[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekly Simpsons hate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: 1447088749861.jpg (66 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
1447088749861.jpg
66 KB, 786x393
Man, this has gotten to the point to where Family Guy is genuinely the better show. That's so sad.

Here's something that actually happened in the latest episode:

>Homer makes a video on a crowd funding service because isn't that a hot topic now?
>he uses the money to get a chair that makes it so he doesn't have to stand up on his own
>the people that funded this are pissed and go to Homer's house
>they burn the chair, but wait!

>that's not the chair, it was Grandpa!
>>
>>77370721
>>that's not the chair, it was Grandpa!
really?
did he die?
>>
File: Comprehension.jpg (25 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
Comprehension.jpg
25 KB, 346x346
>>77370721
>that's not the chair, it was Grandpa
>>
>>77370921
Sounds a lot like one of those jokes that are funny, because everybody is laughing, but we lost how it started, so we are left joking what makes it so funny.
Remember that gag/trope?
Only this time we know and its not funny at all.
>>
>inviting a child rapist as a guest star
>>
>>77371096
They gotta act progressive.
>>
File: doif.png (54 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
doif.png
54 KB, 480x360
>Not giving up on the Simpsons and embracing Hommer Simpson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSYNmB9xlUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVtpmNVL388
>>
>>77371096
>I've never played doctor with my siblings as a kid
Really?
>>
>implying Lena wasn't just using Homer to get to Lisa and Maggie
>>
>>77371324
They'd better run for their lives.
>>
I just read the synopsis on the wiki, Fuck lisa been such a bitch, and I always defend her.

She refuses a gift of a new bike from her friend for a bullshit reason. and pressures homer to stop been friends harpers dad.

and then the wiki says:
>The family's fun is ruined when Harper and Lisa fight once again, so Homer have to make a hard decision: continue being friends with Harper's father or go home so Lisa can be more happy. He decides to leave the island and go home, saying that Harper is "kinda spoiled" and that she doesn't deserve Lisa.

despite the fact that she got her a fucking bike
>>
They should have done a yuri scene with Lisa and Harper, they really should have. But no...
>>
>>77371281
nope. never. my country actually has sex education so there was no mystery
>>
File: 1447089916926.webm (1 MB, 528x296) Image search: [Google]
1447089916926.webm
1 MB, 528x296
>>77370794
>>77370921
>>77370963
>>
>>77371513
NO TIPS!
>>
>>77370721
Well obviously the creators are doing something right since you people keep watching the show.
>>
>>77371635
Nobody except pedophiles who want to fuck Lisa and people like Boco that have congenital deformities still watch the Shitsons.
>>
>>77371281
Did you shove rocks in a baby's vagina and masturbate in front of your siblings when you were 16?
>>
IT ANGERS
>>
>>77371832
Lena's parents are rich insane liberals who evidently believed in the Dr. Spock school of parenting, so go figure.
>>
Remember when the Simpsons used to just be about ordinary blue collar schlubs and not hipsters who hang out with celebrities and attend organic food conventions?
>>
>>77371635
I only know anything about The Simpsons post movie because of stuff posted on /co/.
>>
File: those_are_dark_times.jpg (113 KB, 300x335) Image search: [Google]
those_are_dark_times.jpg
113 KB, 300x335
This episode was just sad. Empty, with events that led to fucking nothing. All other zombie simpsons at leat put in a bare minimum of effort, and finished their god damned storylines. This stops right in a moment where other episodes would have a second half. They've hit a new low. And i dare to say it, Brickleberry is better then this shit.
>>
>>77373019
Did you know that the guy who indirectly murdered Phil Hartman was invited as a guest star?
>>
>>77375191
source
>>
>>77375418
facepalm.jpg

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Andy_Dick
>>
>>77373201
I actually think Brickleberry could have been a legitimately good show if it didn't hinge so completely off over-the-top violence and gore humor. It actually has some bits of clever writing
>>
File: 1446414618233.jpg (34 KB, 440x400) Image search: [Google]
1446414618233.jpg
34 KB, 440x400
Anyone else just want the writers to go "fuck it" and split up Homer and Marge already? Homer gets the kids on weekendes, he's living in some apartment with a younger woman, while Marge, unhappy as ever, just tries to be a good single mom
I don't care about these characters anymore, just do whatever's fucking interesting at this point. Jump the shark as high as you possibly can, who cares? It's not even the same show anymore.
>>
>>77376522
And show Lisa naked already. It's been 27 seasons. Do it just to do it.
>>
>>77376561
I'd rather see Janey naked, honestly.
>>
>>77371513

well, at least he immediately received medical care.

it's like they want to do the edgy stuff to appeal to the LDC but just don't have the heart.
>>
>>77376561
Why?
>>
>>77376522
They should just let the kids age up and move out. Bittersweet "Well Marge, we tried our best to raise our kids with a good foundation. Let's hope it worked." and Marge snuggles up to Homer as they sit down on the sofa, watching TV, the camera then zooms out of the house and over the town, then the state and finally America, and we're given a live-action montage of various American families living their lives. A dad driving to pick kids up from school, a grandfather writing a letter to his grandson who's just started college, a young girl throwing a nickel into a fountain to make a wish, a mother playing peekabo with her twin sons, a wife and husband arguing about bills, two siblings throwing mud at each other, a toddler having a tantrum in a busy store while her exasperated mom apologizes to everyone... a montage to celebrate life, you know?
>>
>>77376713
>>>/hallmarkchannel/
>>
>>77376749
>implying the Simpsons didn't start off as a celebration of the American family, warts and all
>>>/retarded/
>>
>>77376713
Sounds like a good ending to the Cosby Show
Zombie Simpsons isn't going to end, so it should just break the status quo into tiny pieces repeatedly
>>
>>77376828
It isn't what it started off as.
>>
>>77376851
lmao nigga are you trying to say a show originally helmed by Klasky Csupo didn't start out sentimental as fuck?

Damn nigga, you're funny
>>
File: gdgdf.jpg (36 KB, 290x402) Image search: [Google]
gdgdf.jpg
36 KB, 290x402
>>
>>77376908
Not at all, it's pretty clear what I was saying. You lack basic reading comprehension.
>>
>>77376908
What allergy medication is this guy on?
>>
>>77376957
explain in detail please
>>
>>77376957
Her sister is now a lesbian and appears to be in complete denial of what happened.
>>
>"Groening said his goal in creating the show was to offer the audience an alternative to what he called "the mainstream trash" that they were watching."
Well, you managed to live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain, Matty boy.
>>
>>77377086
i think matt quit the show
>>
>>77377179
He is one of the lucky few creators who retains final control over his creation, ie he can cancel it whenever he wants and Fox can't do shit. He's certainly not going to do that because the tv show makes him millions. Ergo, he allowed his show to become the antithesis of itself.
>>77376996
Just do some research yourself you lazy cunt. The internet is flooded with this shit, because Lena Dunham loves the attention that being a feminist child molester can bring.
>>
>>77377314
I didn't know who Lena Dunham even is, dickhead.
>>
>>77377314
Vat? Groening hasn't had shit to do with the show in over 20 years.
>>
>>77377179
Nah

>>77377314
>Matt OK'd the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover

Jesus Christ
And he took his name off of the The Critic crossover episode
>>
>>77377370
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lena_Dunham

facepalm.jpg
>>
>>77377421
Well obviously I googled it after you gave me her name. No need to be such an utter cunt, buddy.
>>
>>77377388
>"Matt Groening and James L. Brooks have served as executive producers during the show's entire history, and also function as creative consultants."
YOUR MOVE
>>
>>77378114
It's purely an honorary title since Al Jean and Mike Reiss became showrunners in Season 3 (GB&S were the showrunners in Seasons 1-2)
>>
>>77377454
Reverse image searching, or using a simple mixture of abductive and deductive reasoning to go "Hmm, these anons seem to be discussing a woman called Lena... they aren't happy about her. That means I could type in "Lena + Simpsons" into google and see what I get. Then I could cross reference the information and images I find in those results, with images and posts I find in this thread, and ascertain that woman found in the image macro is unequivocally the Lena this anon mentioned. Seems like her name is Lena Dunham. Now, that macro mentioned how she molested her sibling, so I could google one or more variations of the synonyms of child molestation coupled with Lena's name, and BAM, I have a whole lot of shit to read up on. After that, fresh with new knowledge, I can rejoin the thread and offer insightful comments and quality posts. It sure is great to have a functioning brain."

What ever happened to thinking for oneself?
>>
>>77371846
It's not okay with me
>>
>>77378352
>reverse image searching just gets "feminazi" meme images
>two posts mentioned a "Lena" as if they were a Simpson's character
>the image in question didn't reply to either of them, so it could appear unrelated
You could have just said "that's lena" and left the rest to me, but you decided to be an asspained retard instead.

>What ever happened to thinking for oneself?
This was an image board for discussion. Two words of information in seconds isn't worth a minute of detective work over.
>>
>>77370721
>That blatant lazy CGI background with a cheap toon-shader filter.
>Copypasted glasses

I haven't watched Simpsons for like 15 years. Is this seriously how it looks now?
>>
>>77378352

Not the guy you're replying to, but you're coming off as an unnecessary douche. I feel like you're like one of those "potato researchers" that just googles something quickly and then pretend you have the ultimate knowledge about it.
Why do I feel you have no presence or get disrespected in your life? Look at how heated you are about this and insulting this guy for no reason. You got some problems, you sad sack.
>>
>>77370721
Sounds like season 8.
>>
File: reading_mcd.png (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
reading_mcd.png
24 KB, 400x400
>>77370721
Lenny actually made the joke during the episode that crowd funding was a thing years ago. Fucking pay attention fag before you speak out your arse.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.