[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone feel like Scarlet Witch is gonna get killed of in civil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 15
File: 1430919871587.jpg (349 KB, 725x1280) Image search: [Google]
1430919871587.jpg
349 KB, 725x1280
Anyone feel like Scarlet Witch is gonna get killed of in civil war?

>Quicksilver presumibly dead
>next to nill merchandise of the twins
>Scarlet Witch is absent from the civil war concept art
>Marvel wants to shit on Fox/mutants

Obviously there no real solid proof, but man i don't like where this is going.
>>
Nah, I don't think so.

Rumor is she loses control of her powers towards the beginning of the movie and the destruction she causes is a big reason for the registration push that starts the conflict. Since she can't control her powers she stays out of the conflict and goes into hiding.
>>
>>77361513
I'm hoping/expecting her to do some magic shit with Strange in Infinity War. Who knows though.
>>
I doubt it. They wouldn't kill her off one movie after her brother in a story where she's not even prominent.

Before AMATW was announced, I was fearful for Scott.
>>
>>77361592
>magic
She's telekinetic in movie.
>>
>>77361570
How is she able to hide so that Widow and SHIELD can't find her?
>>
>>77361796
And, you know, her mind control/illusions and energy blasts. They haven't ruled out the nature of her powers being magical.
>>
>>77363579
>What is magic?
>>
>>77361796
Except for her main purpose in the film was telepathy/illusions?
>>
>>77361513
No, just irrelevant because RDJ is in the movie for Captain America.
>>
>>77361513
To Disney/Marvel SW and Quciksilver aren't mutants. I expect her to be the bridge into the Inhumans movie.
>>
>>77361570
I never understood how iron man can justify registration of meta humans in the movie when all meta humans are either already their friend or on the bad guys side

or will he actually include the meta humans from Agents of shield like that knife-nails lady but aren't they already registered in the shield database

only way I could see this make alot more sense is if they have the civil war storyline after the inhuman movie.
>>
>>77363669
I think it'd less about registering powers and more government oversight, training and accountability on the part of active superhumans
>>
File: 1431032553765.png (112 KB, 355x320) Image search: [Google]
1431032553765.png
112 KB, 355x320
>>77364412
>>
>>77361513
They better not.
Killing Quicksilver was already retarded, but if they did kill SW now, why introduce the twins in the first place then?
Anyway, Elizabeth Olsen was seen filming for about 5 weeks, half of the filming time.
Probably because of what that rumor about her going into hiding said.
>>
>>77364412
NAME

>>77361592
I think that she'll leave in Civil War to go get control of her powers and end up with Strange at some point, whether it be during his movie or at the end/in the credits, then they'll both come to the Avengers. Wanda will have control of her powers by then.
>>
>>77361513
nah, i doubt it.

if anyone is gonna die i'd bet more on steve.
>>
>>77364896
AJ Applegate
>>
File: 1432509949002.jpg (509 KB, 1384x2000) Image search: [Google]
1432509949002.jpg
509 KB, 1384x2000
>>77364412
>>77364908
It's uncanny how similar they look.
>>
Aren't they continuing her suffering train by having her get close to Vision while she mourns Pietro before Thanos rips his gem out.

Also her vag is the best plot protection she has. they can't kill their second superheroine so easily.
>>
Why is Wanda so much more likeable than Natasha?

I liked her in one movie more than I have Black Widow in 4.
>>
>>77364942
Hnnnnggg.
I would hold her hand so hard.
>>
>>77365147
They made Black Widow a robot without personality except in WS.
Might also help that her actress is cuter than Scarjo.
>>
>>77365147
Because Wanda is in a eternal state of suffering.
>>
File: slut walk.jpg (109 KB, 401x474) Image search: [Google]
slut walk.jpg
109 KB, 401x474
>>77364412
who is that?
>>
>>77365208
Wanda after training with Black Widow.
>>
>>77365147
Well, Wanda had actual character development in Ultron and had more emotions than just dull surprise and quipping.
>>
They are not going to kill one of only two female superheroes in the MCU
>>
Wanda is cuter than Natasha.
>>77364971
>Get VizWanda
Thanos ruins everything.

I'm gonna be so mad. I want a vision and the scarlet witch movie.
>>
>>77361570
She goes into hiding, the Avengers are grounded, Cap sends Hawkeye to find her before government goons get to her. Avengers are not just a team to Wanda, they're family. Hawkeye and Cap help her pull through her crisis.

She regains control at the end by using her newly unlocked powers to tame her old ones.

In the comics her powers transform prior to meeting Doctor Strange.

Vision said that humans think that Order and Chaos cannot co-exist.

He defects to Cap to rescue Wanda, perhaps. At the end she leaves the Avengers to find herself and meets Strange.

Also, without Wanda Infinity War has lower stakes and Strange has no real connection to the Avengers.

However I am worried because Age of Apocalypse will have a Wanda most likely just to piss off Disney.
>>
>>77365292
You won't.
Why would anything you want to happen ever happen?
>>
>>77363579
Hawkeye gets to her first. Cap will not want anyone touching her.
>>
>>77365428
Fox gets quicksilver and disney gets wanda
>>
>>77361796
Olsen has stated Wanda's powers undergo a huge transformation.
>>
>>77365147
She's actually allowed to be human. Wanda is so powerful yet so vulnerable it hits me right in the feels.

She's a normal person struggling with her life completely changing and losing everything.
>>
Marvel has received a lot of criticism for not having any super-powered females in the Marvel Universe. The Wasp, Scarlet Witch, and Captain Marvel will be attempts to fix that.
>>
>>77365147
Wanda doesn't make quips.
>>
>>77361513
I wouldn't be surprised given that her supporter Joss Whedon is gone, but the thing is, she's the only super-powered Avenger lady at the moment.

Avengers 2 was supposed to introduce Carol Danvers as part of the team at the end, but they didn't cast her and Wanda is in the shot that was supposed to have Carol flying in. If they had more super-ladies then Wanda might be expendable. But leave aside the howls on websites if they killed off their first superheroine, it just doesn't seem like it would make sense.

Basically, Quicksilver was expendable (though I still think they shouldn't have killed him) because they've got lots of super powered dudes. Their supply of super powered ladies is low.
>>
>>77366292
I really hope the Spider-Man thing winds up delaying Carol's movie (they can always claim "Ant-Man and the Wasp" counts as a female-led movie instead). Wanda is more important to the Avengers in the comics and I'd like to see her play that part int he films.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-10-17h11m53s251.png (842 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-10-17h11m53s251.png
842 KB, 1024x576
>>77364412
>>77364908
>>77364942
Tasha Knox looks like a chubby Lizzie.
>>
>>77366653
Same here. Wanda's far more interesting than any of the others.

She also connects Strange to the Avengers and could have a great dynamic with him.
>>
>>77364412
you can see her nipple
MODS
MODS
MODS
MODS
>>
>>77366752
She looks more like a chubby Supergirl.
>>
>>77365147
Wanda isn't an outdated Russian stereotype and neither Bendis nor Byrne could ruin here in the movies yet, which as a result gives her huge adventage over BW who should just be retired like 90% of other generic Cold War era characters. Keep Crimson Dynamo since he's usually away, trim the rest of them away.
>>
really great, janitor.

Deleted the post without nudity and let the one with nudity stay.

bravo.
>>
>>77366292
Whatever you think of Joss his support and pushing for Wanda is praiseworthy, and his not turning her into a quipping machine.
>>
File: vision_wanda.jpg (39 KB, 736x387) Image search: [Google]
vision_wanda.jpg
39 KB, 736x387
>>77369526
Wanda and Pietro did seem kind of shoehorned into the story though so I understand why he got some opposition. I think given his age he just couldn't stand to do a movie with Ultron and Vision and *not* have the Scarlet Witch in it.

A lot of the plot is really kind of elaborate setup for that one fan-pleasing moment where Vision rescues Wanda. Whedon read the Avengers in the '70s so that means more to him than someone who is 10 years younger or older.
>>
Reminder that Bendis hates Wanda and purposely sabotaged her character in order to make his waifu Kitty Pryde artificially popular.
>>
>>77369697
I wonder if the people who opposed Wanda and Pietro being in the movie were Bendis and Quesada, who were on the now-defunct consultant committee. I have no idea but I'd like to think so.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 736x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 736x441
>>77369697
bendis :D:D

Seriously, though. fuck him for making quiptron
>>
>>77367046
Please just leave it be, you shouldn't even me on this site if this bothers you, if you opened the thumbnail its beacuse you knew and wanted it, its time for you to start acting like a mature person now.
>>
>>77365723
She's also flat out stated in interviews that Wanda uses magic.
>>
>>77370847
Its against the rules though
>>
>>77369836
I'm pretty sure they were behind that opposition, as was Perlmutter. Bendis and Quesada I can't imagine ever saying "yeah let's have Wanda in a movie".

Wanda only started to truly return to ongoing comics when Whedon made his push.

If we see Wanda and Carol together in Infinity War that would be there interaction anywhere in over a decade.
>>
>>77371141
The walking backwards and Japanese horror vibe at the beginning of AoU implies she is supernatural and mystic.
>>
>>77371941
Carol's editor says Wanda should get murdered which is why she hasn't appeared in her books.
>>
Arouns 2012-13 the avengers branch apparently said Vision and Wanda were part of the loser avengers with Jack of hearts and the like that no one wanted to use.
>>
>>77372308
Around*
>>
>>77361513
Don't even joke about that dude!
>>
>>77372308
Jack of Hearts was already dead when Disassembled was done in 2005, they just brought him back to kill him again.

The idea behind Bendis and Mark Millar's pitch for rebooting the Avengers was that Busiek and Geoff Johns' Avengers had too many characters who were only familiar to hardcore fans. Johns' run had a lot of stuff for his pet character Scott Lang, and Jack of Hearts (though only as a buildup to killing him) and Vision and Scarlet Witch.

So Disassembled cleared out all the second-tier characters who had been in the book too long: first Scott, then Vision and Hawkeye and She-Hulk and Wasp and of course Scarlet Witch.

I don't think this was so wrong because it was probably true that these characters had been in the book too long and a change was needed. It's just that this story and House of M made Wanda the Worst Person Ever who was responsible for Every Bad Thing Ever and could only have been a way of making her a villain permanently.
>>
>>77361513
>>77364756
>>77366292
I assume they removed Quicksilver so they didn't have to deal with the incest thing.
>>
They JUST started pushing Scarlet Witch and they've been desperate for more females, they're not gonna fucking kill her off any time soon.

If ANYBODY dies, it's going to be Hawkeye. His arc (if you can call it that) very clearly concluded in AoU and he expressed desire to leave the team and retire.

>>77374554
Quicksilver died because Joss wanted to kill someone off, everyone was expecting Hawkeye, Witch and Widow are female and he'd get called sexist, and literally the ONLY other Avenger he could kill would be Quicksilver. It was a contest between Hawkeye and QS from the beginning and he knew everyone would expect Hawkeye.

I do hope we get Black Knight and Tigra in the future, I like that Joss seems to be the only one who respects the actual history of these characters, too bad the movie sucked anyway.
>>
>>77374920
>If ANYBODY dies, it's going to be Hawkeye
nooo
wish they'd kill off his family instead, like in the ultimates. dad-hawkeye is lame
>>
>>77373402
That's so fucking dumb though. You don't have to kill characters to get them off a fucking team. They even prove that IN THE BOOK by having Hank and Janet not join of their own accord at first.

They literally just went "Ok what characters are OK to kill because they don't have books" because that was what was in vogue at the time. They figured Hawkeye, Lang and Vision were definitely alright to kill because no one really cared about Hawkeye, they had Pym and Vision could just be easily brought back if they needed him later, plus Bendis probably wanted more Wanda drama. I really can't understand why Bendis is such a fag about this stuff, when he doesn't care for a character he just kills them without any thought for fans or other writers, and for some reason there are a handful of characters he chooses to basically do the comic equivalent of killing their family and friends by ruining their history.

I just see no reason not to simply have said "Ok, everyone I don't want to use leaves" and let them go to other books or limbo until someone wants to use them.

Seriously fuck Bendis, fuck Disassembled and fuck the half decade that followed it, what a bunch of bullshit. I think Seige was the point where that shit finally stopped in favor of movie wank and outrage bait.
>>
>>77375286
Having She-Hulk rip Vision apart seems like it was a dick move to the She-Hulk book Dan Slott was doing at the time. Slott dealt with it as little as he could, but there was always a slight pall of depression hanging over the book after that.
>>
>>77375286
I would really love to know the true inside story of Wanda's almost total disappearance from the comics after HoM. I know that "Avengers: The Children's Crusade" was originally pitched as a new arc of Young Avengers, and there were some disagreements over whether they could do that story.

The result was several years where no one could use Wanda unless she was an amnesiac living at Mount Wundagore, because that was how she was supposed to begin Young Avengers: Children's Crusade. But was it Bendis blocking that story or just Allan Heinberg's inability to finish his stories? I have no clue.
>>
>>77376023
"Children's Crusade" was supposed to resolve Disassembled, but that was before the House of M "no more mutants" bullshit came in.

Which is why in Children's Crusade the mutant powers/House of M/X-Men stuff seems tacked on and pointless. It was just supposed to be a six-issue story about Wiccan looking for his sort-of-mom.
>>
>>77376023

little of column a, little of column b, little of Cheung is slow as fuck
>>
>>77375132
This. I never read Ultimates but Hawkeye with a family back at the farm was gay.
>>
>>77376082
Cheung's art is great, though.
>>
File: 1414413799419.gif (2 MB, 245x276) Image search: [Google]
1414413799419.gif
2 MB, 245x276
>>77374554

>guy has a sister
>that must mean they're fucking

m8.
>>
>>77375936
Basically any character who was not a Bendis Chosen One (Pryde, Cage, etc) got fucked in that era, and even some of Bendis' lesser chosen got wrecked by his hackery.
Bendis turned the Avengers into yet another Wolverine/Spiderman vehicle, and shoved in his fave Luke Cage for good measure.

You can definitely feel Whedon's love for Vision and Wanda in AoU, its one of the film's redeeming qualities.
>>
File: 1436607984361.jpg (16 KB, 576x252) Image search: [Google]
1436607984361.jpg
16 KB, 576x252
>>77366752
uw0tm8
This is her when she was chubby.
>>
File: Wanda.png (47 KB, 383x630) Image search: [Google]
Wanda.png
47 KB, 383x630
>Killing off Wanda
>Widow survives

I would give up on the MCU for good
>>
>>77376910
I take it you're not familiar with this particular duo.
>>
>>77364908

mai dick
>>
>>77378119
I don't even know why SJWs want a Black Widow movie.
Her super power is shooting guns.
>>
File: family bonding.gif (1 MB, 245x138) Image search: [Google]
family bonding.gif
1 MB, 245x138
>>77376910
>implying Gozilla isn't AoU's prequel
>implying they don't decide to go through the HYDRA experiments to get super powers and stop Gozilla should he appear again
>>
File: awkward.jpg (65 KB, 479x678) Image search: [Google]
awkward.jpg
65 KB, 479x678
>>77376910
Dude. Come on.
>>
File: 1430786961720.jpg (7 KB, 285x316) Image search: [Google]
1430786961720.jpg
7 KB, 285x316
>>77379009
I wonder how MCU Cap would react.
>>
>>77378328
Black Widow is Stronk Woman who doesn't afraid of anything and has no flaws. "Kicks ass" and gives no shits quipping about everything and extroverted.

Scarlet Witch is human, introverted, vulnerable, gets scared, worries, gets upset at bad things, cares about people, and makes mistakes.

The latter is a better character, but the former is preferable to people who think female characters should be perfect quipbots.
>>
>>77379581
SW and Vision are literally the only good thing JoJ Wew has provided to the MCU.
>>
>>77378074
Dayum, those are some wide shoulders.
>>
>>77372308
The same faggots probably think Kitty Pryde and Miles Morales are "awesome".
>>
>>77379009
>dat face
>>
>>77374554
No, Quicksilver died because Joss Whedon is a fan of pointless shock deaths for cheap emotional value. It's pretty much his signature thing. Happened in Buffy, Firefly, and Avengers 1. Maybe Dollhouse too, never watched that one.
>>
Vision and Scarlet Witch was the best thing in the movie. For all its issues, I enjoyed it just because of these two.
>>
>>77376023
I've heard that writers were prevented from using Wanda for years, but was it Quesada or Bendis or someone else? Or had Bendis created such a mess no one wanted to have to fix it.
>>
>>77382143
Get some fucking standards
>>
I thought it was Bendis and Quesada throwing their weight around.

It was around this time they started acting like Scarlet Witch was an X-character instead of a avengers one.
>>
>>77382292
Maybe it's because I got into comics because of the MCU, so I was only learning about those two during all this, but it seemed to be a bit of a weird split. I mean, they've appeared in three X-Men cartoons, an Avengers one, and an Iron Man one.
And then there's the whole "Onslaught" thing, where all the Avengers "died" and the X-characters survived. Wanda went with the Avengers, but Pietro stayed around. Even during the Avengers Busiek run, Wanda stuck with the Avengers while Pietro was with Magneto.
Hell, even in one of those cartoons (X-Men Evolution) Quicksilver showed up a lot more often than Wanda. It feels like, if we'd have to split the twins, this is the way it'd be done.
>>
>>77382292
That's what is annoying, Bendis portrayed her as an X-Men character and made a big issue of her being a mutant (I incline to think he quite deliberately cut out any reference to Chthon, High Evolutionary, Django, Marya, etc to justify his ludicrous premise that Magneto defines Wanda), completely forgetting that she's a mystic. He pushed her toward the X-Men universe then gave the X-Men reason to hate her after the Avengers were given reason to hate her...effectively wrecking her at both ends.
>>
Mmmhh.
>>
File: 1430516193265.jpg (150 KB, 800x445) Image search: [Google]
1430516193265.jpg
150 KB, 800x445
I'm hoping she mentions her brother in the movie, and how things would be easier for her or that he would help her right now if he was there.

>tfw still sad over quickslav
>>
Wanda had only thought of Mags as a glorified sperm donor.

Bendis infantalized her and had her refer to Erik as Daddy, when she only acknowledged Django as her father.

But Bendis really hated her. He even had his OC, Jessica Jones beat her up.
>>
>>77374554
Nah, the actors themselves secretly played that shit
>>
I think it's because she's half Jew but only acknowledges her gypsy side compared to his pure Jew waifu Kitty.
>>
>>77361513
>killing a major female character

Not unless they're prepared to deal with all the whining and complaining
>>
>>77384067
>Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron roleplayed as brother and sister and started making out
Lewd.
>>
So Wanda was Bendis' first gay Bobby moment?
>>
File: twins_nosound.webm (362 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
twins_nosound.webm
362 KB, 500x281
>>77384103

>How would you describe the relationship between her and Quicksilver? Obviously they’re brother and sister, twins…

>They’re like the closest you can get. They’re the only thing that matters in the world. You see in the comics, every time you see an image for them, they’re always holding each other’s hand and looking over each other’s shoulder. They’re always so close, it’s almost uncomfortable. Aaron and I have been playing a little bit with those kinds of images just for ourselves, because we think it’s nice for them to have that tight, that real tight union.

They know.
>>
>>77384152
>Aaron and I have been playing a little bit with those kinds of images just for ourselves, because we think it’s nice for them to have that tight, that real tight union.
Even more lewd.
>>
>>77384024
I think she will. If she does it will likely be with Cap, Vision, or Hawkeye.

Pietro's confidence kept her afloat during her darkest times and now she's in a similar situation to Cap of the life she knew being gone.
>>
>>77384079
If it was Wanda I would join them in the whining and complaining.
>>
>>77384206
> You will never have her tight union.
>>
It really bugs me for some reason her hair isn't curly.

Wanda has big curls. Why make it all limp and straight?
>>
>>77384278
Even with the clothes, they made it a point to make her look like she just picks up whatever she can find.
I doubt she cares about her hairstyle.
>>
>>77384278
> Vision will never call her "Curlytop".

But the straight hair look is more "Witchy".
I reckon Clea will give her a "Full Witch" costume in Infinity War.
>>
>>77384105
Yep.

>>77384075
A half Jewish gypsy who married a non-Jew synthezoid.
>>
>>77379581
Black widow is a russian super soldier who spys. The reason she should get her own movie is Exactly because too many people think Stronk Woman is her character type. No body thought Cap falling through that skylight was "Too Much". She is suppose to be a lighter version of that. She's got like 5 decades of experience under her belt, so yeah, she doesn't make mistakes because she's already made and learned from them. All that other crap is for kids and she has control of her emotions.
>>
>>77384152
>>77364942
She's qt.
>>
Uhh.
>>
>>77361513
Probably.
>>
>>77361513
I think the fact Feige is a massive Strange-fag counts in her favour, as she connects him to the wider MCU and takes him out of his scientifuc aloof comfort zone, as does the fact that without her Infinity War has no real emotional stake for the audience (Vision getting his head ripped will not matter much other than plot mcguffin if there's no Wanda).
>>
>>77389708
Wanda... had a hard life.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.