[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does the proper non capeshit comics have to offer out of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: file.png (477 KB, 580x459) Image search: [Google]
file.png
477 KB, 580x459
What does the proper non capeshit comics have to offer out of sandman/punisher/the goon and that kind of popular as fuck stuff?

I'm having a hard time getting into ANYTHING at all, everything looks so fucking generic/forced-edgy/plain boring
>>
Bone and Hellboy.
Also, Punisher is capeshit.
>>
>>77394960

Your face is capeshit.
>>
You might have read them already but Usagi Yojimbo and Orc Stain are great. Judge Dredd is great. Unsounded is a webcomic but it's on par with the best published stuff.
>>
As for newer things that are just good, try Manifest Destiny. It's basically Lewis & Clark meet the X-Files (monster of the week type shit as they travel across the country with an overarching conspiracy/plot to figure out)
>>
>>77394929
Nice spoiler you piece of shit
Reported
>>
>>77394929
Cerebus or 100 Bullets
>>
File: 2016716-pun3.png (3 MB, 946x1399) Image search: [Google]
2016716-pun3.png
3 MB, 946x1399
>>77395015
Punisher is vigilanteshit, but lets be real The Punisher is capeshit for gun nuts.
>>
Punisher is capeshit.

Talking purely non-cape, non-licensed, complete stories, there's Y the Last Man, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Hellboy/BPRD, 100 Bullets, Zot, Cerebus the Aardvark, Judge Dredd and other 2000AD stuff, and Hellblazer for starters, though a few of those are perpetually ongoing like capes.
>>
>>77394929
I still gotta read Kingpin.
>>
>>77394929
Hellboy/BPRD/Lobster Johnson (Abe's solo is shit though)
Usagi Yojimbo
Dredd and other AD2000 stuff
Orc Stain
Criminal Macabre

WH40k: Deff Skwadron is amazing too if you can track it down.

Also, Goon is popular now...?
>>
>>77395194
Sameface as fuck but its awesome
>>
>>77395129
Just the first series and they are shit anyways
>>
File: blacksad1[1].jpg (215 KB, 754x750) Image search: [Google]
blacksad1[1].jpg
215 KB, 754x750
>>77394929
I've reread blacksad recently and it's a blast.

Gritty detective stories set in the '50s, the themes are very diverse, going from from one issue with roadtrip to another with cold-war spies and commie witch-hunting with the classical murder investigation in the middle.
And I like the art a lot, since I'm a sucker for watercolor.
>>
>the proper non capeshit
>so fucking generic/forced-edgy/plain boring

That is because you have shitty mindset.
>>
>>77397233
No, you can do 95% of that comics with a plot generator and some monkey doing designs
>>
File: ozymandias.jpg (8 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
ozymandias.jpg
8 KB, 195x258
Nice spoiler, jackass. How about you tell us what genres you enjoy in fiction instead of just bitching so we can find you a proper match?
>>77394960
>non-MAX Punisher is cape related
ftfy
>>
File: exterminators.jpg (103 KB, 600x936) Image search: [Google]
exterminators.jpg
103 KB, 600x936
>>77394929

Try 'The Exterminators'. It's about a ex-con who becomes a pest exterminator and then stumbles on a plot to destroy the world.
>>
File: .jpg (72 KB, 376x392) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
72 KB, 376x392
The Incal and The Metabarons, top tier trippy sci-fi
>>
>>77397563
...so?

You are not making any interesting observation. Everybody knows that. There is even a special law for it in pop-culture.

Just read those 5%. But you won't, because you have shitty mindset and are lazy and ignorant person who prefers to whine and jerk off over how superior he is.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.