[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why this show is so popular? As someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: latest[1].png (2 MB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2 MB, 1916x1076
Can someone explain to me why this show is so popular? As someone who actually has ADHD I thought I would enjoy it but even I couldn't stand it and found it annoying.
I hear people complain that it rapes the original show and DC in general but I don't even care about that, I just don't see how anyone can find
>WAFFLES WAFFLES WAFFLES WAFFLES
enjoyable?
>>
>>77352705
kids
>>
>>77352730
But the most popular kids shows were never this spastic.
>>
>>77352705
Not every episode is the "WAFFLES" episode. Some of them are actually funny.

But you wouldn't know that, because you're just repeating the same tired bullshit that /co/ ALWAYS complains about in this show.
>>
>>77352705
mean-spirited humor
TAWOG does that too but in a not so awful way.
>>
>>77352785
>You never saw an episode
I have. Not every second is that bad but it often is and the times it isn't involved the characters being horribly unlikable.
>Let's lie to starfire and say it's Christmas and be total ass holes
>Oh look she found out and now she is literally trying to murder us sending us all into a comma
>Even though we are super heroes we aren't really going to stop crime or anything
And that is one of the better episodes I have seen.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3K6AEiXOAE
No?
>>
File: TT_GO_6.jpg (1 MB, 2063x3131) Image search: [Google]
TT_GO_6.jpg
1 MB, 2063x3131
Tell me about Silkie. Why does he wear the mask.
>>
>>77352705
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gmt7JsraPw

This right here redeems the show
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJzyzoka3Bs
Jesus fuck, DC, why so lewd?
>>
>>77352730
Fuck those guys!
>>
File: teen titans bingo.jpg (698 KB, 1342x1528) Image search: [Google]
teen titans bingo.jpg
698 KB, 1342x1528
>Waffles in the OP
We're off to a good start!
>>
It's a mediocre show that gets played like 7 hours a day which invariably grinds away whatever redeeming aspects the show may have under a deluge of overexposure.
>>
Its mediocre, but at the very least, it's better than Gravity Falls, and certainly better than Steven universe.
>>
>>77355623
not even trying anon
>>
Honestly, I think a lot of it is simply the energy that the voice actors bring to the table. Kids really respond to that kind of shit regardless of what they're saying.

But not that the jokes are all terrible. It's one of the weaker things airing on CN, but it has its moments.

Also for the record the Waffle episode is one of a bizarrely large number of episodes that cant decide if it's taking the piss out of the original series and its fans or being referential to it as it was based on a long running criticism of the original Teen Titan cartoon's over-use of Waffle jokes. I'm not sure if they're trying to entertain someone or piss them off and I certainly don't know who, because as a fan of the original, it's certainly doing neither to me.
>>
>>77355496
Holy shit. I didn't really TTG fans were brony tier. That image screams hardcore fanboy so loud.
>>
>>77352865
Also, "Robin tells her FROM THE BEGINNING but still gets his ass kicked.".
>>
File: TTG_Legs_119a_67.png (3 MB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
TTG_Legs_119a_67.png
3 MB, 1916x1076
As I never liked first TT cartoon, I had no nostalgia issues watching TTG. And I can say TTG indeed has quite a few amusing episodes, nice animation, great voice acting and even some good songs.
It is the show, you are supposed to watch selected few episodes of, watching it whole will liquefy your brain IMO.
>>
>>77356455
I can't see why I would watch a show when all of the characters are unlikable.
>>
>>77352705
>WAFFLES WAFFLES WAFFLES WAFFLES
>people still bitching about one episode where the whole point was that Cyborg and BB were being annoying

The way people keep bringing it up you would think they say it every episode
>>
https://youtu.be/EnR3tr-MFXQ?list=LLGRkdQk18__QWiYMbMtWQIQ
>>
It's just Johnny Test 2.0. A very cheap to produce time filler to run in the hours when kids aren't home.
>>
>>77353255
I'm not a fan of the show but I would kill for a full version of that.
>>
Hating this show has transcended personal taste and opinion. It's merely a shitty meme.

Go has some crummy episodes but overall it's actually a very good cartoon. As in, one of the few things worth watching. The amount of effort placed in it is very noticeable when it shines. The music is godtier, the variety of art styles employed via visual gags is astounding and the humor if not excellent is pleasently passable. There's references up the ass and generally good messages, and by good messages I mean that the characters will occassionally show that peculiar "care and love" thing we lacked so much up until recently. Being male I notice this especially in the way Jinx, Raven and Starfire act.

/co/'s been giving Go a lot of shit and comparing it to some truly bad cartoons, and this is kinda funny given how many abominations it tends to love. In the end I think the hate primarily comes not from fans of TT but from the younger audience who is aware of TT, knows it had drama and stuff and wants to feel mature and adult, as all younger teens do. Thus they feel Go offends them personally.

Go didn't spoil TT and it hasn't offended TT. It adds more to the Titans and the Titans are here to stay because this is a second successful series about them. There will be more in the future.

Also fuck "serious" superhero pseudo-stories, from movies to YJ. Even the best Batman cartoon is Brave and the Bold and not TAS.
>>
>>77358627
>>77353255
>Wishes it was a real song
>>
Why do they even call this show Teen titans? I have not once seen them try to stop crime.
In fact that is the most disgusting part about it. While they are doing retarded ass meme shit people in the city are dying.
>>
>>77359041
>It's a meme
>Tripfag
Good job proving the haters right.
>>
File: Teen Titans go.png (450 KB, 389x506) Image search: [Google]
Teen Titans go.png
450 KB, 389x506
Even Google knows
>>
>>77359041
Every episode is shit when the characters are shit.
>>
>>77359315
>I have not once seen them try to stop crime.
You should probably try paying attention
>>
>>77359482
Sorry I didn't watch every episode. I saw about 4 and not once did they stop crime something that should happen nearly every episode.
>>
>>77359041
Outside of the producer/director's pretentiousness and over-rerunning/advertising, it's a meh show if you ask me. Some decent eps, some shitty eps whose names will not be mentioned that haven't already been mentioned a dozen times.

Saying it now, though the only shit characters are Beast Boy and sometimes Robin.
>>
>>77359558
Cyborg is Obnoxious
Raven is completely ruined and her "I'm dark and moody but not really I just want to act like it to be cool" shit reminds me of your average emo teenager
Starfire seems to be the least changed but that is because her goofyness matches the show the best
Robin is just a dick
>>
>>77359508
wow, 4 out of over 100 episodes

besides crime fighting isn't the main focus of the show, so that's not really a valid complaint
>>
>>77359615
>Cyborg
Agreed, but he was kind of like that in the original as well, as needed. Kinda used to that factor.
>Raven
Pony comments aside, I see what you're getting at. The times she IS upbeat seems kind of out of character for her as well.
>Starfire
Agreed on all terms. She's perfect for this setting.
>Robin
Also agreed.
>>
>>77359626
>it's for a cartoon about superheroes to have nothing to do with them being super heroes
Then why even call it teen titans?
>>
>>77359681
They're allowed to do other things
>>
>>77359706
>Super heroes
>Instead of saving lives let's just do retarded meme shit
>>
>>77359727
You know they still fight crime, right?
>>
>>77352705
>Kid's find it entertaining
>It's cheap to make

Man children on /co/ aren't the targeted audience.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.