[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think about Neil Gaiman's The Sandman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: sandmanavatar.jpg (5 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
sandmanavatar.jpg
5 KB, 100x100
What does /co/ think about Neil Gaiman's The Sandman?
>>
It's good
>>
It's great and I loved the ending to oueverture since my favorite arc of Sandman is Doll's House.
>>
File: sandman blood 1296182494877.jpg (138 KB, 343x452) Image search: [Google]
sandman blood 1296182494877.jpg
138 KB, 343x452
>>
Gaiman is a great storyteller and has a best grasp of what a classic fairy-tale should be since I don't know, freaking Tolkien probably. Great stuff overall and spawned one of the best spin-offs after all.
>>
Pretty decent.
>>
It's good, but as is /co/'s nature contrarians hate it.
>>
I thought parts of it were really well written, amazingly so, while others bored me to death.

I'll probably finish it one day, but I gave up after the "everyone sits in a tavern and tells their tale" bit. The Prez story was great, but every single other story in that TPB bored me to death. Some of them were well drawn though, can't deny it that.

I hear the series end-game was some of the best, but for me it was downhill after the story of the dreaming cats and the guy who decided to not die. That was peak Sandman for me, but like I said, I've only read probably three quarters of it.
>>
>>77343777
Sandman is one of those books that gets better everytime you reread it.

The amount of foreshadowing is big.
>>
>>77339855
Felt like he was trying too hard to meet the standard of Moore and Morrison. Just like everything else he writes.
>>
>>77339855
My favorite comics ever.
>>
>>77343829
Morrison hadn't set much of a standard at DC since he started at the same time.
>>
>>77339855
Good except for the SJWshit bit with the tranny.
>>
One of the best comic book series I've ever read. But I'm a Gaiman fanboy, so you might take that cum grano salis.
>>
>>77344227
kek
>>
>>77342325
Always loved this little scene.
>>
>>77339855
Fucking piece of shit
>>
my 1st comic i read to completion
>>
>>77343952
Sandman starts well into Animal Man and Doom Patrol
>>
>>77346409
shut up
>>
>>77346434
Kek fucking mad
>>
>>77346448
no u
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.