[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>character has enhanced healing >their hair grows back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 320x240
>character has enhanced healing
>their hair grows back to regular length after being burned off
>their teeth also grow back

Explain this bullshit
>>
>>81624831

Something something default state of their bodies when they gained their powers
>>
>>81624831
>Explain this bullshit
Well the medical explanation is that the person making the comic be it writer or artist doesnt want to have a character go through gradual hair regrowth or not have teeth anymore.

It's the same reason massive wounds can heal despite not having anything to necessarily produce the material with and requiring the person healing to eat a bunch of shit. Or how people can have strength beyond their muscle mass, or fly because none of those things require less suspension of disbelief than the thing you find to be bullshit.
>>
> Not actually regeneration, but time manipulation to revert back to the closest relative state of health.

It's more like a system restore than actual accelerated healing.

Explained. Pay me, Marvel.
>>
>>81624831
my take on it is that the brain has a certain understanding of what the body looks like so that when its hurt the brain can go look at its reference picture so to speak and base what to regenerate and how much to regenerate on that. thats why when wolverine got burnt to a crisp saving that japanese dude his hair came back with the rest of him, but when those japenese girls were shaving off his beard nothing happened. hopefully this makes sense
>>
>>81625399

>Not actually regeneration, but time manipulation to revert back to the closest relative state of health.

That's the most retarded explanation i have ever heard my life.

2 million dollars.
>>
Doesn't bodybuilding work because you're creating microtears in the muscle fibers that heal over and increase their mass?

Shouldn't everyone with regenerative abilities be totally fucking stacked, then?
>>
>>81624831
It's fiction.
>>
>>81624831
There's a psychological component to healing factors, it heals them to what they subconsciously think they should be like. Their hair grows back to how they had it before being hurt and tattoos may or may not disappear.
>>
The fact that Storm could control the weather used to bother me as a kid because it's "unrealistic".
Now I don't let the small things bother me.
>>
>>81624831
it's not really healing, it's more like a reset to a stable state.
>>
>>81630933
weather control is like, super large scale but not very strong control of air, heat and water, the 3 being common power that are usually strong in small scale. It's only bullshit when she flies or throw lightning from her hands.
>>
It's comics, I ain't gotta explain shit.

But also:
Regenerative =/= enhanced
>>
>>81631100
Well, shit
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.