 720x498) Image search: [Google]
stark-noto.jpg
51 KB, 720x498
>>
File: Avengers-noto.jpg (257 KB, 648x529) Image search: [Google]
Avengers-noto.jpg
257 KB, 648x529
>>
File: avengers-2-noto.jpg (251 KB, 463x648) Image search: [Google]
avengers-2-noto.jpg
251 KB, 463x648
>>
File: franklin-hulk-noto.jpg (112 KB, 720x673) Image search: [Google]
franklin-hulk-noto.jpg
112 KB, 720x673
>>
File: sue-johnny-noto.jpg (184 KB, 827x569) Image search: [Google]
sue-johnny-noto.jpg
184 KB, 827x569
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 1596x2421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 1596x2421
>>77432455
>>77432436
>>77432420
>>77432411
Phil Noto.
I bought that Black Widow series for the art alone.
>>
>>77426461

Hoping this changes. I'd be really surprised if they were about to put together a sequel. Might see the Sony/Marvel Spidey model as the only alternative.
>>
>>77429000
Oldfags who INSIST that "Not Muh Comic" are getting BTFO when it comes to comic books these days

Get with the program old man, Comic Books arent catering to you no more.
>>
>>77416285
You already had marveldumb FF. It's just that back then capeshit wasn't as popular as it's now.
>>
>>77429636
>Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Wait, i thought it was called The Room of Spirit And Time?
>>
>>77433070
nope.jpg
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.