[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: the moment when (insert character here) instantly became
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 20
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 960x1076) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 960x1076
ITT: the moment when (insert character here) instantly became worst character in their show

Fucking hell, Mabel
>>
File: lvxkqyfnpi7gjc2mwqwj[1].png (233 KB, 636x357) Image search: [Google]
lvxkqyfnpi7gjc2mwqwj[1].png
233 KB, 636x357
>>77390291
>>
>>77390291
I think Gravity Falls and Madoka Magica must be the only two shows the guy who made that image has ever watched, the connection is so fucking loose.
>>
>>77390372
Korra was worse in season 1&2
>>
File: shinji.jpg (61 KB, 1138x485) Image search: [Google]
shinji.jpg
61 KB, 1138x485
>>77390291
'sup.
>>
>>77390291
>Mabel
>doing anything wrong
>implying it's not Fords or Dippers faults for not telling the entire family about the rift
You people are autism incarnate.
>>
>>77390291
Darkwing is better
>>
>>77390406
Homura is a character with Walter White levels of development, while Mabel is a dumb retard.

Mabel accidentally the universe, whereas Homura got exactly what she wanted and planned on.
>>
>>77392478
Some hated Rebellion for her radical shift in character development
>>
>>77392478
Homura didn't plan on shit. She just brute forced time loops until she got lucky, and even then all she succeeded in doing was getting Madoka erased from existence.
>>
File: beforeafter.jpg (66 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
beforeafter.jpg
66 KB, 480x720
>>77392962
Most people loved it.

Not to sound too pretentious, but Rebellion was like Stravinsky's Rite of Spring or Gilbert and Sullivan's Yeomen of the Guard

It certainly rustled some jimmies, but it is undeniably a well-crafted piece of fiction.

Homura's fall hit the audience, and it hit the audience hard. The car-ride back from Rebellion wasn't one filled with Frodos, it was one filled with silence and despair.

There's a world of difference between Homura becoming a demon and Mabel screwing over the world by being the clueless retard she has always been
>>
>>77392478

Didn't the movie end with her mind-raping Madoka into loving her or something?
>>
>>77390411
God he's just the worst
>>
>>77390411
But Shinji didn't screw over the world.
>>
>>77390484
You people are nuts, if you need to point fingers, just blame Bill!
>>
>>77392962
Homura's development was a pretty logical conclusion of the events of the series.
No one says that every experience leads one to become a better person. And the best thing is that it's actually a very interesting development.
I'm now waiting for them to make a rote sequel that ends in a some big fight and cute but boring forgiveness stuff.
>>
>>77393056
I should punch you in the goddamn face for writing that comparation
>>
File: WIFiXr1.png (753 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
WIFiXr1.png
753 KB, 1008x672
>>77392324
> still butthurt about infinity

i'd tell you to stay mad but it looks like you're doing a good job on your own
>>
File: akanestanza.jpg (21 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
akanestanza.jpg
21 KB, 250x250
>>77393467
But Rebellion is Yeomen of the Guard.

It takes a beloved formula and gives it a dark ending. Problem, Operettafag?
>>
>>77393086

Not quite. She put Madoka back into the world as a normal girl with no memories of her real self. But she didn't brainwash Madoka into automatically loving her.
>>
File: i_sacrifice_by_h_d200hb-d6vqx6x.jpg (151 KB, 714x1119) Image search: [Google]
i_sacrifice_by_h_d200hb-d6vqx6x.jpg
151 KB, 714x1119
Screws over the world, everyone loves him.
>>
Obviously there was some resentment over Mabel's trend to get anything she wants and bend plot around herself to accomodate her flaws long before this, but for me the moment was "The Love God". This was the first time I couldn't really turn blind eye to her worst moments to keep enjoying the show.

And I don't even talk about love potions though it's certainly some fucked up shit. I'm talking about her being so fucking judgemental she assigned two people she barely knows to be perfect match because they are both "shallow". And when it didn't work out, rather then get a clue that she has no fucking idea what she's doing, she robs them out of their agency and free will because if you don't agree with Mabel's warped worldview, you can't have nice things.
>>
>>77392962
It will be fine when we get a sequel series
>>
>implying it isn't Ford who was the one who fucked everything up
>hating on based Homu
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 925x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 925x526
>>77395480
>rebellion sequel
>not remembering how long it took to get Kizumonogatari off the ground, not mention the waiting times between parts 1, 2 and 3
>>
>>77395739
Isn't Shaft almost done with Monogatari? They're going to need something to fall back on.
>>
>>77395059
Griffith didn't screw the world over, he saved it.
>>
File: steven-universe-steven-pearl.png (90 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
steven-universe-steven-pearl.png
90 KB, 500x278
Not this moment in particular but this entire episode made Pearl go from everyone's favourite to top of everyone's shitlist
>>
>>77396104
>>
>>77396189
She nearly let Steven fall to his death after he came to try and help her. Steven is objectively the most well-intentioned, empathetic character on that show. Who wouldn't hate Pearl after she almost let the kid who unconditionally loves her die?
>>
>>77392478

Some people hate Homura, sure, but she's an incredibly popular character. That didn't change after Rebellion, hell, she became more popular with some fans.

I'd say she's a better/more interesting character than anyone in Gravity Falls, and I like Gravity Falls. But Madoka places more emphasis on characterization in general.

THAT SAID, the comparison between Mabel and Rebellion Homura might get a whole lot more relevant. It looks like she might have an Ideal Dream World in her bubble that Bill trapped her in, like Homura had an Ideal Dream World in her Witch Barrier that Kyuubey trapped her in. A lot of theories also have her going God Mode after the next episode and kicking Bill's ass. If Mabel does that, we'll revisit the Mabel/Homura comparisons.
>>
>>77396189
All the Crystal Gems are unlikable characters
>>
File: Darkwing Falls.jpg (651 KB, 1127x1568) Image search: [Google]
Darkwing Falls.jpg
651 KB, 1127x1568
>>77393695
Uuuh weren't the Darkwingfags winning by a landslide until the Mabelfags started botting votes?
>>
File: 1446593132646.png (142 KB, 500x818) Image search: [Google]
1446593132646.png
142 KB, 500x818
>>77397839
Even Steven?
>>
File: nof9zmZC9X1r2g7mto3_400.png (152 KB, 350x327) Image search: [Google]
nof9zmZC9X1r2g7mto3_400.png
152 KB, 350x327
>>77397839
Yeah.
Clearly.
I mean Garnet is unlikable because....

Well I'll get back to you on that when I can think of a good reason
>>
>>77393086
No, not even friends at the end .
>>
>>77398827
She went from strong stoic pillar of the group to "muh fusions". Horrible.
>>
>>77393034
SOME FAG DIDN'T WATCH THE MOVIE
>>
>>77396189
>everyone's
Only in your head.
>>
>>77393146
He kinda did it himself at the end of the movie
>>
File: 1438702501645.gif (811 KB, 253x196) Image search: [Google]
1438702501645.gif
811 KB, 253x196
>>77398892
Actually, she only mentioned fusions in two episodes. And when they were very much the issue the episode revolved around.
You make it sound like she whines about fusions at any point just because she is one.
Even when Peridot asked her to unfuse because she was making her uncomfortable, Garnet made no indignant speeches or retorts about "Being a fusion is who I am. Deal with it."
She simply tied Peridot to a fence and said "Her having free reign over the place was making ME uncomfortable". And that was really funny.
She's still the strong stoic pillar of the group.
>>
>>77398958
>everyone who counts
Better?
>>
>>77397748
>Mabel
>being useful
>ever
>>
>>77393146
Yes and no.
Original broadcast ending - no
End of Eva - Almost
Rebuild 3.0 - HE FUCKED EVERYTHING LITERALLY AND FIGURATIVELY
>>
File: tumblr_ns2jdrwmo61tbamaco1_1280.png (993 KB, 1280x968) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns2jdrwmo61tbamaco1_1280.png
993 KB, 1280x968
>>77398721

Yes. Mabelfags cheated.
>>
>>77399021
GRAPPLING HOOK
>>
>>77392962
it wasn't radical, it was the ultimatum
homura did not care about madoka as a person, only as a concept. whatever love that homura had for the original madoka, the strong, dependable fresh faced leader that always faced forward, shriveled away after pressing the restart button one too many times. It got to the point where madoka wasn't even the same person anymore - just some whiney coward who always runs away and never wants to take responsibility.
>>
File: homucifer glasses.jpg (102 KB, 540x763) Image search: [Google]
homucifer glasses.jpg
102 KB, 540x763
>>77399164
But that's the very thing Homura "rebelled" against.

Remember, Madoka herself made Homura promise to save her. Specifically, to make sure she never made a contract with Kyubey. Homura failed that promise, and Madoka stopped being a person and became a concept - the "Law of Cycles"

In the end, it really comes down to Homura's will being stronger than Madoka's.
>>
>>77398827
She is only funny to a child and a retard half-animal whose humor is based on braindead tv shows.
yet she keeps making her pathetic jokes as if anyone gave a shit.

Her social awkwardness and silence in company verge on mental illness.

She has no ambition. No real faith or beliefs. She blindly follows anyone that allows her degeneracy to persist.
Did she care for Rose's cause? Or did she just follow whichever side allowed her to be like she wanted? Did she even understand there was a bigger picture at stake? Did she understand Rose Quartz?

Certainly she doesn't understand a lot.

She doesn't understand Earthlings. She doesn't understand Homeworld. She doesn't understand Pearl.
She doesn't care. About anything. As long as she can have her two stupid cunts between her own legs.

Aside from Steven she ONLY CARES ABOUT HERSELF.
But she's two people, so it's ok, right?
>>
File: sardonyx_by_chipiron-d91bspn.gif (529 KB, 1634x1046) Image search: [Google]
sardonyx_by_chipiron-d91bspn.gif
529 KB, 1634x1046
>>77399358
I will give you that she has no real goals, but that's not a reason to hate someone, just a nitpick against them.

>She is only funny to a child and a retard half-animal whose humor is based on braindead tv shows.
"W-we kept--! AMETHYST! AHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAA! Garnet you are too MUCH"
Pearl seems to like her sense of humor, too, and Pearl is very refined in her tastes.
>Her social awkwardness and silence in company verge on mental illness.
Well that's rather ad hominem.
"SOMEONE IS SILENT. THEY MUST BE MENTALLY ILL"
Some people don't have a lot to say. And it's shown that Garnet is always having conversations with herself, but her Sapphire side is always aware of the outside world and what is coming next.
>She has no ambition. No real faith or beliefs. She blindly follows anyone that allows her degeneracy to persist.
Did she care for Rose's cause? Or did she just follow whichever side allowed her to be like she wanted? Did she even understand there was a bigger picture at stake? Did she understand Rose Quartz?
None that you can see. Because Garnet likes to keep to herself. That being said, she has a strong dislike of Homeworld and seems like she wants to take them down. She was strong enough to survive the war with the other 2 Crystal Gems and Rose's spirit in Steven, and clearly devoted herself to Rose's cause. Existing together as herself is what brings her balance, but it's not her whole reason to exist. She's even willingly unfused when something effects her strongly enough. But she had a lot of faith in Rose and even showed a deep understanding of both Rose AND Greg Universe when she planted the idea in Greg's head that he can do fusion (when she meant emotional and symbolic fusion rather than physical fusion).
>Certainly she doesn't understand a lot.
Again because you don't see what's going on inside her head outside of 2 episodes that dealt with her most critical and personal issue.

And everything else you said is biased as fuck.
>>
>>77399164

Homura mainly fell in love with Madoka for her kindness, which never changed throughout the restarts. She was a very lonely girl and Madoka was nice to her, simple as that.

I think Homura is also canonically insane by Rebellion and it's no wonder, anyone would be at that point. She does love Madoka but she's not thinking clearly any more, she's been pushed too far. She does what she thinks is the best she can with what she has.
>>
>>77398827
She is literally /lgbt/ the character.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.