[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Cap's Kooky Quartet the most fun Avengers team?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
Why is Cap's Kooky Quartet the most fun Avengers team?
>>
REEEEEEEEEE mutant terrorists on team!
>>
File: Avengers (1963-1996) 022-020.jpg (797 KB, 1845x926) Image search: [Google]
Avengers (1963-1996) 022-020.jpg
797 KB, 1845x926
>>77346297
Because Cap and Hawkeye hating each other homoerotically > Cap and Iron Man hating each other homoerotically.
>>
>>77346297
The fuck is Hawkeye wearing?!
>>
>>77346629
That's just the artist's (mis?) interpretation of his classic costume.
>>
>>77346297
I liked how the fill-in story in the first year of Thunderbolts was an untold tale of the first Marvel villains to cross over into being heroes.

I'd read an "Untold Tales of Cap's Kooky Quartet." They weren't together very long before Hank and Wasp came back (after their feature was canceled).
>>
File: Hulk_v2_038_07b.jpg (101 KB, 309x653) Image search: [Google]
Hulk_v2_038_07b.jpg
101 KB, 309x653
Avengers belong in the trash as a team and franchise
>>
File: Avengers (1963-1996) 053-000.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Avengers (1963-1996) 053-000.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
Which is the least powerful Avengers lineup, that or this?
>>
>>77346297
Are they retconning Clint's mask? Nah fuck that.
>>
>>77346297
no thor
no iron man
>>
>>77348948
That, having Pym automatically makes you OP as fuck
>>
File: Cap's kooky quartet.png (255 KB, 718x525) Image search: [Google]
Cap's kooky quartet.png
255 KB, 718x525
>>77346297
It was a team of Cap with a bunch of reformed villains which was really controversial back then, read the letters to the editor for those issues and fans were livid about this team.

Theur dynamic was fun to read about because they couldn't stand each other initially but the four ended up bonding and becoming almost like family. Wanda, Pietro, and Clint remember those years fondly and they have immense love and respect for Steve for putting up with them, especially Clint since Steve was the first mentor he had who didn't let him down and his first positive father figure so Clint will give him a hard time but he will defend the shit out of him and protect him from anyone else. After Clint came back to life and knew that Steve was he was fucking pissed at Tony and when Bucky became Cap he tried to beat him up and take the shield from him (he tolerated but never approved of BuckyCap and the Avengers Reunion writer compared Clint seeing Bucky with Steve's clothes to a person seeing someone else with their dead father's clothes and Remender said Hawkeye had some major authority problems, daddy issues, and need of approval when it came to Cap so Clint definitely has some shit to resolve).

They were also hella funny

http://bobbimorses.tumblr.com/post/94120954301/methuselah-and-his-three-unruly-toddlers

But really it was a fun team whose most powerful nember was Wanda (and back then she could only cause people to get bad luck) yet they managed to beat Kang the Conqueror, my fav Avengers team.
>>
Because its a team made up of three former villains and Cap, the Super paragon.
>>
>>77346297
Is it correct to call them Uncanny Avengers team Vol 0?
>>
>>77346737
I really do miss Hawkeye having a mask.
>>
>>77350578
Same here, I get why not in the MCU but in the comics he should have it, it makes him more unique than guy with purple glasses.

Also him being a SHIELD agent is shit, Clint hated the spy game, one of the reasons he and Natasha never worked out.
>>
>>77350235
why is Wanda fat?
>>
>>77346354
There's no mutant in that team, anon.
>>
>>77348948
>Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver
>Not powerful

C'mon, son.
>>
>>77350715
They are again. Last Uncanny Avengers got retconned with Secret Wars
>>
>>77350785
HAHAHAHAHAAHA Oh wow, is that so? Holy shit, Marvel. Fucking state of your company.
>>
File: Avengers (1963-1996) 024-000.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Avengers (1963-1996) 024-000.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>77350235
One of my favorite covers is from the second part of the Kang story, that just shows how totally overmatched this team is and yet somehow they manage to win anyway (because of plot armor, I know, but still).
>>
>>77350785
No, the new Uncanny Avengers confirms the retcon of them not being Magneto's kids.

Whether they're mutants or "artificial mutants" I don't know, or care. Effectively they're mutants.
>>
>>77350870
I'm not super familiar with the "power levels" of the time, but I'm guessing Wanda wasn't capable of phasing all of them out of existence yet. But couldn't Pietro handle all of them in a minute?
>>
>>77350907
By that metric Spider-Man is a mutant. Was the X-Gene involved in the High Evolutionary experiments or not?
>>
>>77350969
We don't know and we may never know because Remender left without addressing this storyline that nobody really liked anyway.

They've had the X-gene in just about every story where it was relevant, so I don't think it matters whether it was a "real" X-gene or artificially implanted. But mostly the stories they were in don't make sense if they're not mutants, so they're mutants. I accept retcons only as far as they make sense.
>>
File: Avengers (1963-1996) 024-003.jpg (2 MB, 1869x1805) Image search: [Google]
Avengers (1963-1996) 024-003.jpg
2 MB, 1869x1805
>>77350949
Pietro's speed has always been inconsistently written, but it's usually clear that he's not Flash fast (this was a plot point in the JLA crossover where he couldn't access the Speed Force and was outmatched without it). He got captured a lot for a fast guy.

One thing I like about the way Stan wrote Cap was that he actually emphasized the fact that he was an experienced warrior teaching these three people how to fight strategically. And also trading insults with Hawkeye.
>>
I hate when the Pyms limped back like the washed up assholes they were and ruined the simple dynamic of the quartet. Yet when Iron Man and Thor came back a year or two later and then decided to stick around it was nice. Those two were bros back then.
>>
>>77351031
Interesting.
>>
>>77346297
>>77346737
This roster just reminds me of the glory days of the Avengers and how its just utterly shit on nowadays
>>
>>77350235
This actually sounds really good, you made me want to read it
>>
>>77352516
Too many Avengers, enough unique team line-ups.

Although I do find CoC Collector team to be an interesting lineup.
>>
Where did the name kooky quartet come from? Come on, that just sounds retarded.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.