[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular Opinion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: supergirlposter.jpg (294 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
supergirlposter.jpg
294 KB, 1365x2048
After seeing her leaks from the Fappening I find it hard to take Melissa Benoist as Supergirl seriously. Also I want the show to get cancelled not only because it is bad but also to show to producers that pandering to tumblr doesn't work.
>>
>>77391903
That's a pretty popular opinion, OP.
>>
>>77391903
Few will disagree.
Well, maybe with the vitriol.
The show is plenty to be cancelled just on how shit it is.
>>
>>77391903
Okay
>>
Pandering to tumblr? How?
Are you triggered stormblr?
>>
The Simpsons episode Saddlesore Galactica is not that bad, and is actually funny and enjoyable despite the silliness of the plot.
>>
This show will get 3 seasons minimum. Stop deluding yourself into thinking it's going to get canceled at the end of the season.
>>
File: sorporgorl.png (474 KB, 1068x954) Image search: [Google]
sorporgorl.png
474 KB, 1068x954
After seeing Benoist's leaks from the fappening, I find it hard to take her stunt double seriously.
>>
Is this a real unpopular opinion thread or a trolling thread in disguise?
>>
File: slowflash.jpg (24 KB, 273x296) Image search: [Google]
slowflash.jpg
24 KB, 273x296
>>77391903
Okay, okay,
Hold up a second there pard.

>her leaks from the Fappening
Didn't see already do nude scenes in some shit? I saw that. Or did I miss out on the good stuff?

>pandering to tumblr
Haven't watched the show; don't care so much.
But what have they done that tumblerifical?
>>
>>77392087
>or a trolling thread in disguise?
That's every unpopular opinion thread.
>>
>>77392107
It was more than just nude photos in the Fappening. Benoist had photos of her getting fucked.

The tumblr complaints come from the fact that Kara got offended by the name "Supergirl". She wanted to be called "Superwoman". Kara's sister also accused her boss of underestimating Supergirl "because she's just a girl".
>>
>>77392199
>The tumblr complaints
Not entirely unexpected in these times.
Show looks shit regardless as long as Flash stays good.

>her getting fucked.
Now if you'll excuse me I'll have to unzip dick.
>>
>>77392107
>Didn't see already do nude scenes in some shit?

Yes, she also did a nude scene in some TV show. I think it was Homeland or some shit.
>>
Just watched the first three episodes. I think the show is okay. Its not Flash tier yet, but i think its at least worth one season.
>>
Tumblr and Twitter SJW feminists messed the appeal of this show up badly. They cry when Superman appeared for about 20 seconds, cry that Supergirl is wearing a skirt, cry when Supergirl eats ice cream.

>People who don't read the comics complain the most.
>>
Man, the action is really shit, no weight to it at all. At least Flash has that down pat, look at Zoom cracking Barry's spine. The sound of that alone was better than every fight in Supergirl.
>>
>>77392121
Not really,some people get offended when someone says they like the LOK.
>>
I think Super Girl is a good show.It's not exceptionally good but it's not bad either.
>>
>>77391966
Non white male characters= pandering to tumblr, apparently.
>>
>>77392640
No, it's pandering to Tumblr when a guy expresses doubts about whether Supergirl can win a fight because her enemy is beating the crap out of her, and that reasonable doubt is then characterized as "Why? Because she's a GIRL? Watch and learn, shitlord."
>>
File: supergirl_6wfdzk1qb9k5wo1500.jpg (58 KB, 435x677) Image search: [Google]
supergirl_6wfdzk1qb9k5wo1500.jpg
58 KB, 435x677
The Supergirl show is decent. First episode was rough as hell with the "Why because she's a girl?" nonsense, but it has backed off on it for the better. I think it will win people over in the end. Not sold on James Olsen, don't know if it's the writing or the actor but the whole character just feels flat and unnecessary.
>>
>>77391903
>tfw her co-workers probably seen her taking the D
Sounds pretty embarrassing to me
>>
File: 1439001761763.jpg (273 KB, 664x664) Image search: [Google]
1439001761763.jpg
273 KB, 664x664
>>77391903
Melissa Benoist is cute but she's no Supergirl. She's too old and meek to be playing the character.
>>
>>77394402
Ah, I liked the idea of Emilia Clarke as Supergirl but it would be a pretty drastic step down to go from starring in GoT to a shit show like this one, especially now that GoT finally took home those Emmys.
>>
>>77391903
- Mirage TMNT was meh overall. First volume was great, but then it became going all over the place. Volume 4 is fucking terrible.
-Laird and Eastman are at their best when they're together.
- I liked most of Slott's ASM
- JMS is a great writer, but he has a bad habit of introducing idea and then abandoning it completely.
>>
>>77394402
>meek
The show would be so much better if she could just deliver her Supergirl lines with more confidence and bravado, even if that's not what the character is feeling. That bothers me way more than cheesy dialogue.
>>
>>77391903
A lot of these problems would have been avoided if they made if a Starfire show instead. You could have had the same show about an Alien girl who helps the DEO catch aliens without her constantly being overshadowed by Superman.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.