[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's a shame that english and american audience never had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: PKNA_0.jpg (428 KB, 1072x1594) Image search: [Google]
PKNA_0.jpg
428 KB, 1072x1594
It's a shame that english and american audience never had to experience this comic serie. Duck Avenger/Paperinik seen in a really mature way compared to other stories
>>
I never got to finishing it, but I remember reading English translations online, it was pretty good.
>>
>>77392327
The second serie, Pk2, was even better even though here in Italy was not well received. It was seen as too mature for the character. I personally enjoyed it a lot because of the mature themes
>>
>>77392453
I read about that, I'm going to reread the series, I enjoyed it, but never got around to finishing it. From what little I've gathered, Italy did a lot with these Disney characters.
>>
Do you really think that, Santino

Papernik seems less credible than Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>77392564
>From what little I've gathered, Italy did a lot with these Disney characters.
Mickey Mouse magazine is a staple in the italian comic panorama and most disney characters were born and/or were further developed here. Also a lot of standalone experiments were made (Mickey Mouse Mistery Magazine, a noir and mature take on Mickey Mouse or PP8 which was a comic serie based around donald as a child). Just make sure to avoid the third serie of PK, that's really utter shit, it's a reboot with almost anything from the universe retconned (PK out of the shadows is inspired by this serie)
>>
>>77392897
>PP8 which was a comic serie based around donald as a child

Actually, "Paperino Paperotto" is the regular child Donald comic.

PP8 is basically "the comics about Donald as a child, except that it's drawn like some cheap flash cartoon and is set in modern times instead of the 50's setting of the regular comics"
>>
Paperino Paperotto is Donald Duckling for english speakers.
>>
>>77395290
Yeah, I kinda agree. Had to be a bit generic as paperino paperotto stories are not published as a standalone comic but as part of the topolino stories
>>
File: rob liefeld writes for Disney.jpg (31 KB, 343x350) Image search: [Google]
rob liefeld writes for Disney.jpg
31 KB, 343x350
>Unironically liking the edgy adventures of Donald Duck
>>
>>77392897
I love Paperinik. It's insane that a comics market as stale as Italy managed to keep Disney Comics alive for decades, and pull off experiments with stuff like PK.
>>
>>77392453
it wasn't about it being too mature, as much as "too different" with the massive shift in characters and type of stories
>>
>>77395290
As for all Topolino comics, the art quality changes.

And PP8 comics ARE set in the 50s instead of the modern times of the regular comics
>>
>>77395593
>Stale

What do you mind by that? Comics are huge in Italy.
>>
File: FourColor-159-28.jpg (40 KB, 273x230) Image search: [Google]
FourColor-159-28.jpg
40 KB, 273x230
>>77395374
Sounds like Doremi's magic spell
>>
>>77395800
Friggin' Tex sells more than anything else combined. It's a stale market.
>>
>>77395593
>It's insane that a comics market as stale as Italy

Wat.

>>77395866
Well yeah, It's being dominated by series that basically work like capeshit, but even Bonelli actually offers a fairly wide range of different stories under its umbrella and occasionally even trys new stuff, like Orfani.

And John Doe and David Murphy 9/11, neither of which were by Bonelli, if memory serves me right, were bretty gud as well.
>>
>>77395866
Tex also sells almost twice than Batman in all of North America. And Dylan Dog sales are on Batman levels. This make them absolutely huge, it doesn't make the other titles not selling.
>>
>>77395641
It was a stubborn action imo. The whole Ducklair plot was rich of details and mistery and the other plots kinda gave a really good atmosphere too.
>>77395593
This statement is not totally true. While comics like Tex and Dylan Dog are seen as real classics and doesn't let much innovation in their genres it's also true that there's a lot innovation coming from indies (mostly visual novels like the ones from Toffolo) and some big majors like panini comics (which now owns most of the disney publications here in italy) or mondadori wich are bringing here new comics from other countries
>>
Love Dylan Dog and try to buy an issue overseas if I have the opportunity (german here, it got axed after a while). Lilith was pretty cool too, although I have only skimmed through a turkish issue.

Actually,....Dylan Dog's license DID got a revival and it's being re-published in a hardcore collector's edition by a new publishing house. But they are just reprinting the old stories they already published here before, only in colour and more expensive.

I would have liked new stories or a translation of Dalla Morte Dal' Amore.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.