[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yet Another Deadpool Book Announced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: DPOOLMERCS2016001_DC11.jpg (364 KB, 1375x2087) Image search: [Google]
DPOOLMERCS2016001_DC11.jpg
364 KB, 1375x2087
Because two ongoings, a mini, a one-shot and a starring role in the Avengers wasn't enough:

DEADPOOL & THE MERCS FOR MONEY #1 (of 5)
Cullen Bunn (w) • Salvador Espin (a)
Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY MIKE HAWTHORNE
HIP-HOP VARIANT COVER BY TBA
VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
Deadpool might be an Avenger now, but he’s also got his own private team of mercenaries...the legally-cleared-to-be-called MERCS FOR MONEY! Got a problem you can’t solve on your own and a pile of money you’d like to be rid of? Just call Deadpool, Stingray, Massacre, Solo, Foolkiller, Terror and Slapstick and watch as that problem is shot, stabbed, eviscerated, pulverized and generally made bloody!
>>
>>77367690
>not madcap
he is dead isnt ?
and I hope this is comic focus more on the team that in deadpool.
>>
>>77367690
>Slapstick

I'm in.
>>
>>77367773
>Madcap dead

I hope not, I liked him in the first issue.
>>
>>77367773
>not madcap
Didn't he show in other Deadpool book? When he cosplays as Deadpool?
>>
>>77367690
Marvel, please stop boycotting your franchises that are not part of your cinematic universe....oh wait
>>
>>77367878
Except that Deadpool is hilariously popular with normies.
>>
>>77367838
yeah and since he isnt in this book with solo, stingray, terror and slapstick, i am guessing he died
>>
>7 books
Speaking as a Deadpool fan, this is getting fucking ridiculous
>>
>>77367878
call me when a member of the x-men get another solo
>>
>7 books
FIRST WE ATTACK HIS HEART
>>
File: black_hood.jpg (43 KB, 362x714) Image search: [Google]
black_hood.jpg
43 KB, 362x714
>>77367690
one of those guys looks like DC's Black Hood
>>
>>77368055
that because is an mexican deadpool that is wearing a potato bag for mask

>>77368022
THEN WE ATTACK THEIR WALLETS
>>
>>77367898
so...cap , hulk and thor are not popular enough to keep out to diversity bullshit
>>
>>77367690
Why is Solo working for Deadpool now? Shouldn't he be fighting terrorists?
>>
>>77368080
I guess? They pretty much see Spider-Man with katanas and guns.
>>
>>77367979
I know three

OP book
self titled
avengers
what else?
>>
>>77368080
would you believe me if i said deadpool is more popular than them ?
>>
>>77367979
It was worse when the Way run started.
>>
>>77368080
Do you have any form of social media? Deadpool is the hottest meme right now. No one's posting a le funny Cap quote on Instagram.
>>
>>77368129
Is all Way fault, HE MADE DEADPOOL POPULAR!
>>
>>77368114
Deadpool
Spider-Man/Deadpool
Uncanny Avengers

There's a Cable/Deadpool mini also. but that will be done by the time this comes out. They must be talking about the Gwenpool one-shot for some dumb reason.

So he gets one book to himself, shares a couple others, and has some mini's.
>>
>>77368012
but anon, deadpool is part of the x men franchise
>>
>>77368114
Deadpool and Cable that'll likely be done by the time the OP comic comes out, Spider-man/Deadpool, and something else I'm forgetting. Or I'm likely miscounting
>>
>Bunn

Alright, move along, nothing to see here.
>>
>>77367690
Well, the tagline for his new book *was* "more Deadpool than you ever asked for".
And this is actually expanding on that part of his ongoing that definitely needed more time to breathe.
Only, is anyone taking count of how many Deadpool minis has Bunn written with this?
>>
>>77367690
>Bunn on Wade
Ayyy no
>>
>>77368117
well...>>77368141
>>
>>77367690
>Bunn
How about no
>>
>>77368012
X-23/Wolverine has All-new Wolverine
Old Man Logan has Old Man Logan
OC Mutant Donut has X-men: Worst X-man Ever

That's three x-men with solos as part of ANAD.
>>
>>77368141
is popular for the hype of a movie made by fox
>>
File: Deadpool #19.jpg (213 KB, 900x1319) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool #19.jpg
213 KB, 900x1319
>>77367690
as long as Shalvey does all the covers, I'm okay with this.
>>
>>77368165
There's a one-shot for Massacre, who is Mexican Deadpool.
>>
>>77368201
Including this? 7
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe
Deadpool Killustrated
Deadpool Kills Deadpool
Night of the Living Deadpool
Return of the Living Deadpool
Deadpool vs Carnage
And this
>>
>>77368336
No, it's popular from him going full on meme during Way's run years ago. Since then, he's just been having a natural building of popularity off of that.
>>
>>77368348
wait wait...not supposed massacre is from Spanish/argentina translation
what the onda vital is he mexican
>>
>>77368434
Doesn't Mexico use the spanish translation? I mean, they do speak spanish over there.

Maybe it is argentinian deadpool. I just assumed Mexican because the joke is that its a spanish-speaking deadpool using deadpool's spanish translation name.
>>
>>77368475
i mean about the country Spain . my bad
>>
>>77367773
>Madcap dead
I don't think he can
>>
So is Bunn the new Way?
>>
>>77369326
or is the new way bunn?
>>
>>77369326
Bunn is good
>>
>>77369887
Sometimes.
>>
>>77370404
which is still more than can be said for Way
>>
>>77369887
>>77370404
>>77370474
I feel like I'm missing a very good pun...
>>
File: zardoz_head.jpg (84 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
zardoz_head.jpg
84 KB, 450x300
>>77369887
>>77370558
The Bunn is good, the Bendis is evil?
he's still bad though
>>
>>77370990
Maybe.
Maybe not.
Maybe fuck yourself.
>>
Any of you /co/mrades can help me out?

Who did that run of Deadpool with the orphan and the fat black lady who i think all get vaporized? Is that available anywhere to read? Is the storytime archived? I cannot find it for the life of me, I think it's the dead presidents run, but I know it's got some character development..
>>
>>77371479
Posehn and Duggan, and I'm not sure if it's available online
>>
>>77367690
>Bunnpool
No. Not again, how the fuck does Jordan White think he is a good DP writer?
>>
>>77371479
>>77371518
Archive being down you'll have to find it elsewhere. The 001 came out in 2012, that's all I've got.
>>
>>77371522
Bunn's Deadpool minis usually sell gangbusters and the ol' Way fans prefer Bunn's stuff to P&D's.
>>
>>77367878

Marvel will still peddle popular X-men because it's still one of their best franchises. This is why they are pushing Inhumans to replace them. If Inhumans are even half as popular as X-men then expect a real NO MORE MUTANTS.
>>
>FOOLKILLER

oh shit am I gonna read a Bunn comic
>>
>>77367690
Slapstick seems a bit overpowered for that team, isn't he basically invulnerable with the ability to use cartoon physics as an actual offensive power?
>>
>>77371876

everything for RR's DP has been coming up good and with all the other media, it would make sense to feed off of that and you have the pre-existing popularity.

Just more business synergy, and isn't DP generally in top 5 every month? Not bad for a copy character that became more popular than the originators.
>>
>>77371876
which will never happen. it's 50 years too late.
GotG at least had numerous series that lasted beyond 12 issues. As a matter of fact, they had a nice 60+ series in the 90s by Valentino.

Funny thing is, I predict that Inhumans will become at best a footnote in X-Men history, instead of their own thing, and 10 years from now, CBR will make an article about "The time when Marvel tried to replace X-Men with... Inhumans?"
>>
So Stingray is now a blood thirsty merc?
>>
Out in February 2016, according to the original sauce: https://archive.is/PVpz6

For the hip-hop variant, it may probably be revealed this week, along with that of International Iron Man.
>>
>>77372165
WAit, are you assuming comic book history had anything to do with gotg success? It was mostly good writing, cinematography, viral marketing, and overall promotion that did that.

Inhumans have caught on enough with the normies already, stay at home moms and cool nerds, or what have you.

If anything, they'd wipe out all mutants, and then bring em back in re-imagined when fox forked over the license. They fucked up f4 so hard thier polls for "how would you improve the f4?" was just thousands of people saying "give it back to disney".

The strategy is to starve them out in all media, videogames, comics, toys, anything they can manage. They only relent if they feel the market is niche enough to let go of, or for games like marvel heroes 2015 which was made from before the disney take over.
>>
>>77373432
What I mean is that GotG has a better track record as a comic book series. The thing is, when the movie became the success, those who wanted to read GotG, had plenty of source material to chose from. Inhumans at best were the supporting cast for F4. That's a world of difference. And as cute as lockjaw is (he isn't), he is not Rocket Raccoon
>>
>>77373432
>"give it back to disney".
yeah, they really trained their marveldrones, didn't they?

however, with x-men it's different, because most folks think that x-men works best in their own universe.
>>
>>77373432
>to starve them out in all media, videogames, comics, toys, anything they can manage

What does this even mean? It makes absolutely no difference in the context of Hollywood whether Marvel produces or not those products.
>>
>>77367690
>Foolkiller
God fucking damn, what an absolutely gross misuse of the character.
>>
>>77368397
You spend way too much time on 4chin
>>
>>77373903
It's the most recent incarnation of Foolkiller though; a god-awful in name only version who basically goes around killing criminals Punisher-style.

I picked up the two books dirt cheap and basically its a shit sandwich. Having him cosplay as Deadpool is actually a fucking step UP
>>
>>77374814
This. The current Foolkiller is a INO "Got to keep the trademark" type deal where they slapped the name on a "professional writer" OC Don't Steal Punisher rip-off he pitched to Marvel.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.